PDA

View Full Version : old faithful Terrayon

bucketbakereturn
26-05-2005, 13:55
well in about 5 weeks time we're moving house, i've spoken to NTL (thrillin 25 min wait to a whiny english mare, i so do not miss that SE accent), who say that the digibox will be picked up but not the SACM because the costs are prohibitive.

Now i won't be able to take on any NTL services where i'm going but i'm curious to know that if i connect via the existing ethernet on the Terrayon, will it actually work?

Some of the alternate ISP's on BT's exchange give the option of ethernet so i'm wondering has anyone else had this experience?

cheers

Chris W
26-05-2005, 14:17
ADSL is a different technology to Cable, so the Terayon modem will not work. The only thing it is good for is a paperweight i'm afraid!

Angua
26-05-2005, 14:21
What I can't understand is why, if they will pick up the Digi box they can't pick up th SACM at the same time:dozey::batty:?!?!?

orangebird
26-05-2005, 14:43
What I can't understand is why, if they will pick up the Digi box they can't pick up th SACM at the same time:dozey::batty:?!?!?

Why bother picking something up for no reason? :dozey:

Chris
26-05-2005, 14:52
Why bother picking something up for no reason? :dozey:

Ecological disposal? :)

bucketbakereturn
26-05-2005, 14:57
cheers Monkey, i kinda thought that was the reason but i wasn't sure.

As for what they would and wouldn't be picking up it was clearly stated that it was cost only