PDA

View Full Version : Good use of onduty time?

AndrewJ
22-05-2005, 19:01
Was in town today and spotted this copper, they drove right out of the station down the road, through a no entry only for disabled, then onto a pavement ( which is the main one into town ) stops after driving about 800yard on it, then one of them gets out to buy Jacket Spuds while the other ones are on there radio, about something or another.

Fact is on duty or off duty it is illegal to park on the pavement unless they are there to pursue a legal matter, which these was not after getting there meals, they got in and drove back off the pavement and onto a no entry road ( buses and taxis only to 6pm 7am ) and drove out through towards the main road out of town.

Makes me fume that its one rule for one and another for them.

Ramrod
22-05-2005, 19:06
I dunno......it's a sh*tty job.......they should be allowed a few perks. :2cents:

Raistlin
22-05-2005, 19:07
O/T but what did you use to take that picture?

allieyoung666
22-05-2005, 19:09
Its like us nurses we are always on the end of someone moaning, so it is nice when we are allowed a few perks, such as using the internet when we are on a night shift, or free meals.
So you mean to tell me you do not take any liberties whilst at work??? Everyone has done it at some point in their working life, just that a cop car is so blinkin in ya face!

maxtoralias
22-05-2005, 19:13
Its like us nurses we are always on the end of someone moaning, so it is nice when we are allowed a few perks, such as using the internet when we are on a night shift, or free meals.
So you mean to tell me you do not take any liberties whilst at work??? Everyone has done it at some point in their working life, just that a cop car is so blinkin in ya face!

I agree with this sentiment - we all have unofficial perks in our jobs that make them more bearable. Would not be a copper for one momemt, particulalrly on a Saturday night dealing with mindless drunks, or scraping someone off the pavement following an accident.

Give them a break - its only someone having lunch after all!!

Maggy
22-05-2005, 19:18
I tend to the leave them alone brigade...It's not a job I care to do especially if there is always someone around to take pictures and bitch about waste of time and legalities... :rolleyes:

Walk a mile in someone elses shoes and you will discover that they too have athletes foot.. ;)

Charlie_Bubble
22-05-2005, 19:37
I'd rather they drive carefully along a pavement to buy some spuds for lunch than at 159mph to familiarise themselves with their cars.

AndrewJ
22-05-2005, 20:30
O/T but what did you use to take that picture?

My old 2megapixel digital camera I carry it at all times, as I snap pictures of badly done up cars for www.barryboys.co.uk (http://www.barryboys.co.uk) for a laugh.

Just came in handy.

MetaWraith
22-05-2005, 20:30
Phone a local newspaper and see if they would be willing to print the story and the pic.

AndrewJ
22-05-2005, 20:31
I tend to the leave them alone brigade...It's not a job I care to do especially if there is always someone around to take pictures and bitch about waste of time and legalities... :rolleyes:

Walk a mile in someone elses shoes and you will discover that they too have athletes foot.. ;)

Its understandable hence I did not make a fuss the point I am making its I see it more of a liberty, and for your information the driver thought he was a WRC driver both on and off the pavement hence why I was motivated to take the image.