PDA

View Full Version : Help

Escapee
18-05-2005, 11:56
I'm looking for help from you guys and gals yet again!

I have been trying to find a guy that I knew (not that well) about 15 years ago. I went to have a look where he used to live and the house looks empty, the neighbours were not very forthcoming with any info. (In fact they were a bit offish with me)The guy was into cars in a big way and I understand he still is, the fact that the garden and driveway is empty confirms he doesn't live there now.

The big problem is his Surname, I think its of "Polish" or possibly Russian origin and it sounds like "Glimmer-ritch" I have had a damn good Google and look at BT, 192 etc. The problem is I probably have the spelling completely wrong however I try.
Knowing my luck it probably doesnt even start with a "G"

So are there anyone with Polish/Russian connections (Or that sort of area) who could give me some clues.

Thanks in advance.

gary_580
18-05-2005, 12:02
Do you know if he owned the house? If so you might be able to get information on when he moved, who his solicitor was from the land registry and his next address from the solicitor that was used

Escapee
18-05-2005, 12:11
Do you know if he owned the house? If so you might be able to get information on when he moved, who his solicitor was from the land registry and his next address from the solicitor that was used

Yes thanks, I think that would be my next move if I need to.

It's nothing that important, but I would like to contact him. I know he also had a brother in that area, and his father used to live fairly close. I think if I had a clue about how to spell the surname it would be easy to find him.
I had a bad experience with one of these so called people finder agencies about 12 months ago, I was trying to find someone who owed me money and I gave them the last known addresses, they charged me and came back with exactly the same info.

It's not a case of chasing someone this time, just want to see if he still has an item that I would be interested in....Long shot I know.

gary_580
18-05-2005, 12:13
Yes thanks, I think that would be my next move if I need to.

It's nothing that important, but I would like to contact him. I know he also had a brother in that area, and his father used to live fairly close. I think if I had a clue about how to spell the surname it would be easy to find him.
I had a bad experience with one of these so called people finder agencies about 12 months ago, I was trying to find someone who owed me money and I gave them the last known addresses, they charged me and came back with exactly the same info.

It's not a case of chasing someone this time, just want to see if he still has an item that I would be interested in....Long shot I know.

PM me the address, its a long shot i have somethnig that might help

Janusian
18-05-2005, 13:03
Did he go to school in the area - if so have a look at Friends Reunited. If you know his rough age, you would only have to look through a few years.

Escapee
18-05-2005, 19:25
Did he go to school in the area - if so have a look at Friends Reunited. If you know his rough age, you would only have to look through a few years.

Yes I have already been down that route, I am sure he did go to school in that area as his father had lived in the house for many years. The big problem with search engines like 192, BT or friends reunited is they require at least 4 letters to search.

When your dealing with a foreign name its not so easy! :D