PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Earls Court

Halcyon
24-05-2005, 16:31
FAO people who live in London,

Can you tell me how easy it is to get from St Pancreas railway station to Earls Court exhibition centre.
I'm planning on going down for the "London Calling" music conference and wondered how easy it is to get to and if there are tube stations near by.

Thanks.

Chris
24-05-2005, 16:40
http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1321/695.php

Google is your friend ;)

PS LMAO @ St Pancreas :D

Mr_love_monkey
24-05-2005, 16:41
I assume that's actually at Earls Court - all you need to do is just jump on the picadilly line at kings cross - st Pancs, and ride it down to earls court. nice easy journey, as long as you're not doing it in rush hour

Nugget
24-05-2005, 16:41
You should be able to get on the Piccadilly line straight from St Pancras to Earls Court, and you might get away with only needing a Zone 1 ticket.

EDIT: Curses - beaten by Towny and Monkey!

Chris W
24-05-2005, 16:42
Picadilly line on the tube... takes about 15 mins on the tube and the station in earls court is just across the road from the exhibition centre

Mr_love_monkey
You should be able to get on the Piccadilly line straight from St Pancras to Earls Court, and you might get away with only needing a Zone 1 ticket.

Beat you! in your face! :)

Chris
Victoria Line southbound from Kings X / St Pancras to Victoria, then District Line (Wimbledon-bound trains only) to West Brompton.

Nugget
24-05-2005, 16:43
Beat you! in your face! :)

Well, I think I did quite well posting at the same time as you, you saaaaaaavener :)

Halcyon
24-05-2005, 16:48
Oh ok that sounds cool then.
Thanks everyone. It looks like it should be quite easy then.

Paul K
24-05-2005, 16:51
Oh ok that sounds cool then.
Thanks everyone. It looks like it should be quite easy then.

TFL Journey Planner (http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en)
Will even tell you roughly how long it takes, what changes to make and if you use trains etc what time the train leaves :)

bob_builder
24-05-2005, 16:59
Victoria Line southbound from Kings X / St Pancras to Victoria, then District Line (Wimbledon-bound trains only) to West Brompton.
Technically, you are right that West Brompton Underground station is closer to the Earl's Court exhibition halls than Earl's Court but the amount of extra time you will waste by waiting for a Wimbledon bound train (I know I used to do it every other weekend [1]) and the time taken changing makes the direct Piccadilly line plus a couple of minutes extra walk win every time.

[1] If anybody is ever waiting for a District line train to Wimbledon anywhere between Upminster and Gloucester Road it is worth getting the first District line train (whereever the terminus) and changing at Earl's Court as there are over twice as many Wimbledon bound trains going via there!

Halcyon
13-06-2005, 14:48
Well thanks for all your help.
I went on Saturday and it was really easy to get to.
The only annoying thing was arriving in London they are re-doing the station so its a bit mad down there.
I ended up buying a shed load of vinyl...lots of new music and met some cool industry contacts.
Had good weather too that it was a great day out.
Had so much fun I ended up missing my train back and had to get another one instead.
Thanks to everyone for the great directions.