PDA

View Full Version : Frank Bruno

blackthorn
22-09-2003, 20:30
Just heard on 5 live news that paramedics are at Frank Brunos house trying to (as the reporter put it) persuade Frank to go with them. I don`t think I`d like that job.
Whether you like Frank Bruno or not , it shows the long term perils of boxing and to me it`s a shame and very sad that a nice guy should end up like this. I hope he gets better.

Atomic22
22-09-2003, 20:54
yeh too right frank was one of the good guys.....hope hes ok

Russ
22-09-2003, 21:00
He's been sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

blackthorn
22-09-2003, 21:22
He now lives on his own, so who sectioned him?
I dont know much about this sectioning stuff, so what happens?
Does somebody report you as "a danger to your self or others"
I thought you had to do something wrong before that happened.

Sipowicz
22-09-2003, 21:35
See here http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1104697,00.html

Sad! Nice bloke :(

paulyoung666
22-09-2003, 22:06
Originally posted by Russ D
He's been sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

apparently he has , real shame this , somehow i dont think it was boxing that did it , more like the mental pressure of the divorce he is going through , if that is found to be the case then shame on his ex wife i say :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

orangebird
22-09-2003, 22:15
Originally posted by paulyoung666
apparently he has , real shame this , somehow i dont think it was boxing that did it , more like the mental pressure of the divorce he is going through , if that is found to be the case then shame on his ex wife i say :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

???:confused:

One of the reasons they got divorced was cos he knocked her about!!! :rolleyes:.....

Defiant
22-09-2003, 22:20
Originally posted by orangebird

One of the reasons they got divorced was cos he knocked her about!!! :rolleyes:.....

Thats wrong of course but was led him to do that?

orangebird
22-09-2003, 22:22
Originally posted by Defiant
Thats wrong of course but was led him to do that?

I don't know - wtf has that got to do with anything?

Defiant
22-09-2003, 22:25
I don't know - wtf has that got to do with anything?

Easy really we dont know what went on. Only him and his ex do

paulyoung666
22-09-2003, 22:42
Originally posted by Defiant
Easy really we dont know what went on. Only him and his ex do

there are always two sides to an argument , to say one is right one is wrong is not on , it was like the sun newspaper today , headlining about blokes beating women up , so it dont happen the other way round , nooooooooooooooo of course it dont :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

iadom
23-09-2003, 17:43
Originally posted by paulyoung666
there are always two sides to an argument , to say one is right one is wrong is not on , it was like the sun newspaper today , headlining about blokes beating women up , so it dont happen the other way round , nooooooooooooooo of course it dont :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

At least that is better than the Sun headline in today's early editions. Thankfully I have enough taste, decency and common sense not to buy or read that piece of garbage passing itself of as a newspaper.:mad: :mad:

Oh yes, the headline staring out from the newstands, " BONKERS BRUNO" :(

Shame on anyone who calls themselves a Sun reader.

imback
23-09-2003, 18:13
i was shocked when I heard about this, I mean it's Frank for god sake, he was always smiling, always upbeat, shows what can happen I guess.

paulyoung666
23-09-2003, 19:20
Originally posted by iadom
At least that is better than the Sun headline in today's early editions. Thankfully I have enough taste, decency and common sense not to buy or read that piece of garbage passing itself of as a newspaper.:mad: :mad:

Oh yes, the headline staring out from the newstands, " BONKERS BRUNO" :(

Shame on anyone who calls themselves a Sun reader.

i notice that they amended the front page later on , damage done though :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Atomic22
23-09-2003, 20:00

is this true?
surely if frank "knocked her about" she would be dead or smashed up in hospital with her picture all over the papers
i know most people would be if they got "knocked about" by frank
i thought she left him coz he was playing away

Steve H
23-09-2003, 20:03
I feel sorry for frank, he's been publicly humiliated, due to no fault of his own. Maybe the guys who took him in, might actually consider him next time, and try and do it a bit quieter.