PDA

View Full Version : The Main Aim Of This Site

cjmillsnun
22-09-2003, 22:32
I am sick to death of people with common aims in life (improving NTL) at each others throats.

You only have to look at a few threads (eg the rights issue thread) to see what I mean.

First of all for the "Anti-NTL" Brigade.

When I started being a customer of NTLs I received P1$$ poor service.

I got my analogue cable fine, however I was without a landline for 3 weeks.

Then there was the fun with digital, when the whole digital system suffererd an outage on the night of my install.

And then the various cable modem outages, caused by NTL not upgrading and maintaining their network,

Not to mention, waiting 1.5 hours listening to that bloody awful Dire Straits guitar solo whilst on hold, then getting some muppet who didn't know their ar$e from their elbow.

But times are slowly changing.

Phone response times are down to less than 10 mins most of the time,

that fecking awful Dire Straits music has gone (although the current hold music is nearly as bad)

My digi tv rarely crashes (even when I press the "Interactive" button), however no CR3 for Langley customers yet, or even CR2 and BB to London Ex Videotron customers (but maybe good things will come to those who wait)

The phone line has never let me down, and for my needs is reasonable value for money.

Unfortunately there are still too many muppets working as CSRs.

So whilst we have not achieved ALL of what we want yet in terms of service, lets (yes) give NTL some praise where it is due.

To the ones the antis call the other side.

Whilst things are improving, the antis have as much right to give their opinions (without getting flamed) as you do. The customer service is still pi$$ poor and needs a lot of work.

That is the main aim of this site. To encourage NTL through our (good and bad) experiences of them. To try and educate them into the ways of professional customer service.

So everyone lets not get involved in our differences, but work to our common strength (the number of us) so that we can make NTL better.

I am just a customer here, who has had both sides of the coin. I work in a customer service role, not for NTL, but for a motoring service company, and believe you me, some companies are worse run than NTL.

Now I'm off to get another beer :beer:

Frank
22-09-2003, 22:38
You have some good points there :)

A main aim of this site is also to help each other, as well as encourage ntl to improve. And through customer empowerment (erolz is right) by working together, we can hopefully achive that aim.

And make a lot of friends in our community at the same time :D

cjmillsnun
22-09-2003, 22:40
Originally posted by Keyser
You have some good points there :)

A main aim of this site is also to help each other, as well as encourage ntl to improve. And through customer empowerment (erolz is right) by working together, we can hopefully achive that aim.

And make a lot of friends in our community at the same time :D

I forgot to mention making friends, and helping people

People seem to be making too many enemies atm :rolleyes:

Defiant
22-09-2003, 22:42
having an argument doesn't mean their your enemie. I don't go that way anyway. It just bugs me sometimes when you see employee's abusing customers

cjmillsnun
22-09-2003, 22:50
Originally posted by Defiant
having an argument doesn't mean their your enemie. I don't go that way anyway. It just bugs me sometimes when you see employee's abusing customers

True, it doesn't. But there are 2 sides to every story. The employees are going to defend NTL, however defence of NTL is not always abusing customers, and where it is it should be dealt with by using the 'report this post' link. This is more productive than participating in a flame war. All that does is drive people who may well have valid future contriutions in everyones campaign to improve NTL. Also remember there are other people who have had good experiences of NTL (the vast majority of their customer base) and have not had to put up with all the $hite that you or I have had.

Russ
23-09-2003, 08:25
Originally posted by Shabba
I'm a little out of touch as to who's who over here but seeing as i've made no attempt to disguise myself from my days at hell, I can't say i've recieved any abuse. If the day comes when i know an employee of NTL has abused me then i'll leave. Simple as!

Well there is someone from .com who works for NTL who has made himself almost ledgendary for being abusive and abrasive to customers (hello Kev!!) and has yet to show his face on here - why? He's been reported to his supervisor and has now been forced to eat humble pie.

I can't really see him turn up on here because he can't hide behind his supposed anonymity and I think that goes for anyone else who abuses customers - they will be dealt with.

Undisputedtruth
23-09-2003, 08:49
Originally posted by cjmillsnun
I am sick to death of people with common aims in life (improving NTL) at each others throats.

You only have to look at a few threads (eg the rights issue thread) to see what I mean.

First of all for the "Anti-NTL" Brigade.

When I started being a customer of NTLs I received P1$$ poor service.

I got my analogue cable fine, however I was without a landline for 3 weeks.

Then there was the fun with digital, when the whole digital system suffererd an outage on the night of my install.

And then the various cable modem outages, caused by NTL not upgrading and maintaining their network,

Not to mention, waiting 1.5 hours listening to that bloody awful Dire Straits guitar solo whilst on hold, then getting some muppet who didn't know their ar$e from their elbow.

But times are slowly changing.

Phone response times are down to less than 10 mins most of the time,

that fecking awful Dire Straits music has gone (although the current hold music is nearly as bad)

My digi tv rarely crashes (even when I press the "Interactive" button), however no CR3 for Langley customers yet, or even CR2 and BB to London Ex Videotron customers (but maybe good things will come to those who wait)

The phone line has never let me down, and for my needs is reasonable value for money.

Unfortunately there are still too many muppets working as CSRs.

So whilst we have not achieved ALL of what we want yet in terms of service, lets (yes) give NTL some praise where it is due.

To the ones the antis call the other side.

Whilst things are improving, the antis have as much right to give their opinions (without getting flamed) as you do. The customer service is still pi$$ poor and needs a lot of work.

That is the main aim of this site. To encourage NTL through our (good and bad) experiences of them. To try and educate them into the ways of professional customer service.

So everyone lets not get involved in our differences, but work to our common strength (the number of us) so that we can make NTL better.

I am just a customer here, who has had both sides of the coin. I work in a customer service role, not for NTL, but for a motoring service company, and believe you me, some companies are worse run than NTL.

Now I'm off to get another beer :beer:

As Andy pointed in another thread, the telephone response may have improved due to less NTL customers than last year and customers not willing to contact CS due to their poor customer handling skills. However, I can get through almost straightaway throught to BT customer services and I can get a professional service.

The Dire Straits guitar solo: I'm glad that has now been removed. Must of taken someone with genius to learn how to figure to switch it off.:rolleyes: Respect.

Goods things for those that wait: Many exVideotron customer are now in the fourth year of waiting for broadband and they are even suggesting it could take at least another two years before it becomes available. This is unacceptable and I'm sure you would agree.

I too, worked in customer facing role, and I have seen both sides. It is for this reason why I can judge how poor NTL really are. They are p!ss poor, I'm afraid.

homealone
23-09-2003, 09:22
Originally posted by Russ D
Well there is someone from .com who works for NTL who has made himself almost ledgendary for being abusive and abrasive to customers (hello Kev!!) and has yet to show his face on here - why? He's been reported to his supervisor and has now been forced to eat humble pie.

I can't really see him turn up on here because he can't hide behind his supposed anonymity and I think that goes for anyone else who abuses customers - they will be dealt with.

I don't agree with that, the implication is that NTL employees don't have a right to free speech, within the AUP, on this forum.

people like Peter (ptarmigan) ceased to post on here because they felt the theme was overtly "anti NTL".

recent threads have used the concept of being "pro NTL" as an implied insult.

I don't care if a person is an NTL employee, a pro customer, or an anti customer, abuse is not acceptable whomever it comes from.

In fact the whole idea that one's opinion carries more or less weight, in here, depending on whether or not they align with a particular "side" is abhorrent to me - I prefer to think that one should be allowed an opinion on the issue at hand, without it being judged on the basis of any supposed prejudice.

To take the analogy of a football match, there are two sets of fans, each support their side, however it would be a poor fan of football as a whole, that would not applaud a skillful move by the opposition - or boo an unsporting act by "their" side.

Defiant
23-09-2003, 10:00
Originally posted by homealone

recent threads have used the concept of being "pro NTL" as an implied insult.

I don't think its a case of that. Its more of a case of some NTL employee's going blue in the face trying to tell customers their wrong and everything is rosy dory at NTL when we know its NOT!

This just p's me off and no doubt others too

Russ
23-09-2003, 10:16
I don't agree with that, the implication is that NTL employees don't have a right to free speech, within the AUP, on this forum.

With the right to free speech comes the responsibility to use it wisely. If NTL employees want to rant, they can do so. However when it's at the expense of the people who keep them there, we then enter different territory. We (the admin team) are always grateful to the NTL people who come on here and offer help and these people are invaluable to such a site as this, but just because NTL do not have access to any information here does not mean they can take advantage of the 'cover' that provides, in order to be demeaning to customers.

people like Peter (ptarmigan) ceased to post on here because they felt the theme was overtly "anti NTL".

I've spoken to people at NTL about this very subject who have been forced to back down from believing this, once the real aim of the site has been pointed out.

Nemesis
23-09-2003, 10:24
For information

I'm NOT an NTL employee
I'm Male
I'm not Pro NTL
I'm not Anti NTL

I have NTL as is my choice. Yes they have problems, as do other ISP, Broadcasting companies etc etc. NTL are far from perfect, but they do have some very good employees (some bad too).

There are aspects of their business that really require attention. They bought out C&W and the Videotron Networks and must have been aware of the shortfalls before they bought. Regrettable though it is, the Langley and Videotron networks still require upgrades and possible restructure.

This I believe is a problem for NTL. We can discuss it, debate it, argue over it, but do we really have to abuse each other over it. The NTL employees that use this site, more than likely have no more bearing on the outcome of the planned, scheduled (and non scheduled) work than any of us do.

They are here out of choice, to help where they can in a discussion forum.

I've now had 2 threads hijacked and destroyed by this arguing and bitterness. People generally come here to make a point, no problem, but please post considerately, without the anger and snide comments. Text is an easy way to abuse, if you wouldn't say it in a letter or face to face then try not to say it here.

Here's to a more harmonious forum :beer:

I fear that if we don't get things calmed down more people will leave.:shrug:

homealone
23-09-2003, 10:38
I don't think its a case of that. Its more of a case of some NTL employee's going blue in the face trying to tell customers their wrong and everything is rosy dory at NTL when we know its NOT!

This just p's me off and no doubt others too

hmm, my impression is that the concept of loyalty to NTL is used to dismiss any argument put forward in their favour, whether by customers, or employees. I agree that an entrenched attitude is wrong, I agree that NTL have considerable room for improvement, but to have any positive comment rejected just on the basis of an assumed bias is wrong - imo.

homealone
23-09-2003, 10:57
With the right to free speech comes the responsibility to use it wisely. If NTL employees want to rant, they can do so. However when it's at the expense of the people who keep them there, we then enter different territory. We (the admin team) are always grateful to the NTL people who come on here and offer help and these people are invaluable to such a site as this, but just because NTL do not have access to any information here does not mean they can take advantage of the 'cover' that provides, in order to be demeaning to customers.

I've spoken to people at NTL about this very subject who have been forced to back down from believing this, once the real aim of the site has been pointed out.

Don't get me wrong, Russ, I'm not accusing the site, or the admin team, of bias, it's just I feel that any post should be taken at face value, not interpreted according to whether the contributor is an NTL employee, or not.

My impression of the site is a forum where we can collectively help and inform each other - and I feel it achieves that.:)

Russ
23-09-2003, 12:13
My impression of the site is a forum where we can collectively help and inform each other - and I feel it achieves that.:)

I'm glad you feel that way.

It cannot really be argued with that .com is the site to go to when you need help from NTL employees - but remember praise for them can also be found here. When I get good service from an employee I'll post their name on .com in the hope they get recognition for what they've done - user "Imhere" has helped me out on quite a few occasions. The only reason I don't praise them *as much* on here is that I'm not sure it will be seen by enough of the right people, such as TLs and above etc.

It is generally believed that whenever NTL announce something new (such as Community etc) it is viewed with some scepticism - NTL has a shining record in making a right pig's ear of new ideas. Perhaps this is being harsh (personally I don't think so, as I said, NTL's record speaks for itself) but people almost expect things to fail when NTL are involved. I've spoken to the people behing Community on numerous occasions and they should not take this personally as they are good people but bound by NTL's beaurocracy and red-tape. They may feel aggreived that we are judging Community even before it starts - but again, we can only go on experience. I certainly hope it does succeed and if it works in the way it's planned, it will overtake .com as the place to go for us customers when things go wrong.

Saying that, we will need somewhere to go if Community fails. If this happens (many people consider this to be 'when' and not 'if') it would be unlikely .com will be used as we all know the NTL areas will be closed off. This is where I hope .co.uk will come in.

Frank
23-09-2003, 18:21
Community has failed hasn't it? It's obvious that no work is being done on the forum or any part of the site for that matter, as it hasn't changed in a couple of months now since launch. The link to the forum on community shows that they have a copy of vBulletin installed on the server, and Frank posted some screenshots of this forum on .com a long time ago.

Yet nothing has changed on the community site since launch. Now why is that then? Why haven't they launched the forum in the three or so months which have passed since the site launch?! The usual B$ excuses from ashg.

We all know .com is not the site it used to be as it has been strangled too much by ntl Public Relations. Nor have ntl embraced it properly as they should have, a half-hearted attempt with volunteers, which I find a pathetic effort having spent the money on it. Then we're told that ntl are closing .com and launching community (which will replace and surpass .com), which is ******** because community is not a community at all, but some more up to date help faqs than the **** they have on ntlworld.com/help

cjmillsnun
23-09-2003, 18:37
I see some constructive comments coming from this, instead of rants.

UDT, I don't disagree with you NTL is still P!ss poor. and yes, you have been waiting for BB for 4 years. Unfortunately this is entirely NTL and CWCs fault - I think everyone knows that.

But, what we hear from some people whenever there is a positive comment about NTL on the boards is EMPLOYEE ALERT.

Whilst I agree that some employees are extremely loyal to their company (a rare quality these days), this is not fair to genuine customers who are not employees, have had good experiences and are generally happy with the service they receive.

I have had both sides of the coin ie, good and bad service from them, and have to say that I am getting more good than bad ATM.

If you want to talk about a really shoddy company, try 3. I could go on about that but it is :notopic:

Anyway, lets continue this, this is getting interesting and informative.

Richard M
23-09-2003, 18:38

If you want to talk about a really shoddy company, try 3. I could go on about that but it is :notopic:

Feel free to start a thread about them anytime you want. :D

I agree with your post 100%, we all need to work together to highlight the good and bad of NTL...

Chris
23-09-2003, 18:47
I have had both sides of the coin ie, good and bad service from them, and have to say that I am getting more good than bad ATM.

I am in this category - and most definitely not a member of staff.

If you want to talk about 3, try to get Russ' phone number, I think he's got one. You could have a video-rant about them.

Undisputedtruth
23-09-2003, 19:04
I see some constructive comments coming from this, instead of rants.

UDT, I don't disagree with you NTL is still P!ss poor. and yes, you have been waiting for BB for 4 years. Unfortunately this is entirely NTL and CWCs fault - I think everyone knows that.

But, what we hear from some people whenever there is a positive comment about NTL on the boards is EMPLOYEE ALERT.

Whilst I agree that some employees are extremely loyal to their company (a rare quality these days), this is not fair to genuine customers who are not employees, have had good experiences and are generally happy with the service they receive.

Let me make this clear, I think NTL employees should be welcome to give their contributions whenever possible.

Where I draw the line is where NTL employees starts spamming or bait other customers into an argument. It is only right and proper, that all employees of NTL should make themselves known as employees of NTL to the rest of us. Then we will know on what side of the coin they are on. It would not surprise me the least about a number of customers ,giving positive spams about NTL, are actually employees of NTL. Only full disclosure of these people can result in debates conducted in a dignified basis.

I can understand your frustration in hearing limited information about NTL services actually improving. However, is it right for NTL to 'celebrate success" as an accidental outcome through poor customer services which I clearly explained in post #8. I think it would be sensible if we all wait and see substantial evidence of NTL actually improving. The gulf between BT and NTL is far too large in the customer services department.

Defiant
23-09-2003, 19:17
Only full disclosure of these people can result in debates conducted in a dignified basis.

I remember bringing this up on the .com site phew their's allot of employee's on their. Do you remember the response it got lol

Russ
23-09-2003, 19:38
If you want to talk about a really shoddy company, try 3.

I'll be glad to talk about them :D

If you want to talk about 3, try to get Russ' phone number, I think he's got one. You could have a video-rant about them.

Excellent idea!! PM me your number and we'll chat :D

BBKing
23-09-2003, 20:42
Only full disclosure of these people can result in debates conducted in a dignified basis

Meaning? Who should do the disclosure, and of whom?

*goes off to count former Videotron area broadband customers*

Undisputedtruth
23-09-2003, 21:32
Originally posted by BBKing
Meaning? Who should do the disclosure, and of whom?

It would mean we would have to rely on employees' honesty.:rolleyes:

Richard M
23-09-2003, 21:40
It is their choice if NTL employees post here, they don't have to answer to any of us.
Be grateful that some are here to offer advice.

Undisputedtruth
23-09-2003, 22:36
Originally posted by Roger K
It is their choice if NTL employees post here, they don't have to answer to any of us.
Be grateful that some are here to offer advice.

Like I said before, I welcome their comments. However, it should not be their opportunity to spam the company's products or flame their customers.

Chris
23-09-2003, 22:46
Originally posted by Undisputedtruth
Like I said before, I welcome their comments. However, it should not be their opportunity to spam the company's products or flame their customers.

Completely agree. However this site is not here for anyone to spam any product or flame any member. If we try to be nice and follow the rules we'll all get on famously...:)

imback
23-09-2003, 23:36
Originally posted by Keyser
And through customer empowerment

No please not those buzz words agin, I'll break down, I still have nightmares about that guy you know:spin:

Russ
24-09-2003, 08:54
No no, that was user empowerment :D

Nemesis
24-09-2003, 09:10
The main aim of this site was posted on the first news item here
http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/index.php?action=show&type=news&id=1
In anticipation of this move by ntl, www.nthellworld.co.uk has been created in order to fully continue the nthellworld name as a place for customers to air their views concerning the cable company, as well as a place to seek information, help and advice, and support from other ntl customers. Basically, very little will change and to use a favourite ntl corporate phrase, it's "business as usual" where nthellworld is concerned.

We would like to welcome all existing members of the nthellworld.com website, whether they be customers of the cable company or employees. Here on www.nthellworld.co.uk, freedom of speech will be more relaxed than on the ntl owned site. If you need help, then just ask and someone will assist you. If you can offer help, then please do. If you would like to get something off your chest, then you've come to the right place. We will not be censoring criticism of ntl unless it is blatantly abusive and offensive to others. We've provided a place for you to air your views and vent your anger. We've provided a place where you can ask for help and get it. We've provided a place for you, so please do sign up to our discussion forums and enjoy the site.

Finally, this site has no connections with ntl and is privately owned. We can and will assure you that your details will remain absolutely private and confidential during all times.

I don't necessarily agree with UDT about outing NTL employees, only because they are here of their own free will. They may be employees of the company, but that doesn't mean that they will always toe the party line. The anonimity(sp?) that the forum gives them may let them say things that they feel they couldn't if they were known as an employee ...

homealone
24-09-2003, 09:20

Why not - you "spam" BT's products & flame those whom you call the "pro NTL mob" - this is not your site UDT, you are a member with a status no more, no less, than the rest of us. It is not for you to say what any member can post - you can disagree with it - and come up with a constructive point in rebuttal, if you like, but you can't deny anyone the right to post an opinion. You have illustrated exactly why someone would be inclined to keep NTL employee status under their hat - are you employed by BT?:rolleyes:

andygrif
24-09-2003, 09:48
Originally posted by Nemesis
The main aim of this site was posted on the first news item here
http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/index.php?action=show&type=news&id=1

I don't necessarily agree with UDT about outing NTL employees, only because they are here of their own free will. They may be employees of the company, but that doesn't mean that they will always toe the party line. The anonimity(sp?) that the forum gives them may let them say things that they feel they couldn't if they were known as an employee ...

It's an interesting questions for sure. Undoubtedly there will be ntl employees that can bring someting constructive to a debate, but likewise we have seen some that feel it their duty (and who knows, maybe it IS their duty) to counter what seems like every single comment that is critical of ntl.

In my opinion these type of contributors are as counter-productive as those who cannot praise ntl when they do something right.

Nemesis
24-09-2003, 09:50
Originally posted by andygrif
It's an interesting questions for sure. Undoubtedly there will be ntl employees that can bring someting constructive to a debate, but likewise we have seen some that feel it their duty (and who knows, maybe it IS their duty) to counter what seems like every single comment that is critical of ntl.

In my opinion these type of contributors are as counter-productive as those who cannot praise ntl when they do something right.

Agreed, it can be disruptive, but they can be ignored if they are not contibuting to the discussion. Some self control maybe involved.:D

Russ
24-09-2003, 09:54
Originally posted by Nemesis
Some self control maybe involved.:D

On the part of everyone perhaps?

Nemesis
24-09-2003, 09:55
On the part of everyone perhaps?

Agreed :blush:

I know I'm not whiter than white, and apologise to those that I have offended.

imback
24-09-2003, 10:07
- user "Imhere" has helped me out on quite a few occasions.

I have heard good things of him too;) :D

No no, that was user empowerment

:D

Frank
24-09-2003, 11:47
No no, that was user empowerment :D
Sorry, that's what I meant :p Customers from ntl's point of view, fellow customers and users from our point of view.

Ignition
24-09-2003, 12:27
Employee or not I'm neither pro nor anti ntl, I am however pro customer while the complaints are reasonable.
Ranting certainly does have its' place but repetitive complaining about the same issues abusively, and abuse towards associates for no reason has no place in this or any other forum.
Speaking for myself and I would hope other staff on here I'm here to try and help where I can, and maybe where there are issues explain that it's not necessary ntl's fault.
I'm not painting ntl as being a rosey and lovely place to work, nor am I going to paint it the other way - that stuff has no place in a customer forum IMHO, we have our intranet for that, and you shouldn't care about what it's like to work here, just about the service and services you receive.

Right enough of that employee - customer stuff. We can get along in the end, can't we?

Right off for a quick :devsmoke: ;)

Defiant
24-09-2003, 12:34
I dont work for NTL but I'm a customer. Their I said it so an any NTL employees do the same. Their doesn't seem to be any takers for some strange reason.

Well I know the reason. Thats what's caused this thread

orangebird
24-09-2003, 12:36
I dont work for NTL but I'm a customer. Their I said it so an any NTL employees do the same. Their doesn't seem to be any takers for some strange reason.

What reason would that be?

I'm an employee - I'm also a customer. How do you deal with that?

Chris
24-09-2003, 12:46

This continuing attempt to 'out' ntl staff on this forum is victimisation and it's completely unacceptable. I have never told anyone on here which company I work for, although I have said when relevant what business sector I work in and what type of job I do.

I hear the aregument that some ntl staff come on here and 'spam' the forum with pro-ntl comments but even if it's true, it is no good reason to try to bully people into admitting they are or ever have been employed by ntl as if we were engaged in some kind of McCarthyite Communist witch hunt.

I do not accept that someone's point of view is necessarily somehow 'tainted' by their association with the company. It might be; equally it might just be better informed as a result.

The only inevitable outcome of anyone being pressured into 'confessing' they are/were ntl staff, is that certain members of this forum will forever pigeon-hole anything they say as 'biased', 'pro-ntl' and to be ridiculed or ignored.

And that kind of behaviour, IMHO, is most certainly not the main aim of this site.

Defiant
24-09-2003, 12:55
My point was mearly that I have nothing to hide :rolleyes:

Chris
24-09-2003, 12:59
My point was mearly that I have nothing to hide :rolleyes:

Yet even with that post you insinuate that ntl staff who wish to remain anonymous do have something to hide.

Defiant
24-09-2003, 13:03
Originally posted by towny
Yet even with that post you insinuate that ntl staff who wish to remain anonymous do have something to hide.

Now you said that not me!

Chris
24-09-2003, 13:09
Now you said that not me!

If you are saying that you believe it is perfectly legitimate for ntl staff to remain anonymous as they have no ulterior motive for doing so, then I will cheerfuly retract my suggestion of your insinuation :spin:

Defiant
24-09-2003, 13:12
If you are saying that you believe it is perfectly legitimate for ntl staff to remain anonymous as they have no ulterior motive for doing so, then I will cheerfuly retract my suggestion of your insinuation :spin:

If you mean I'm saying "Their ranting Pro NTL ****e all the time yet hiding the fact they work for NTL." no of course not I wouldn't insinuate that. Its untrue after all. They have nothing to hide so why would they do such a thing

Chris
24-09-2003, 13:28
If you mean I'm saying "Their ranting Pro NTL ****e all the time yet hiding the fact they work for NTL." no of course not I wouldn't insinuate that. Its untrue after all. They have nothing to hide so why would they do such a thing

Then I hereby retract my suggestion that you were insinuating that all anonymous ntl employees on this forum have something to hide :)

Ignition
24-09-2003, 13:28
Clearly we can't all get along, I really hope this site doesn't become a haven for those banned from .com for abusing staff + being general argumentative.
No point me posting further, as I'm a member of staff who rants pro ntl ****e all the time and can't say anything true due to who I work for. :wavey:

Defiant
24-09-2003, 13:31
Hey I know their are employee's out their that will say it as it is. They class their job as a wage and nothing else. The place I worked at had its good bits and bad bits. One of its good bits was their callcentres would put NTL to shame. Answered within 3 minutes or divert to another callcentre ( 7 of )

imback
24-09-2003, 13:45
This is why I stay out of all NTL related discusisons on this board.

There are employees that would never say a bad word against NTL, you have customers that hat NTL and anything to do with them, and in between you have reasonable fporum users, some employees, some re customers, and a lot are both.

But some people make it imposible for people that could be offering help on here, post here in a friendly enviroment.

And there was me thinking we were all adults.

Chris
24-09-2003, 14:05
Originally posted by imback

And there was me thinking we were all adults.

whatever gave you that idea ... ;)

Russ
24-09-2003, 14:49
whatever gave you that idea ... ;)

Exactly, there's Kronas for a start.... :D ;)

There will be no abuse on here, either from or to NTL employees.

orangebird
24-09-2003, 14:50
Exactly, there's Kronas for a start.... :D ;)

lol :rofl: :D

handyman
24-09-2003, 14:53
I have tried my hardest to not get into arguments with fellow forum members, but from time to time I can't help taking the bait and responding to some of the comments they put..

[off-topic] are you coming along to manchester o/bird we need a few more women for the mix else there be too much testosterone[/off-topic]

orangebird
24-09-2003, 14:57
Originally posted by handyman
I have tried my hardest to not get into arguments with fellow forum members, but from time to time I can't help taking the bait and responding to some of the comments they put..

[off-topic] are you coming along to manchester o/bird we need a few more women for the mix else there be too much testosterone[/off-topic]

I would have done, but I'm going to be on holiday.... :cry:

Have one for me :naughty:

Mark W
24-09-2003, 17:03
Hey I know their are employee's out their that will say it as it is. They class their job as a wage and nothing else. The place I worked at had its good bits and bad bits. One of its good bits was their callcentres would put NTL to shame. Answered within 3 minutes or divert to another callcentre ( 7 of )

By your post, im not sure if you would rather ntl staff to think of their job 'as a wage and nothing else' or to actually care about what they do, and make that extra effort?

I am an ntl employee, and a customer - big deal? and i really dont mind being called 'pro-ntl'. that shows that i care for what i do, and ive yet to hear a reason thats bad.... having said that tho, im not brainwashed, and if ntl are in the wrong, id be more than happy to admit it :)

as for the whole callcentre call times thing - a few figures for you....

before the virus, we were taking around 30/35,000 calls a week (this is tech support only mind..) - with >2% abandonment - folk getting bored waiting and hanging up - after the virus, that has shot up to 70,000 a week, with around 19% abandonment.
tho to be fair, ive been away a while, so those figures are not the most recent.
So, considering we are taking over 2x as many calls - with the same amount fo staff - is it that surprising call times are longer?

Undisputedtruth
24-09-2003, 21:51
Why not - you "spam" BT's products & flame those whom you call the "pro NTL mob" - this is not your site UDT, you are a member with a status no more, no less, than the rest of us. It is not for you to say what any member can post - you can disagree with it - and come up with a constructive point in rebuttal, if you like, but you can't deny anyone the right to post an opinion. You have illustrated exactly why someone would be inclined to keep NTL employee status under their hat - are you employed by BT?:rolleyes:

I see you are still up to your old tricks homealone. You are not in a position to tell me this is not my site. Who do you think you are? I am entitled to my opinions just like everyone else. If I observe spam by NTL employees or employees attacking their customers, I am within my rights to voice my concerns. "homealone" your constant whining about my opinions is well known. If you are not an employee of NTL then you need not concern myself in what I say or do.

Your constant whining at those who view NTL for what they really are, has been noted. I must also point out that NTL are the second worst telecoms provider according to stats by Oftel. Last year, they were the worst. Did NTL improved their record? No, another small fry telecoms provider actually overtook them. NTL did not improved at all, despite the spams from NTL employees, of course not, they still received the same number of complaints as last time.

I can understand why many people would think you were employed by NTL. You are constantly defending NTL employees, demanding for threads to be closed if proNTL mobs has lost control and trying to censor those that speak out against NTL. Your actions has been noted. Are these the behaviour of a true NTL customer? I mean, what normal customer will take these issues about NTL personally? :rolleyes:

Also please do not use the 'play act of hurt feelings' by being over sensitive to people who don't agree with you. After all, it is a discussion, something you only agree upon when stressing your points and conveniently missing it out when there are comments you do not agree with. :rolleyes:

I only mention BT's service because they offer a better customer services. It is well known that I took up BT's service because NTL were so rubbish. I am a customer of cable for thirteen years now. As a true customer, I can compare both products fairly. Your suggestion of me working for BT or constantly spamming is pure fabrication. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: If I were an employer of BT, why would I demand BB in the Videotron area? 'homealone' you can take your dishonest ways out with you on your way out.

PS I hope the mods can see this Guy for what he is and stop acting on his complaints about me. Thank you.

Shaun
24-09-2003, 22:04
I see you are still up to your old tricks homealone. You are not in a position to tell me this is not my site. Who do you think you are? I am entitled to my opinions just like everyone else. If I observe spam by NTL employees or employees attacking their customers, I am within my rights to voice my concerns. "homealone" your constant whining about my opinions is well known. If you are not an employee of NTL then you need not concern myself in what I say or do.

Your constant whining at those who view NTL for what they really are, has been noted. I must also point out that NTL are the second worst telecoms provider according to stats by Oftel. Last year, they were the worst. Did NTL improved their record? No, another small fry telecoms provider actually overtook them. NTL did not improved at all, despite the spams from NTL employees, of course not, they still received the same number of complaints as last time.

I can understand why many people would think you were employed by NTL. You are constantly defending NTL employees, demanding for threads to be closed if proNTL mobs has lost control and trying to censor those that speak out against NTL. Your actions has been noted. Are these the behaviour of a true NTL customer? I mean, what normal customer will take these issues about NTL personally? :rolleyes:

Also please do not use the 'play act of hurt feelings' by being over sensitive to people who don't agree with you. After all, it is a discussion, something you only agree upon when stressing your points and conveniently missing it out when there are comments you do not agree with. :rolleyes:

I only mention BT's service only because they offer a better customer services. It is well known that I took up BT's service because NTL were so rubbish. I am a customer of cable for thirteen years now. As a true customer, I can compare both products fairly. Your suggestion of me working for BT or constantly spamming is pure fabrication. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: If I were an employer of BT, why would I demand BB in the Videotron area? 'homealone' you can take your dishonest ways out with you on your way out.

PS I hope the mods can see this Guy for what he is and stop acting on his complaints about me. Thank you.

UDT have you read any of the other posts on this thread, or are you ignoring them??

I'd recommend you go back and read what both I and others have said to you.

If you continue to persist with this attitude toward other forum members you will not only make yourself look incredibly stupid but get banned. Is that what you want?:rolleyes:

Defiant
24-09-2003, 22:06
Originally posted by dellwear
UDT have you read any of the other posts on this thread, or are you ignoring them??

If you continue to persist with this attitude toward other forum members you will not only make yourself look incredibly stupid but get banned. Is that what you want?:rolleyes:

I for one agree with UDT. If you dont agree with UDT when you dont have to read his views

Shaun
24-09-2003, 22:26
I for one agree with UDT. If you dont agree with UDT when you dont have to read his views

Nice idea, but it doesn't work like that on a forum does it? I really don't have a problem with his 'views', just the way he puts them across, have you read my previous comments?:)

Undisputedtruth
24-09-2003, 22:40

I can say likewise. Open your eyes a bit more and see what is happening. I have no quarrel with you. However, you're language about me is getting stronger and I have taken note of this. Persist and I will bite back. I am more than able to differentiate proNTL mobs. I don't think you're a member, though I may change opinions as more information becomes available.

handyman
24-09-2003, 22:40
Please people dony feed the trolls, it only encourages them. There is a way you can hide thier post, tho I actually like to read udt's, the guy is on a different planet. Any UDT I know longer work for ntl so I am only a customer now, all my opinions are customer focused now as I am now paying full whack for my services.

on topic (there is a topic udt its not a thread about the chip on your shoulder)

The main aim of this site is a community of ntl customers voicing their opinions of the ntl service and helping each other out. I cannot remember you in all your wisdom actually helping anyone on this site at all. I have gone out of my way to do this and as such am looking forward to meeting up with some of them in manchester.

Once again just like to add that i do enjoy reading your posts, its amazing how many different ways you play with your one record collection yet it still sounds the same :) :spin:

andygrif
24-09-2003, 22:50
Can I just draw your attention to a couple of things you just said in the same post?

Please people dony feed the trolls, it only encourages them.

and

the guy is on a different planet

<snip>

its amazing how many different ways you play with your one record collection yet it still sounds the same

Do I need to say anymore?

Chris
24-09-2003, 23:04
Originally posted by andygrif
Do I need to say anymore?

Yes, all of you please say lots more, I haven't laughed so hard in ages.

In the red corner, it's the pro-ntl mob, skulking in the shadows, uttering half truths and homespun statistics - yes, broadband is coming to ex-Videotron areas this winter!!

In the blue corner it's UDT and pals, furiously writing down members' names in a little notebook with 'people who have crossed me - top secret' scrawled on the front in green biro.

:rolleyes: :D

Undisputedtruth
24-09-2003, 23:11
Please people dony feed the trolls, it only encourages them. There is a way you can hide thier post, tho I actually like to read udt's, the guy is on a different planet. Any UDT I know longer work for ntl so I am only a customer now, all my opinions are customer focused now as I am now paying full whack for my services.

on topic (there is a topic udt its not a thread about the chip on your shoulder)

The main aim of this site is a community of ntl customers voicing their opinions of the ntl service and helping each other out. I cannot remember you in all your wisdom actually helping anyone on this site at all. I have gone out of my way to do this and as such am looking forward to meeting up with some of them in manchester.

Once again just like to add that i do enjoy reading your posts, its amazing how many different ways you play with your one record collection yet it still sounds the same :) :spin:

Homealone started his attack on me in post #31. Up to that point the discussion were on topic. It is abundantly clear that it is the normal hardcore of people are persisting in making personal remarks. Guys, if you're lacking in ideas and running out of excuses in defending NTL then you should keep your mouths' shut.

I am helping the innocent people by making sure they do not become victims of NTL propaganda. I thought this was obvious.:rolleyes:

If you ask people like Andygrit, Defiant, Rippedoff, Hawkmoon, and many more, they can all say from personal experience of how they become victims of NTL propaganda. Let us remember the thousands of people in the Videotron, deceived by NTL on bb availability and the saga in its fourth year. It is for these reasons I persist in my actions.

imback
24-09-2003, 23:19
Guys you lot are making it sound like the x files, with words like propiganda, and I can't help but feel that BB in videotron areas is really code for they are injecting us with alien transmitters :D

Undisputedtruth
25-09-2003, 00:31
Guys you lot are making it sound like the x files, with words like propiganda, and I can't help but feel that BB in videotron areas is really code for they are injecting us with alien transmitters :D

The X files is a fair description.

As Agent Mulder was discussing about broadband availability in the Videotron area - "We know it's out there somewhere" :D

Lord Nikon
25-09-2003, 00:48
a bit like NTL tech support on the phone lol

Mick
25-09-2003, 01:33
I am helping the innocent people by making sure they do not become victims of NTL propaganda. I thought this was obvious.:rolleyes:

You? help people? You do nothing but bloody argue with them. Your more of a headache than ntl is. Customers can make up their own choice if they like ntl or not, get it into your head that there is such customers out there who enjoy there services, if you do not, that is your own personal preference, but you cannot force your views on everyone.

Oh and another thing, congratulations UDT this is another thread you have bloody ruined. Going for the world record are we ? :afire:

Mal
25-09-2003, 08:29
Originally posted by Dr. Plummer
You? help people? You do nothing but bloody argue with them. Your more of a headache than ntl is. Customers can make up their own choice if they like ntl or not, get it into your head that there is such customers out there who enjoy there services, if you do not, that is your own personal preference, but you cannot force your views on everyone.

Oh and another thing, congratulations UDT this is another thread you have bloody ruined. Going for the world record are we ? :afire:
You're in UDT's little black book now :) (I suppose mine's in there now)

Happy customer by the way(Can you believe that UDT? And not an employee). Though I am not saying it's a perfect company.

We do need employees on the site as they have the "expertise" and it would just turn into a moan, not a help site.

I found both site to very helpful and hope it continues this way.

Undisputedtruth
25-09-2003, 08:38
Originally posted by Dr. Plummer

Indeed customers can make up their own mind, which is why I often give my views. I want to make sure NTL customers gets the best customer service possible. I get excellent customer service from BT, why can't NTL customers get it?

I've already pointed out that homealone has caused the thread to go off topic in post #31. Andy's post #32 sums it up perfectly.

There are REAL customers out there that do APPRECIATE my views.

By the way, if MODS believed in fair moderation then they should of removed the personal remarks aimed at me for the sake of discussion. To accuse me of ruining threads for their lack of moderation in removing attacking comments at me is pathetic.:(

Nemesis
25-09-2003, 08:42
UDT, can I refer you back to this one again

http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?postid=56174#post56174

one of the others that you hijacked !!!!

Russ
25-09-2003, 08:51
If I see one more post in here about who has ruined it for who, I'm locking this one down.

homealone
25-09-2003, 09:41
Homealone started his attack on me in post #31. Up to that point the discussion were on topic. It is abundantly clear that it is the normal hardcore of people are persisting in making personal remarks. Guys, if you're lacking in ideas and running out of excuses in defending NTL then you should keep your mouths' shut.

If you ask people like Andygrit, Defiant, Rippedoff, Hawkmoon, and many more, they can all say from personal experience of how they become victims of NTL propaganda. Let us remember the thousands of people in the Videotron, deceived by NTL on bb availability and the saga in its fourth year. It is for these reasons I persist in my actions.

It was not an attack on you, it was a rebuttal of your previous comment. The site is concerned with discussion of our experience of NTL, yours is different to mine, something I havn't denied, neither would I deny other peoples experiences, positive or negative. My point was that you appeared to be attempting to orchestrate the debate and that is not on. Please don't take the view that an opinion contrary to yours is a personal remark, otherwise the process of debate becomes meaningless.

As has been said, one of the problems NTL has is the difference between the different regions, representing the various historical franchises, the advantage of this site is it enables members to compare the subjective experience - but imo expressing an opinion does not represent "taking sides".

Russ
25-09-2003, 09:49
To be honest, with the greatest of respect to the people who are discussing this subject, the rest of us simply are not interested in who is on who's side, who attacks who etc.

Please, if anyone has an issue with another member over who said what etc please can it be taken to PM or MSN and leave this thread for the discussion of what it was started as.

Lord Nikon
25-09-2003, 09:57
dammit Russ and Dr P... there was so much flaming going on I turned the heating off here and was toasty warm.....

now I have to turn the heat on again as the flames have been stamped out.....

Nemesis
25-09-2003, 10:02
To be honest, with the greatest of respect to the people who are discussing this subject, the rest of us simply are not interested in who is on who's side, who attacks who etc.

Please, if anyone has an issue with another member over who said what etc please can it be taken to PM or MSN and leave this thread for the discussion of what it was started as.

Apologies Russ, but there is a growing list of threads that have gone this way, and taking it to PM's or MSN I don't think will resolve the issue. I have no wish to discuss the Anti or Pro argument any more and will avoid entering into arguments about it. It's just a shame that threads are hijacked in this way.

UDT may have valid points, but I feel these would be better directed at NTL rather than at other members of this site. It would appear that there is no one here who can successfully resolve the problems that UDT, Defiant etc have. I have no problem with discussing them, but the tone and anger in which their posts are made make it difficult.

Maybe if they opened their own threads about the problems they are experiencing, it would stop the hijacking and give people an area in which they can argue or discuss it, obviously without the personal slanging matches that we have already seen.

Tightscot
25-09-2003, 10:46
Frankly my dears i don't give a damn. :wavey:

Defiant
25-09-2003, 11:19
Well for those that don't like the Anti NTL stuff perhaps they should have checked the name of the site before registering. Try looking for NTLHEAVEN christ

imback
25-09-2003, 11:50
Well for those that don't like the Anti NTL stuff perhaps they should have checked the name of the site before registering. Try looking for NTLHEAVEN christ

I think people are more botherd with the fact most threads on here turn into an NTL bash, which sometimes swamps the real point of the thread, and in a lot of cases stop who ever asked for help, getting it.

I love this site, but sometimes, it's impossible to have a discussion without some saying, "well you wrk for NTL have to say that" or words to that effect, it really does get tedious sometimes, when your opinion isn't valid because of the building you go to in the morning to work.

Russ
25-09-2003, 12:07
Apologies Russ, but there is a growing list of threads that have gone this way

Yes and they are going to stop.

and taking it to PM's or MSN I don't think will resolve the issue.

Why not? It keeps away the off-topic subjects which cause good-intentioned threads to degenerate in to childish slanging matches.

UDT may have valid points, but I feel these would be better directed at NTL rather than at other members of this site. It would appear that there is no one here who can successfully resolve the problems that UDT, Defiant etc have. I have no problem with discussing them, but the tone and anger in which their posts are made make it difficult.

Exactly, so if people what to make points on such matters which are likely to cause offence, they can do it away from the frontline as to not annoy others.

If you've got an issue with UDT or anyone, tell them in PM or better still, MSN.

Maybe if they opened their own threads about the problems they are experiencing, it would stop the hijacking and give people an area in which they can argue or discuss it, obviously without the personal slanging matches that we have already seen.

I knew that if I waited long enough, a good idea would appear in this thread :)

Well for those that don't like the Anti NTL stuff perhaps they should have checked the name of the site before registering.

Everyone is welcomed to post on here (apart from those who are banned ;) ;)) without having their status or opinions personally attacked.

Nemesis
25-09-2003, 12:16
I hope so :(
Why not? It keeps away the off-topic subjects which cause good-intentioned threads to degenerate in to childish slanging matches.
I agree with the sentiment, but doubt that it will stay in there, I'd love to be proved wrong.
I knew that if I waited long enough, a good idea would appear in this thread :)
Thanks
Everyone is welcomed to post on here (apart from those who are banned ;) ;)) without having their status or opinions personally attacked.
This is what everyone wants I believe

Shaun
25-09-2003, 12:46
Yes, all of you please say lots more, I haven't laughed so hard in ages.

In the red corner, it's the pro-ntl mob, skulking in the shadows, uttering half truths and homespun statistics - yes, broadband is coming to ex-Videotron areas this winter!!

In the blue corner it's UDT and pals, furiously writing down members' names in a little notebook with 'people who have crossed me - top secret' scrawled on the front in green biro.

:rolleyes: :D

ROFL:rofl: :rofl:

Do you think it'll be like this in Manchester? One group sat at one table and the rest sat at another???

Shaun
25-09-2003, 12:53
I think people are more botherd with the fact most threads on here turn into an NTL bash, which sometimes swamps the real point of the thread

Sometimes I think that's the idea. :rolleyes: :(

Defiant
25-09-2003, 13:03
I think people are more botherd with the fact most threads on here turn into an NTL bash, which sometimes swamps the real point of the thread, and in a lot of cases stop who ever asked for help, getting it.

Not every poster is someone asking for help though. Also the "NTL Bash" as you call it, hmm so what do you want pro NTL stuff on here Bah

Mark W
25-09-2003, 13:23
Not every poster is someone asking for help though. Also the "NTL Bash" as you call it, hmm so what do you want pro NTL stuff on here Bah

lol, no, an 'NTL bash' is fair enough - id be the first person to agree that NTL do often deserve it, but to pour scorn, and sadly often insults, on someone merely because they work for NTL is a bit much.....
to be fair, so is similar treatment going the other way round....

to put it in context of this thread, there seem to be 3 main scenarios people use this site for 1) getting help - surely the input of ntl staff would be a benefit here? 2) griping about NTL - all well and good everyone needs to let off steam, but could i suggest letting those in the know try to offer a solution without shooting them down in flames? 3) community/chit chat - i can see no place for any pro/anti ntl argumnets here?

now how about we all hold hands and go hug some trees? :)

imback
25-09-2003, 13:26
hmm so what do you want pro NTL stuff on here Bah

No I want honest views, active discussions, and no BS from the "haters" or the "lovers", I am not pro or anti NTL, I can see NTL's bad points, and their good points, however when some people have a narrow minded view that will never change then you have to question the point in them being on a discussion forum.:shrug:

Defiant
25-09-2003, 13:55
No I want honest views, active discussions, and no BS from the "haters" or the "lovers", I am not pro or anti NTL, I can see NTL's bad points, and their good points, however when some people have a narrow minded view that will never change then you have to question the point in them being on a discussion forum.:shrug:

This is a discussion forum and so it doe's get discussed.

however when some people have a narrow minded view that will never change

You mean things like NTL interactive. The interative that's got to be the slowest thing to be called interactive. The interactive that locks the stb. Our the TV packages that you pay £10 more for but you get the phoneline included (well you have no choice). Oh and lets not forget less channels than Sky too for the price too.

Yes things will change, No wait just how long has this been going on. How many years ?

imback
25-09-2003, 14:45

You mean things like NTL interactive. The interative that's got to be the slowest thing to be called interactive. The interactive that locks the stb. Our the TV packages that you pay £10 more for but you get the phoneline included (well you have no choice). Oh and lets not forget less channels than Sky too for the price too.

Yes things will change, No wait just how long has this been going on. How many years ?

as I said mate I agree with your points, NTL have problems, we all know that, but they have good points also, not everyone is prepared to see them are they?

NTL are a business, if we don't like their service we can leave, it's free choice, but t dedicate your life to trying to get others listen to the same repeated arguments is an obsession.

This is not directed at anyone in particular.

cjmillsnun
25-09-2003, 18:09

Discussed???, I can't even start a thread about discussion without people getting shot down in flames!

NTL provide $hite customer service (we all know that - even OB says that NTL has their faults, and I don't know anyone more loyal to NTL than her!), but I don't want anyone that has positive comments to be shot down with "EMPLOYEE ALERT", It's not fair. it's not right, and it may well detract from new members joining here.

It is fine to have a rant, its a fecking good way of letting off steam, but lets not make it personal, and just keep it friendly.

BTW the site is called NTHellworld but the idea is that it is a site that can use the leverage of numbers to push NTL in the right direction. and that includes positive comments where they are due.

Have a look at ntlhell.co.uk, they have a forum branch dedicated to this.

So my (and it seems the mods) request is that, whilst it can be a heated discussion, it it not reduced to trading insults at each other, otherwise threads go round in circles with nothing new being added to them. (This is (IMHO) what led NTL to request that .com is as heavily moderated as it is.)

Stuart
25-09-2003, 19:14
I remember Frank saying on .com that as far as he was concerned, the main aim of .com was to help NTL's (in some cases) long suffering customers.

That seems to be the aim of this site as well, and it is a good aim.

You are always going to get flaming on a site like this, but let's not turn every thread into an anti or pro ntl argument.

Also, we need some NTL employees on here. They do help customers on here with problems. If they think they are going to get flamed they may not come here.

Undisputedtruth
25-09-2003, 20:29

If you've got an issue with UDT or anyone, tell them in PM or better still, MSN.

Sensible comments - now this is what I call moderation. It is not about taking sides but being fair to everyone.

Let's us hope there are no more personal remarks aimed at UDT to ignite another flame war in order to silence him.

dialanothernumb
25-09-2003, 20:40
I wonder if this site has ended up being a little premature? \The reason I say this is that at the moment significant sections of the network appear to be having major problems, yet posts about this are going to the .com site

In fact, the .com site looks like it did in the days before the purchase by NTL, with thread after thread spelling out tales of woe. No censorship evident at all, but plenty of helpful advice (a lot from people who frequent .co.uk too)

Coupled with this is the fact that the community site, laughably, is stillborn...

Surely, if community takes off, then .co.uk will really start to take over where .com would have left off... but we're in a sort of limbo at the moment. This leaves us with fractious threads like this full of cr@p about employees and ntl haters etc and the far more entertaining off-topic stuff.

In fact, could the admins just do away with the separation of off and on-topic, it would save a lot of segmenting!

Someone thin this thread said you could set up the forum to ignore certain posts. How do you do this? I have no wish to see any more of anyone's self important pompous nonsense about conspiracies etc (all the usual troll stuff) (Here's a conspiracy: UDT is actually Barclay K himself coming back to wind up all the customers into saying "No, NTL really isn't that baaad!":D)

edited to comply with Russ's suggestions and above post... ooops

Defiant
25-09-2003, 20:48
Originally posted by dialanothernumb

In fact, the .com site looks like it did in the days before the purchase by NTL, with thread after thread spelling out tales of woe. No censorship evident at all, but plenty of helpful advice (a lot from people who frequent .co.uk too)

Na rubbish CJ wouldn't let something like happen. He love's his [edit's] [thread closed] and and his pm's. Unless he's sick

dialanothernumb
25-09-2003, 20:50
Ah, defiant, I knew I could rely on a post like that from you. What an entertainer...

You wouldn't fancy a job in the Downing Street PR Office, there's one going?

Defiant
25-09-2003, 20:53
Ah, defiant, I knew I could rely on a post like that from you. What an entertainer...

You wouldn't fancy a job in the Downing Street PR Office, there's one going?

Oh how nice but I'd have to turn that down thanks as I dont hold much respect for them. You'd fit in just fine though

Steve H
25-09-2003, 20:54
STOP the arguing now, any further off topic posts will be removed, If you feel the need please go to MSN, or PM's.

Maggy
25-09-2003, 21:03
Nice idea, but it doesn't work like that on a forum does it? I really don't have a problem with his 'views', just the way he puts them across, have you read my previous comments?:)

You can ignore people here.
No really!You can!Just click on the offenders profile,find the very tiny words in white that say add to your ignore list at the bottom of the subject's profile page.This way I never have to read UDT's comments ever again unless some helpful soul quotes him directly.

Incog.:)

dialanothernumb
25-09-2003, 21:05
Just done it! Great, it's like pouring bleach ontop a dirty worktop!

All known germs (whoever they may be!), GONE!

Thanks Incog, you are a sweetie.

blackthorn
25-09-2003, 21:27
Just done it! Great, it's like pouring bleach ontop a dirty worktop!

All known germs (whoever they may be!), GONE!

Thanks Incog, you are a sweetie.

Now if thats`s not a personal insult to somebody, I don`t know what one is. If you just wanted to ignore someone, why didn`t you just do it ,without the need to post a reply. No wonder UDT feels there`s a sort of vendetta against him/her.

Undisputedtruth
25-09-2003, 21:29
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
STOP the arguing now, any further off topic posts will be removed, If you feel the need please go to MSN, or PM's.

Despite calls from the mods to calm things down, more proNTL mobs are still giving 'digs'. Incognitas, you talk about treating the anti NTL brigade as children, yet your behaviour at best is childish, and dialanothernumb can you stop goading people which is clearly evident in his last post.

I suggest to the mods to keep a record of all people making personal remarks for future reference.

Undisputedtruth
25-09-2003, 21:35
Originally posted by blackthorn
Now if thats`s not a personal insult to somebody, I don`t know what one is. If you just wanted to ignore someone, why didn`t you just do it ,without the need to post a reply. No wonder UDT feels there`s a sort of vendetta against him/her.

Agreed, there was no need for Incognitas to mention my name and for dialanothernumb to carry on insulting people.

It is usual behaviour for Incognitas to give the 'odd dig' now and then at anyone that posts an antiNTL message.

I also think the mods are beginning to get the picture of what is happening. This means, I hope, I won't have to get involved in skirmishes if the mods do their work.

Chris
25-09-2003, 22:26
I can't believe this thread has survived as long as it has without getting edited or even completely shut. Just for the record, I really haven't laughed so much in ages. But reassure me: this is all a bit tongue-in-cheek, isn't it? I mean we're all friends really aren't we?

I'm not going to Manchester myself but I'd hate to get stuck in a pub with y'all if you're really laying in to each other... ;)

Lord Nikon
25-09-2003, 22:39
I'm contemplating opening a book on who gets hit first by who at the party lol

Chris
25-09-2003, 22:43
My missus is going to a meet-up with people from the forum she posts on tomorrow. But the forum is on a website for mums with young children and the meet is at a branch of Starbucks inside a bookshop.

A different kind of group dynamic altogether, methinks...

Maggy
25-09-2003, 23:03
Well I hope someone will be taking piccys.I'd love to see any photos.

Why is everyone being so aggressive recently do you think?It wasn't like this to begin with.It was more like an old fashioned Love in at first.

I can understand the passions about religion,politics,abortion,the failing NHS and all the crappier aspects of our lives but why do we get so aggressive when discussing the failings of NTL?It's only a company not a way of life.

Incog.off to :sleep: goodnight.

Undisputedtruth
25-09-2003, 23:15
Now that she is gone, can we now go back to discuss "The main aim of this site".

dialanothernumb
25-09-2003, 23:31
and dialanothernumb can you stop goading people which is clearly evident in his last post.

Umm, sure, okay...

I suggest to the mods to keep a record of all people making personal remarks for future reference. [/B]

Thats a good idea....

Now that she is gone, can we now go back to discuss "The main aim of this site".[/B]

Er, well

Anyway, what's this site for. Well, I guess its for discussing all things related to being an NTL customer, including those quirky little funnies and interesting debates on Europe. But I feel the greatest thread is the Friday morning quiz. If it were for nothing else, it would for me be for the quiz. So UDT, what do you think its for?

Defiant
25-09-2003, 23:33
Not for baiting thats for sure dialanothernumb

dialanothernumb
25-09-2003, 23:35
Not for baiting thats for sure dialanothernumb

okeydoke...

What do you think it's for Defiant?

Defiant
25-09-2003, 23:38
Just what were doing now "discussion"

dialanothernumb
25-09-2003, 23:45
Just what were doing now "discussion"

"Discussion"....:shrug: and that's it? And we needed a whole thread to debate it:eek:

No wonder it went off topic.

Maybe the thread needs closing now you've found the answer matey. Well done

Defiant
25-09-2003, 23:46
haha your not getting more than "discussion" at this time of night

dialanothernumb
25-09-2003, 23:48
haha your not getting than discussion at this time of night

LoL... I'm not quite sure what you're talking about... but I guess that means we have something in common... Anyway, you're right, it's late.

Night!