PDA

View Full Version : Bop's bi adventure

bopdude
24-05-2005, 00:10
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Bop's big adventure

I thought that typo would drag you in, sorry :p:
Well, I'm sat here thinking that I need a bit of sun on me back, sooooooooo in the next couple of days I'm gonna take a drive to Barcelona, sod everything else, I'm going, with the gf, of course.
I haven't a clue how far we're gonna go, but the plan is,

Teesside - Calais
Calais - Barcelona ................ with whatever stops are needed :beer:

Beach for a couple of days

Barcelona - Belgium .......... buy fags and baccy ( pays for the trip )

Belgium - Teesside ........... No timetable, just gonna go, I'll keep you all posted from the XDA :tu:

And I'll post again when we're leaving, comments on postcards only please :dozey:

Maggy
24-05-2005, 00:21
And there was I thinking that you were about to come out to the forum :rofl: ...Better change the subject heading I think.. ;)

Halcyon
24-05-2005, 00:37
If I was you I'd plan a stop mid way down.
Calais - Barcelona is a big drive.
I hope you have a good time. I'm off to Wales next week. Try and send some hot weather my way please.

Raistlin
24-05-2005, 00:47
If I was you I'd plan a stop mid way down.

That's a rather unfortunate statement, given the (ahem!) typo in the thread title ;)

Halcyon
24-05-2005, 01:16
LOL
Family forum and all that..... Better get back on top (topic)..... :erm::D

nffc
24-05-2005, 01:22
omg. :LOL:

homealone
24-05-2005, 01:30
That's a rather unfortunate statement, given the (ahem!) typo in the thread title ;)

look - he is a very nice bloke, but, what are you trying to say - it should be a big adventure, maybe :D :erm:

Shaun
24-05-2005, 01:40
I knew what I'd heard was true!!!!!! All true I say Mwahhahahahhahahahaha :p: :D

Hope you have a great time boppy, send us some pix's. Be great to see you and your other half having a bi adventure!!!!! ;)

*goes off to see if Marina's got her paint shop warmed up! :D

kronas
24-05-2005, 01:41
go ahead you lucky sod! and yes i always knew you were BI in someway bop :D

bopdude
07-06-2005, 15:20
Ok, been put back for long enough so that's it, we're gonna set off tonight at around 9 pm, a couple of stops to make on the way to Dover, hopefully catch the first ferry, will let you all know how its going via the xda.

punky
07-06-2005, 15:35
Ok, been put back for long enough so that's it, we're gonna set off tonight at around 9 pm, a couple of stops to make on the way to Dover, hopefully catch the first ferry, will let you all know how its going via the xda.

Good luck matey. Have a great & safe trip.

homealone
07-06-2005, 15:46
Good luck matey. Have a great & safe trip.

I second that - have a good one & watch the suspension on the way back ;)

allieyoung666
07-06-2005, 16:00
Have a good trip bop, no room in the boot 4 a ickle un I suppose??? go to RAC .com they do routes for abroad, and dont forget to big me back a huge toblerone off the ferry please, will pay when you get home!!!

Kliro
07-06-2005, 16:21
Just imagine, while your having fun tomorrow, I will be sat in a chemistry exam, for which I have done no preparation :disturbd::disturbd::disturbd:

Chimaera
07-06-2005, 16:22
Hey - if you are passing our bit of the M25, call in for a cuppa!

Halcyon
07-06-2005, 16:38
Have fun !!!

Roy MM
07-06-2005, 16:41
Safe and pleasant journey Bop.

Jules
07-06-2005, 17:24
Have a good time Bop and drive safely :)

MovedGoalPosts
07-06-2005, 18:45
Make sure you've got current E111 medical insurance, and for a trip that far, European car recovery insurance too. I've heard tales of nasty serious costs to deal with breakdowns abroad.

Have a great time :tu:

allieyoung666
07-06-2005, 19:05
no mate have a good trip and get a good tan while your away!

Graham
07-06-2005, 19:29

Whatever you do, make sure you do it safely!! :D

Gareth
07-06-2005, 19:42
If you're looking for the most scenic route, then I can recommend you go roughly in the direction of Le Mans, down through the Loire Valley, towards Auvergne and not forgetting the Dordogne. Very nice journey it is too - much better than boring motorways and no tolls to pay either. :)

By the way, if you get lost, then check out www.mappy.com ;) It's pretty good for French and Spanish roads

Theodoric
07-06-2005, 20:13

Well, I'm sat here thinking that I need a bit of sun on me back, sooooooooo in the next couple of days I'm gonna take a drive to Barcelona, sod everything else, I'm going, with the gf, of course.
I haven't a clue how far we're gonna go, but the plan is,

Teesside - Calais
Calais - Barcelona ................ with whatever stops are needed :beer:

Beach for a couple of days

Barcelona - Belgium .......... buy fags and baccy ( pays for the trip )

Belgium - Teesside ........... No timetable, just gonna go, I'll keep you all posted from the XDA :tu:

And I'll post again when we're leaving, comments on postcards only please :dozey:
Calais to Belgium via Barcelona seems quite a detour. :)

Appararently the Sagrada Familia may be completed before the next millennium now that Japanese tourists are coughing up the readies.

bopdude
08-06-2005, 06:42
Thanks for all the support / tips etc etc.
Chim, would have called in but it was about 3 in the morning, Allie, 1 Big bar of toblerrone on its way.
Update time. Well, we've just boarded the hoverspeed and should be under way in about 5 mins, timescale has been reduced due to a certain young lady, long story, we'll see where we end up ?
Well, gonna go for now, keep ya'll updated as and when. :tu:

bopdude
08-06-2005, 07:48
touched down 2 mins ago, now begins the fun

Chimaera
08-06-2005, 07:54
Well have a really good time - and if you are passing here at a reasonable hour on the way home....... :D

bopdude
08-06-2005, 09:39
Hey, guess what ? We're in Belgium now, truly International CF ... lol, will take some piccies on the tour, wherever it takes us ;)

laterzzzz

zing_deleted
08-06-2005, 09:53
Enjoy mate,dunno if you remember the Not the Nine Oclock news clip about what you have to do when eating in belgium?? :D :D :D

Ramrod
08-06-2005, 10:13
...............Go to foreign countries, meet new people, steal their bandwidth................ :D

skyblueheroes
08-06-2005, 10:28
Have fun Bop.

andyl
08-06-2005, 10:29
Bop,

Must tell you about a great Cava bar in Barca. El Xampanayet on Carrer de Montcada. Wonderful place. Lovely tiled bar serving tapas and fantastically cheap cava with a wonderful atmosphere. Got to climb Sagrada Familia too - amazing.

Have plenty of fun.

bopdude
08-06-2005, 17:37
...............Go to foreign countries, meet new people, steal their bandwidth................

Hey you, I'll be paying for this at a premium rate knowing O2 .. lol.
Well, got off the ferry, drove to Andikerke, then drove to Brugge, back to Andikerke, then back to Calais, back to Andikerke and back to Calais ( don't ask ) suffice to say, I've clocked another 300+ miles today, guess what ? Liz has decided she's not traveling anymore in Europe, so Barca's off and now we're waiting for a ferry back to blighty, plans scuppered :(
At least it didn't rain, */ in best sarcastic voice, see you all soon, be nice to have a sleep soon, been on the go since 9 yesterday ... knackered ...lol

Maggy
08-06-2005, 20:39
Sorry to hear of your aborted trip,I await with bated breath the history of your errr,hop across to the continent. :(

Roy MM
08-06-2005, 20:43
Hope you got your supply of duty free m8 or it would be a complete waste of a trip:D :D.

bopdude
14-06-2005, 10:10
Sorry to hear of your aborted trip,I await with bated breath the history of your errr,hop across to the continent. :(

I will give get to Spain yet .. lol

Hope you got your supply of duty free m8 or it would be a complete waste of a trip:D :D.

OH yeah, that was 1 of the reasons ( or 500 reasons ) to go ;)

I took a couple of pics whilst we were in Ostend, I forgot to mention that we had been there as well, I'll post them a bit later, some truely beautiful buildings there, shame the rest of the place is a s**thole IMO :dozey: