PDA

View Full Version : Muscle exercise directory

Ramrod
24-05-2005, 23:31
Everything you ever wanted to know about muscles, where they are and how to train them (http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html) :)
edit--and how to strech them...it's rather good!

greencreeper
25-05-2005, 00:00
Oh smashing! Discovered that a muscle wraps around the chest - explains why my back and chest ache at same time. Brilliant :D

Ramrod
25-05-2005, 00:11
Oh smashing! Discovered that a muscle wraps around the chest - explains why my back and chest ache at same time. Brilliant :DYou on about the intercostals? :confused:

greencreeper
25-05-2005, 00:13
You on about the intercostals? :confused:
No - that's a mountain range in Denmark.

Latissimus Dorsi - top of it is in just the right place for where is aches.

Ramrod
25-05-2005, 00:17
No - that's a mountain range in Denmark.

Latissimus Dorsi - top of it is in just the right place for where is aches.The Lats shouldn't make your chest hurt..........some other muscles are involved. The only muscles that go from the back of the chest to the front are the intercostals (between the ribs)..........

Denmarks flat........... :D

greencreeper
25-05-2005, 00:20
The Lats shouldn't make your chest hurt..........some other muscles are involved. The only muscles that go from the back of the chest to the front are the intercostals (between the ribs)..........
I get a twinge sort of a few ribs up on the left hand side. It often wraps round to my chest - sometimes catches my breath. Had it as long as I can remember. Comes and goes. I was smashed into a table in my late teens, which didn't help it any.

Is it?

Ramrod
25-05-2005, 00:23
I get a twinge sort of a few ribs up on the left hand side. It often wraps round to my chest - sometimes catches my breath. Had it as long as I can remember. Comes and goes. I was smashed into a table in my late teens, which didn't help it any. Sounds like an intercostal +/- a sprained rib

Is it?afaik (http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/da.html):D

Terrain:

low and flat to gently rolling plains
Elevation extremes:

lowest point: Lammefjord -7 m
highest point: Yding Skovhoej 173 m

ikthius
25-05-2005, 00:25
great find

ik

bmxbandit
25-05-2005, 00:26
highest point: Yding Skovhoej 173 m

which, lets face it, is a bit pants... :p:

i think this random page found on google (http://teamrankings.com/pics/scandinavia_03/) nicely sums it up!

Ramrod
25-05-2005, 00:27
great find

ikJust the CIA factbook :)

ikthius
Oh smashing! Discovered that a muscle wraps around the chest - explains why my back and chest ache at same time. Brilliant :D

as rammy said intercostals.

ik

EDIT: Someone rep him for me, I have not spread it about lately.

greencreeper
Sounds like an intercostal +/- a sprained rib
Oh right - ta. Methinks it's a spasm, though I've no idea why it spasms. Weird thing is the human body. I can't really go see one of you guys because of the gay thing <cough> :blush:

afaik (http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/da.html):D
They don't let me out much :D

Ramrod
25-05-2005, 00:33
I can't really go see one of you guys because of the gay thing <cough> :blush:Huh? :confused:
Anyoohoo, moving swiftly on.........the muscles spasm because if they have been damaged/are irritated they produce pain. Your nervous system reacts to this pain by inducing spasm in the affected muscles which then produces damage....leading to pain--which produces spasm.
Thats the "pain/spasm/pain" cycle..........

greencreeper
25-05-2005, 00:37
Huh? :confused:
Anyoohoo, moving swiftly on.........the muscles spasm because if they have been damaged/are irritated they produce pain. Your nervous system reacts to this pain by inducing spasm in the affected muscles which then produces damage....leading to pain--which produces spasm.
Thats the "pain/spasm/pain" cycle..........
Contact from a man - might get excited... :o

I wonder what sets it off then? :erm: Interesting is this stuff. I think I was born with a troublesome body - I know my immune system is nuts. It's a tough life :D

Ramrod
25-05-2005, 00:39
Contact from a man - might get excited... :o Has it been too long? :sorry: :D ......you could always see a female therapist :)

I wonder what sets it off then? :erm: The initial injury......then (if your'e unlucky) it gets into the pain/spasm/pain cycle

greencreeper
25-05-2005, 00:47
Has it been too long? :sorry: :D ......you could always see a female therapist :)
Cheek! :D Not too keen on the idea of being touched by a woman actually :disturbd: Hey - I'm a mess :shrug: :D

The initial injury......then (if your'e unlucky) it gets into the pain/spasm/pain cycle
Hmmm. I wonder if my mother dropped me as baby or anything :erm: I'll ask her. I know my dad slung me out the pushchair once - hit a bump and I took off :D Dads huh - hopeless.

homealone
25-05-2005, 00:52
Contact from a man - might get excited... :o

I wonder what sets it off then? :erm: Interesting is this stuff. I think I was born with a troublesome body - I know my immune system is nuts. It's a tough life :D

I dunno who to reply to - my legs, lungs, arms, & lower back have benefited from cycling to work, most days - the waist has expanded since I packed up smoking :angel:

danielf
25-05-2005, 01:05
The initial injury......then (if your'e unlucky) it gets into the pain/spasm/pain cycle

So how do you break that then?

greencreeper
25-05-2005, 02:24
So how do you break that then?
See Rammy I guess.

Nidge
25-05-2005, 05:46
Everything you ever wanted to know about muscles, where they are and how to train them (http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html) :)
edit--and how to strech them...it's rather good!

Good find mate, I've been training for 10 years and that comes in useful.

Ramrod
25-05-2005, 09:14
So how do you break that then?Get the muscle to relax with massage and get any involved joints 'unlocked' with manipulation