PDA

View Full Version : bankruptcy listings...

kronas
24-05-2005, 17:37
a freind mine of mine is seeking a online search site which will allow you to look for bankruptcy details of businesses, he siad he found one but it was a pay site so hes looking for a free one.

anyone have any links to share :)

Paul K
24-05-2005, 17:59
Why is your friend looking for bankrupt companies?

punky
24-05-2005, 18:03
You can check online at Companies Houses here: http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/WebCHeck/findinfopage/

If it went bankrupt, it should say dissolved, or something similiar.

Everyone should use that check to prove how long a company has been into existance, etc. It also stocks previous aliases for companies which is helpful in tracing companies' timelines

Edit: That'll be little help though if your mate wants to buy stuff cheap from the companies' recievers though. Should be help to someone though.

kronas
24-05-2005, 19:30
Why is your friend looking for bankrupt companies?

he wants to see his listing and his mates... ie he wants a site that shows the actual order.

Croker
24-05-2005, 22:54
it normally does not stop a crooked director for long. Within about three years they are normally up and running again. :(

scrotnig
24-05-2005, 22:56
Not all bankrupts are crooks. Some simply ran into hard times and couldn't pay their way out of it. As a former bankrupt myself, it really annoys me to see the word bankruptcy automatically associated with criminal or immoral behaviour.

tick
24-05-2005, 22:59
Not all bankrupts are crooks. Some simply ran into hard times and couldn't pay their way out of it. As a former bankrupt myself, it really annoys me to see the word bankruptcy automatically associated with criminal or immoral behaviour.

well said been there done that

Croker
24-05-2005, 23:07
The word comes from the latin term "Banco Rota"

whereby - if an Italian merchant/dealer could not pay his debts etc - his 'bench' (trading base/etc) would be physically smashed up :dozey:

Nidge
25-05-2005, 04:44
well said been there done that

I nearly was.