PDA

View Full Version : Help with NTL and Mentor Router

surcha
24-05-2005, 11:41
Hi Guys

I am using a NTL CM connected to the router and all was working fine, until I called NTL and upgraded to 1Mb. Then I rebooted my CM and Router, but connection is not working. Bypassed the router and rebooted CM, all works fine, PC getting a public IP from CM.
Connect to the router and check WAN status, no public IP showing up though the router assigns private IPs to the machines. (got only 3 machines)

Reset router, reconfigured again, no joy, cloned MAC address no joy, tried resetting again and configured with the default MAC address, still no joy.

I have come to the conclusion that the router is faulty, But can you guys suggest anything else?

Thanks
Surcha

PS: Apologies if the post is on the wrong place, but not sure where to post it exactly.

Paul K
24-05-2005, 11:43
Have you tried a factory reset of the router?

surcha
24-05-2005, 11:45
Yes I have, number of times

Paul K
24-05-2005, 11:48
Which MAC address did you clone into the router by the way? I would have thought that if a PC can connect to the BB properly that you could clone the MAC address of the NIC in that PC onto the router and all would be well :erm:

Yes I have, number of times
Are you sure you are doing a complete factory reset on the router and not just a normal reset? Sometimes there is a big difference in the two. Also are you powering the cable modem down for a couple of minutes in between tries? Always power the CM down when attempting to change the device connected to it.

Flubflow
24-05-2005, 11:50
Is there an IP release/renew in the router setup page? If so, release the IP and renew it (although I would have thought the reset you already did would have sorted that aspect out).

surcha
24-05-2005, 11:52
I am pretty sure I have cloned the MAC address of the PC in to the router. Does NTL needs the MAC address to be registered with them, if it changes. Because Telewest doesnt needs it anymore.
I have done a factory reset, by pushing a pin in the reset hole, hold dit for 10 secs and then release it.
Havent had any joy.

Is there an IP release/renew in the router setup page? If so, release the IP and renew it (although I would have thought the reset you already did would have sorted that aspect out).

Yes, there is the option and I have tried it. No joy.

Paul K
24-05-2005, 11:56
You could try contacting CS and ask for the MAC to be regitered against the account but you shouldn't need to have to do that :erm:
Did you try pointing a browser to the provisioning page after connecting the router up to the SACM?

surcha
24-05-2005, 12:42
You could try contacting CS and ask for the MAC to be regitered against the account but you shouldn't need to have to do that :erm:
Did you try pointing a browser to the provisioning page after connecting the router up to the SACM?

Sorry, What is the provisioning page?

Paul K
24-05-2005, 12:46
Try pointing the browser to
https://autoreg.autoregister.net/

surcha
24-05-2005, 12:48
Try pointing the browser to
https://autoreg.autoregister.net/

Can i know what does this page does? Am in work, so I should be able to do it, when I get home.

Paul K
24-05-2005, 12:49
It provisions your equipment against your BB acount details

surcha
24-05-2005, 12:55
Nice one, Thanks for all ya helps, would try tiday evening.