PDA

View Full Version : [merged] signal noise ratio - please can somone HELP

caroline
20-05-2005, 21:07
Hi All

Can anyone help me, the ntl engineers have been out twice this week to sort out noise on my line and each time its ok for a while then just goes back the sameas before im bearly able to get a page up, i have told them the problem through kind people on here but i really need somone who works for them on here to sort it out if they could.

can anyone help please

Chris W
20-05-2005, 21:27
As I said in the message I sent to you....

It is not an individual issue and I *have* passed the details on for this to be fixed so it will be done as soon as possible.

Paul
21-05-2005, 01:18
Hi All

Can anyone help me, the ntl engineers have been out twice this week to sort out noise on my line and each time its ok for a while then just goes back the sameas before im bearly able to get a page up, i have told them the problem through kind people on here but i really need somone who works for them on here to sort it out if they could.

can anyone help pleaseAs I understand it from the people involved, all the help that can be provided by the Staff on this site has now been done - this fault, which is not specific to just you, has been passed to the Faults Team in your area and they will deal with it.

caroline
23-05-2005, 09:34
Hi
Im still having trouble with signal noise ratio on my line but when i phone ntl they say my signal is fine, at the moment i can just about get a page up after about 4 attempts , my download speed is fine but my uploads are at zero is there anything i can do to run a test to proove to ntl that i have a problem, as this has been going on for over a week now.

altis
23-05-2005, 09:46
Just about everything is explained here:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/signal.html

caroline
23-05-2005, 10:00
HI
THANX FOR THE REPLY

but im more interested in my upload speed as at the momentas its zero, but if it goes off zero which it has crept to 1kb i can get a page up even thoe it takes ages, i just need something to tell ntl that im still getting this problem.

altis
23-05-2005, 10:09
If your signal levels look okay then there are a few other possibilites.

Do you have a network of computers? Is another one uploading at the same time and maxing out your upload bandwidth?

Are you running some file sharing software? Is someone downloading from your computer and maxing out your upload bandwidth?

Have you checked for viruses? Perhaps, unknowingly, you have one that is talking to the internet and maxing out your upload bandwidth.

There are probably others too but you will get the idea now of what to look for.

bdav
23-05-2005, 10:44
Just to add, what would a netgear router call the function that lets you get out of the internal network, to the near-side of the SACM for the diagnostics? I can get them when connected straight to the SACM, but not through the router.

caroline
23-05-2005, 11:27
hi

I have run endless checks for viruses and all are clean, i spent nealy a hour running through that with ntl, i know its a signal noise ratio problem as its exactly the same symptoms as two weeks ago when i had this then a enginer on the forum helped me out and got my line back to normal, im now looking at other providers as ntl cant seem to sort my problem out which is a shame becausebefore muy upgrade was very happy with the service and had no problems.

Chris
23-05-2005, 11:49
Two near-identical threads merged.

Can you please stop creating multiple threads to discuss the same issue. You only need one.

bopdude
23-05-2005, 13:27
Two near-identical threads merged.

Can you please stop creating multiple threads to discuss the same issue. You only need one.

I know you mean, 12 threads for the same problem, hope you get sorted out though :tu:

Ignition
23-05-2005, 14:13
Resolved for now pending permanent resolution through official channels thanks to MB's escalation of fault.

Russ
23-05-2005, 15:27
Nice one MB :D :clap:

Chris W
23-05-2005, 15:39
Resolved for now pending permanent resolution through official channels thanks to MB's escalation of fault.

ta Ig :tu:

Ignition
23-05-2005, 16:00
ta Ig :tu:

No problem mate, took me 2 minutes to work my magic, what you did took a lot more work and will sort it properly :)

Russ
23-05-2005, 16:01
Nice one to both of you :D :clap:

Ignition
23-05-2005, 16:45
Nice one to both of you :D :clap:

All part of the service :) I take unmarked notes and anonymous transfers to my Cayman Islands account :D

sollp
23-05-2005, 17:22
Do we know what the problem was in first place

Chris W
23-05-2005, 17:26
Do we know what the problem was in first place

signal to noise ratio ;)

sollp
23-05-2005, 18:54
signal to noise ratio ;)

Causing the problem.

Chris W
23-05-2005, 19:01
Causing the problem.

either noise on the network.....
or low signal strength....

don't have any more details than that i'm afraid!

caroline
24-05-2005, 11:30
Hi All

well this morning my internet is working just fine, pages comeing up faster then lightning please ntl keep it up this time:clap:

Neil
24-05-2005, 11:35
Caroline, please stop creating a new thread to add a comment to the thread(s) you already have running.

I have now merged this with the thread that it relates to.

Chris W
24-05-2005, 12:13
Hi All

well this morning my internet is working just fine, pages comeing up faster then lightning please ntl keep it up this time:clap:

a thank you to Ignition might not go amiss as he fixed it for you :rolleyes: