PDA

View Full Version : What kind of woman do you go for?

Russ
18-05-2005, 10:40
Inspired by watching Two Pint of Larger and a Packet of Crisps the other night where I was admiring the 'girl next door' look of Natalie Casey and Sheridan Smith, what kind of woman do you go for?

I know it's it's not right to pigeonhole people and the options I give are by no means exhaustive but as a general guide, what type of woman are you attracted to? Give examples if you must but I don't really want this turning in to a rival to the Girls you lust over thread :)

Chris
18-05-2005, 10:50
My wife. :drool: :D She is phwoarsome, and is looking rather good at 37 weeks pregnant!

Nugget
18-05-2005, 10:52
For the benefit of our *ahem* less picky members, can we take it that 'Other' will include 'anything with a pulse'?

:disturbd:

Nemesis
18-05-2005, 10:52
Isn't this kind of sexist ???? I mean, what if you don't go for women .... just playing devils advocate .... not giving a glimpse of me .... so behave you lot.

Russ
18-05-2005, 10:53
My wife. :drool: :D She is phwoarsome, and is looking rather good at 37 weeks pregnant!

OK no probs Chris, come back when she's not looking over your shoulder ;) :D

Isn't this kind of sexist ???? I mean, what if you don't go for women .... just playing devils advocate .... not giving a glimpse of me .... so behave you lot.

Seeing as the vast majority of forum users are hetro males....I'm just trying to appeal to the majority :D

zoombini
18-05-2005, 10:59
And you are entirely able to create your own thread asking what type of man do you go for.

Was there anything in the first post that said that ONLY men could vote? :D

Can I get an addition to the vote a "dirty girl living next door" ? lol

zovat
18-05-2005, 11:00
My wife :hugs: - who is 38 weeks pregnant ..... :romance:

but in terms of type, Other - I just find that I click with some women, and not with others, no particular look/type, just something that feels right..

congratulations.....

Russ
18-05-2005, 11:01
And you are entirely able to create your own thread asking what type of man do you go for.

Well seeing as I have no idea whatsoever what types of bloke that women go for....no!

Was there anything in the first post that said that ONLY men could vote? :D

Not at all!

No!

bmxbandit
18-05-2005, 11:07
mmm, i'd say the first three really :D but i went for intellectual...

Halcyon
18-05-2005, 11:08
I normally tend to go for a girl who is intelligent. I cant stand girls who are complete fools.
The girl next door look is quite nice and I quite like it if the girl is like meditarannean or from someplace else.... sometimes its the look , sometimes the accent, I just like that.
Having a good sense of humour is needed....cant stand anyone who is dead serious all the time.
And most of all, a good personality....someone who is natural and doesnt love themselves, show off, or acts all tarty. I like the girl next door kind of girl.

jamesclarke555
18-05-2005, 11:10
mmm...sexy and intelligent with good sense of humour.

Yeah, I'm picky :)

Chris
18-05-2005, 11:11

Good point, this really should have been a multi-choice poll I think. If I look for Mrs T's characteristics in the above I would have to go for about four of those options.

Some of us aren't so narrow in our tastes!

Russ, can you use your Admin superpowers to modify it perhaps?

punky
18-05-2005, 11:11
I thought girl-next-door and homely were more or less the same. I chose girl-next-door instead though as it sounds and makes me look less sexist ;) I'd love some mix of the two. One that could happily have a cuddle with me at night rather than watch her endlessly going out and getting off her face at clubs at 2am.

Down to earth, shy, demure, sensible, honest, that sort of thing. I'd also like her to be a sort of ladette sense of humour and feeling about her (I love it when girls call themselves birds, political incorrectness rules!), someone that understands men, and appreciates them all the same. She'd need to be affectionate, and not afraid of recieving it. Liking uniforms wouldn't go amiss either :naughty: Oh, and I am a real big fan of redheads.

She really should be a non-smoker though I think. I wouldn't rule smokers out, but i'd much prefer a non-smoker.

Its hard to say what celebrity matches that well, but i'd say something like Abi Titmuss or Alyson Hannigan's character from American Pie (Michelle - although I think Alyson Hannigan herself is much like her character anyway, but its hard to tell with celebs sometimes.), or Katie Holmes' character (Joey) in Dawson's Creek.

Chris
18-05-2005, 11:12

Yay! Congrats yourself ... race you to the labour room? :D

punky
18-05-2005, 11:16

Congrats mate :)

Shame we don't have a few more, we could run a sweepstake on it or something. :)

Halcyon
18-05-2005, 11:19
Katie Holmes would be the typical one for me I WISH, or for a bit of adventure, Elisha Cuthbert in season 2 of 24.

As for the girl next door option, I think that goes with intelligent as most girls next door are intelligent and have this underlying beuty thats just hiding away. They tend to be shy but very caring and I like people like that who dont just want to leap into things, but instead take their time.

Chris
18-05-2005, 11:20
I thought girl-next-door and homely were more or less the same.

Girl-next-door is extremely attractive but doesn't know it, because she's attractive in the way that most men actually go for rather than the grotesque parody of attractive that most models seem to be.

Homely is like girl-next-door but with bigger hips.

IMO. :erm:

bmxbandit
18-05-2005, 11:23
Homely is like girl-next-door but with bigger hips.
IMO. :erm:
mmhmm, curvy is good ;)

Shaun
18-05-2005, 11:24
This is going to sound weird, but I think Kirsty Alsop (of TV property shows fame) is a very interesting and beautiful woman, probably the sort I'd go for! :)

Chris
18-05-2005, 11:27
This is going to sound weird, but I think Kirsty Alsop (of TV property shows fame) is a very interesting and beautiful woman, probably the sort I'd go for! :)

You are soooo right .... :drool: (Mrs T is aware of my infatuation in that direction, it would be hard to miss seeing as we watch Relocation, Relocation every week). Still, I'm allowed to as she is a curvy brunette like my dear wife.

Pity is, Kirsty is so obviously infatuated with Phil Spencer. Anyone else noticed the doe-eyed way she looks at him? :D Poor girl, I think he's married ...

ian@huth
18-05-2005, 11:27
I wouldn't say that I go for any particular kind of woman. Over the years I have probably gone for women with all the attributes listed. Every woman is different and your thoughts on them change as you get to know them more.

Richard M
18-05-2005, 11:31
Curvy, a pretty face, a little bit crazy and a tendency to be a nasty bitch to everyone. :shrug:

Stuart
18-05-2005, 11:32
Inspired by watching Two Pint of Larger and a Packet of Crisps the other night where I was admiring the 'girl next door' look of Natalie Casey and Sheridan Smith, what kind of woman do you go for?

I went to watch 2 Pints of Lager being filmed a couple of months ago. Great fun.

Only slight problem was that Natalie Casey is friends with the girl that was sitting next to me, and she came up to talk to her at the end of the show. She was wearing a low cut dress. Also, in the studio we were in, the stage was lower than the audience (more correctly, the programme was recorded on the floor, and the audience were on a raised platform). Now, this particular combination of factors put me in an interesting position. While Natalie and her friend were talking, I couldn't get out, as I was at the end of the row (and had a wall to my left). It seemed rude not to look at Natalie while she was talking. The problem (and fun of it :naughty: ) was that because of the position I was in, I had to look down to see Natalie. If I looked down, I could see right down her cleavage..

Let's just say that both Sheridan Smith and Natalie Casey are much better in the flesh..

Graham M
18-05-2005, 11:32
MMmmmm my aim atm is a girl ive known for quite a while, she's just come out of a long term relationship and i know there's been a "buzz" there for a while, just giving her some time (as requested) to get over the previous relationship, which i totally understand.

Stuart
18-05-2005, 11:34
Curvy, a pretty face, a little bit crazy and a tendency to be a nasty bitch to everyone. :shrug:

I know somebody EXACTLY like that*... She's engaged to one of my colleagues at work though..

Oh, and she is a (little known) singer/songwriter/keyboard player and apparently has a new album out. I actually think she is good, but seeing as her musical influences range from Air through Pink Floyd to Coldcut, her music is an acquired taste.

*Oddly, she can be a bitch to nearly everyone, but has always been a good friend to me.

Halcyon
18-05-2005, 11:40
If anyone knows a katie Holmes lookalike, please PM me.

Stuart
18-05-2005, 11:42
My ideal woman? I tend to like women who are funny, intelligent and a bit feisty. Good Looks are nice, but not essential.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like women who argue with everything, or women who hit, but I don't like a women who is "wet" enough to say yes all the time either.

Ramrod
18-05-2005, 11:43
I wanted to put intellectual, girl next door but then I re-read the question and decided that on past form I'd better put 'dirty' :D

Salu
18-05-2005, 12:03
You are soooo right .... :drool: (Mrs T is aware of my infatuation in that direction, it would be hard to miss seeing as we watch Relocation, Relocation every week). Still, I'm allowed to as she is a curvy brunette like my dear wife.

Pity is, Kirsty is so obviously infatuated with Phil Spencer. Anyone else noticed the doe-eyed way she looks at him? :D Poor girl, I think he's married ...

So are you!!!

Do you need a hanky? :drool:

:) :p:

Escapee
18-05-2005, 12:07
As that country and western song says...... "I like my women a little on the trashy side" :D

gary_580
18-05-2005, 12:09
Seeing as the vast majority of forum users are hetro males....I'm just trying to appeal to the majority :D

Well you've got no chance then, i mean, how are you ever going to appeal to hetro males

bmxbandit
18-05-2005, 12:15
who put 'chav'?

SLAP!

:D

Stuart
18-05-2005, 12:17

Well you've got no chance then, i mean, how are you ever going to appeal to hetro males

Well, they might be Bi, or just have a fetish for Bald welsh people...

orangebird
18-05-2005, 12:21

Who can blame her - he's ruddy lovely!!!! :drool:

Chimaera
18-05-2005, 12:23
who put 'chav'?

SLAP!

Well someone had to give us Essex girls a chance! :D

gary_580
18-05-2005, 12:24
who put 'chav'?

SLAP!

Paul;) well you never know whos reading

dilli-theclaw
18-05-2005, 12:24
I love my missus :)

(although the neighbour is quite cute too)

Paul K
18-05-2005, 12:27
who put 'chav'?

SLAP!

Paul;) well you never know whos reading
Haven't voted yet :p: Too busy painting my keyboard with burberry paint ;)

Ramrod
18-05-2005, 12:42
I love my missus :)

(although the neighbour is quite cute too)Whats that you said m8? :D

dilli-theclaw
18-05-2005, 12:43
Whats that you said m8? :D

Dilli runs and hides :) Ahhh well it was nice knowing you all :D

homealone
18-05-2005, 12:45
my ideal woman is in this photo

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/image.php?u=74&type=profile&dateline=1115596052

- intelligent, sense of humour & not too skinny :)

Buxom_woman
18-05-2005, 12:50
I saw that Mr Dilligaf!!!!! Now i know what you do when i'm at work!!!! lol x x

Tezcatlipoca
18-05-2005, 12:56
Dirty intellectuals

zovat
18-05-2005, 13:32

Think I might win this one - got told yesterday that the head was fully engaged... :Yikes:

zoombini
18-05-2005, 13:45
So I can't have a choice of the "non smoking, good looking, sexy, bucks like a rabbit but no promiscuous or has anyhintg catching dirty girl next door thats also pregnant" then?

Hmm, I'll have to settle for the wife then. :D

Raistlin
18-05-2005, 13:54
Think I might win this one - got told yesterday that the head was fully engaged... :Yikes:

Is that an inter school marriage, or has he found someone outside of work?

kronas
18-05-2005, 14:02
ill have anything! :D seriously though i think a woman who is witty and dirty suits me fine, im a very quiet person so i hope my opposite number can get some conversation out of me :D im not too fussed about looks, but i suppose its about the person inside what they say, what they do, their intelligence and tactfulness that turns me on.

Chris
18-05-2005, 14:24

Hmmm ... Jr T 2 has been moving that way, Mrs T's bump has dropped noticably this week. Don't know if s/he is fully engaged yet though. Doesn't necessarliy mean you're in the lead though, baby may not fully engage until labour is well started. (Or not at all, Jr T 1 didn't engage and eventually was born by emergency section).

Remember it aint over until the fat baby sings (or cries!)

punky
18-05-2005, 14:48

OOOH! Fight! Fight! Fight!

We're going to have to have a royal rumble soon with all these fights going on :)

Chris
18-05-2005, 15:04
OOOH! Fight! Fight! Fight!

We're going to have to have a royal rumble soon with all these fights going on :)

Hey, fat is good ... fatter the better, nothing like a big healthy baby :D

Jr T 1 was 8lbs 8.

SMHarman
18-05-2005, 15:15
This is going to sound weird, but I think Kirsty Alsop (of TV property shows fame) is a very interesting and beautiful woman, probably the sort I'd go for! :)What is it about women who present property shows Ms Beeny mmmm

Kirstie Allsopp Vs Sarah Beeny Vs Amanda Lamb is a whole thread on DS!

Salu
18-05-2005, 15:16
What is it about women who present property shows Ms Beeny mmmm

They are all fairly forceful. Could the domination thought be attractive to some? :Yikes:

Russ
18-05-2005, 15:23
This is turning in to one of the best threads I've ever started :D

Chris
18-05-2005, 15:34
What is it about women who present property shows Ms Beeny mmmm

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/media/O/ontv/presenters/large/kirstie_prop_chain_2_lg.jpg

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/media/O/ontv/presenters/large/property_ladder2_lg.jpg

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/media/O/ontv/presenters/large/amanda_lamb4_lg.jpg

Maybe we should have our own vote? :D

Raistlin
18-05-2005, 15:34
:LOL: I've just saved the exact same pictures to my Laptop and was going to upload them.....

Chris
18-05-2005, 15:39
:LOL: I've just saved the exact same pictures to my Laptop and was going to upload them.....

Did you get them from the C4 website? :D I tried to look at Kirsty's full gallery but bizarrely all her photo thumbnails link to the Andrew Winter page. Denied!

Nugget
18-05-2005, 15:39
my ideal woman is in this photo

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/image.php?u=74&type=profile&dateline=1115596052

- intelligent, sense of humour & not too skinny :)

Eeeeuuuurrrrgggghhhhhh - you're your own perfect woman????

You sick, sick boy :p:

Raistlin
18-05-2005, 15:47
Now here's an interesting article.....

http://www.malefirst.co.uk/282004.htm

And here are some more pictures, although we are a little off topic here, perhaps this should ho in the GYLO thread....

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/presenters/kirstie_allsopp.html

Chris
18-05-2005, 15:52
And here are some more pictures,
http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/presenters/kirstie_allsopp.html

Nope, those thumbnails all link to some bloke called Andrew Winter!

although we are a little off topic here, perhaps this should ho in the GYLO thread....

Nope again, that thread is for airbrushed, artificial pin-ups of the Loaded/Zoo/Nuts/FHM kind. This is about real women. ;)

zovat
18-05-2005, 15:53
Hmmm ... Jr T 2 has been moving that way, Mrs T's bump has dropped noticably this week. Don't know if s/he is fully engaged yet though. Doesn't necessarliy mean you're in the lead though, baby may not fully engage until labour is well started. (Or not at all, Jr T 1 didn't engage and eventually was born by emergency section).

could be interesting, as this is Junior 1 - so head can engage up to a couple of weeks before birth....

Hey, fat is good ... fatter the better, nothing like a big healthy baby

Jr T 1 was 8lbs 8.

Fat is good - but we have already been told that this is a big baby :Yikes:

Apparantly was 40cm at 36 weeks (40cm is average full term size) :eeek: