PDA

View Full Version : Ntl Cable Sound Distortio

rodeoraymond
21-09-2003, 12:18
Hello fellow NTL Cable tv users!

I live in Worthing and receive the Family plus Sports & Movies package through an STB. Since around early/mid-June, 2003 I have noticed significant sound distortion on numerous radio channels and some tv channels, namely: BBC Radio 1 (401), BBC Radio 2 (402), 1Xtra BBC (859), BBC World (868), Core Radio (879), The Storm (881), The Mix (882), Capital Gold (890), Virgin Radio (892), Kiss Radio (894), Smash Hits Radio (896). Channel 4 can suffer slight distortion (usually on voice-overs at end and beginnings of programmes). Other tv channels affected appear to be Flaunt, Scuzz, The Amp and Classic FM TV (interestingly these are amongst the newest channels added!) As I pay for an additional set top box in the bedroom I have tested using this and also feeding the audio into a midi system and the distortion is still very noticeable. Indeed channels such as BBC Radio 1 and Smash Hits Radio are totally unlistenable (if there is such a word!). I had no problems on these channels prior to June 2003 and given my tests I feel the problem is most definitely not at my end. The sound level output by the STB on these channels appears to be far too powerful for normal audio connections. (There appears to be no consistency on the sound output level of channels on cable - I am forever having to increase/decrease the sound level on the tv when I switch channels). I have recently e-mailed customer support at NTL but doubt I will get a reply. I noticed a thread on the Digital Spy forum page mentioning a recent problem on code 3.1 cwc - what does this mean. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else suffering these problems and if anyone has any suggestions how to eliminate this very annoying problem.

albone
23-09-2003, 20:50
just hang in there m8, we reported problems via it and have had a marvalous responce! I personally wasn't holding my breath but an engeneer was dispatched to sort the problem or at least to look into it! so be patient they are getting there!