PDA

View Full Version : Women & shopping

Croker
30-05-2005, 18:26
Saturday I went out and my partner, (a woman) spent hours and hours buying stuff(mostly clothes) . Today, a sunday, we drove around trying to take it all back, only to discover that most of the reciepts have been mislaid or lost :mad:

anyone have any similar bank holiday revelry?

Chimaera
30-05-2005, 18:29
Nope - I refuse point blank to go shopping on a Bank holiday weekend!
(Unless it's B&Q! ;) )
You could always let her go shopping on her own, Croker? :shrug: :D

bdav
30-05-2005, 19:05
(Unless it's B&Q! ;) )

B&Q is the embodiment of hell - you walk in there confronted with offers of plastic tables for less than a mars bar, its impossible to find anything, and the only help are greasy teenagers who couldn't tell you the difference between a nail and a screw.

Russ
30-05-2005, 19:09
Clothes shopping with the missus is a major chore so I'm usually found in the bbc*

*Bored Boyfriend's Corner - you've all seen it, the bit just outside the changing rooms where all the fellas congregate and mill about like cattle.

Bex
30-05-2005, 19:18
Saturday I went out and my partner, (a woman) spent hours and hours buying stuff(mostly clothes) . Today, a sunday, we drove around trying to take it all back, only to discover that most of the reciepts have been mislaid or lost :mad:

anyone have any similar bank holiday revelry?

i hate clothes shopping. i must admit i will not spend hours looking for stuff... i go and find what i want and then leave.

russ mentioned the bored boyfriend corner, i normally sit in the bored friend corner... when i go shopping with the girls. i can think of much better ways to spend my time then shopping

Mal
30-05-2005, 21:32
(Unless it's B&Q! ;) )I got arrested once in there...this prat in an orange top comes upto me and asks me "do I want decking?", so I thought that I'd better get in there first ;)

Chimaera
30-05-2005, 21:35
B&Q is the embodiment of hell - you walk in there confronted with offers of plastic tables for less than a mars bar, its impossible to find anything, and the only help are greasy teenagers who couldn't tell you the difference between a nail and a screw.
Poor you! Our local B&Q is one of the enlightened ones that employs the 'older generation' - they are brilliant!

(Unless it's B&Q! ;) )I got arrested once in there...this prat in an orange top comes upto me and asks me "do I want decking?", so I thought that I'd better get in there first ;)
:rofl: @ Mal! Best I don't go shopping with you! ;)

bmxbandit
30-05-2005, 21:47
*Bored Boyfriend's Corner - you've all seen it, the bit just outside the changing rooms where all the fellas congregate and mill about like cattle.
all they need is an xbox, or something... the first department store that does that gets my (gf's) custom! ;)

Dave Stones
30-05-2005, 21:49
Poor you! Our local B&Q is one of the enlightened ones that employs the 'older generation' - they are brilliant!

hmm take today.... some woman comes up to my colleague and asks for assistance, he doesnt know so sends her to me (i know more about jigsaw blades than him...)...

she then turns round and says to my colleague "it's better in B&Q, the staff there are older and so know more than you "people"... now with it being a very stressful day, i turned round to her and said "well **** off to B&Q then..."... minutes later she was queuing up at the checkouts with her jigsaw blades :rolleyes:

funny thing being, B&Q next to our store is absolutely pants, the staff know nothing about anything...

so don't diss people in your hardworking hardware stores, we can get you banned if we want ;)

[edit] or more simply, we can play dumb monkey like the little retail scrotes we are supposed to be (way we get treated anyway), and not help... :erm:

Xaccers
30-05-2005, 21:50
Lingerie shopping is the best though :naughty:

kronas
30-05-2005, 22:06

never done that, very nearly did!

*wanders off to find a girlfreind :erm: :D :p:

shopping can be quite therapeutic really, has been for a fair few people, alot of people like to spend their time umming and arring but its better to be direct or browse efficiently, although the time seems to fly when your shopping :Yikes:

Tezcatlipoca
30-05-2005, 22:10

Definitely. Only "clothes" shops I ever liked going to with my ex gf were Anne Summers & La Senza :D

Couldn't stand waiting around in normal clothes shops with her. So boring waiting for her to try things on, like them, change her mind, change her mind again, etc.... Still, she then had to put up with me wandering round HMV & GAME whenever we went shopping.

allieyoung666
30-05-2005, 23:02
No I like going to Whitby and the sea side, I cannot obide shopping on a bank holiday! Everytime I take Paul to shops like those hwe ends up drooling so I go on my own and then the supprise is twice as nice!!!
Mind you I did manage to buy a handbag in Whitby,but I do not like it now. PAUL take me back to whitby not!!!

xcdtowg
31-05-2005, 00:55
I hate shopping with a passion! If i need cloths i get them off the net or go shopping at 9 in the morning when no one is around and i can be home by 10 ;) Food shopping at tescos at 1am is fun though, get to run around with the trolleys when no ones around, not that i do that of cause :rolleyes: :erm:

But why were you taking everything back? Is it some weird girl thing, lol, Plonkings sister goes shopping and takes it all back too :confused: It really confuses me...:Yikes:

danielf
31-05-2005, 01:11
My gf has only once asked me to come out when she was shopping for clothes. It is very rare for her to take anything back as well. Some of the posters in this thread should consider a change of gf imo :)

Raistlin
31-05-2005, 01:14
I actually don't mind shopping with my GF, in fact we're going tomorrow.

I do hate shopping for myself though.

Oh, and as an off-topic aside, I preferred your previous Avatar xcdtowg :)

nffc
31-05-2005, 01:18
I don't mind shopping. Browsing is cool but then you don't spend anything... as for clothes shopping, well that just bores me rigid. How can women spend so long doing that, I don't know. I'm usually in, looking quickly, grab it, try it on (as quickly as I can) then pay and walk out. Whole process no less than 10-15 mins. I spend longer in CD/game shops, PC shops etc, but then, that's not as much a "girl thing" as clothes shops :LOL:

ian@huth
31-05-2005, 01:21
Ever noticed that women can spend an hour or more in one clothes shop but if they accompany you into Game or anywhere like that they are telling you to get a move on after a couple of minutes. :)

nffc
31-05-2005, 01:41
Ever noticed that women can spend an hour or more in one clothes shop but if they accompany you into Game or anywhere like that they are telling you to get a move on after a couple of minutes. :)
I'm the reverse, do to them in teh clothes shops what they do to you in the cool shops ie look immensely bored and moan. Usually works. :)

Graham
31-05-2005, 02:02
My gf has only once asked me to come out when she was shopping for clothes

Isn't once enough...?! :D

greencreeper
31-05-2005, 09:42
I usually get taken shopping by my mum. It's the usual routine - first thing seen is the thing bought but only after trailing round dozens of other shops. I give an honest opinion though, which is what she likes. I can often be found in the BBC corner, or else on my mobile phoning her. She's very little and easily vanish behind clothes rails :D

When it comes to shopping on my own, it's a well planned military campaign - I know the shops I plan to hit and what I want. I'm in the door and out again ASAP. Very, very rare for me to go near a changing room.

I get stressed easy :D

deadite66
31-05-2005, 09:44
eek wrong thread ignore

punky
31-05-2005, 10:52
I have no problem with going round shops clothes shopping. It is important to spend time with them, even if it is doing something I don't like. I'd hope she do the same for me. We wander around together and I pick out clothes that I think are nice. Its even better when she's wearing them later.

One thing I do object to though, she'd come out and ask questions, like "Does this look good/does it fit right/does it suit me", i'd give an honest answer, and then she'd say "Nah, I think your wrong" and do the opposite. Made me feel about an inch tall. If you aren't going to take my advise, then why bloody ask? Plus the fact, I am a bloke, so I think i'd qualify about what makes a girl look good and what doesn't.

Some of them used to be a bit funny about returning stuff too. It is almost like they go into a psychosis when shopping. They have to buy something, they can't return empty handed. In the morning, they awake, like coming out of a drunken stupor, with the "what the hell have I done?", and want to return things too.