PDA

View Full Version : this is 2005 not the 60's!

kronas
14-05-2005, 03:53
i needed somewhere to sound off so here goes.....over the past few months i have become very publicly orientated with someone of another race, i accept a person on the basis of their acceptance of me, regardless of sex, religious background, ethnicity and so on.........

however the disturbing trend of being 'gorped at' by certain sections of the mixed community is beginning to take its toll on me, im not a racist person and the fact that im beginning to have some very racist tendencies is alarming.

its not just the looks but the comments i recieve too... (is she your girlfreind) (s*** her and get it over and done with :erm: ) (whos your new freind ?)

i dont mind being called a (white man) because i am westernised to the extent where all my tendencies and even vocational relations are in the english language.

what i cannot seem to understand is the total lack of disrespect towards a person becuase of their gender or race, its truely astonoshing to me how people can be like this.

i suppose i have to look at the divides in this country to realise where the institutional racism comes from, certainly ethnic minority groups play a huge role in instigating such behaviour and its utterly disgusting to me that because someone is racially diffarent and is in fact a woman too should be subjected to 'stares' 'looks' public admonishment.

im not going to let it get me down and despite it continually happening its something which does not bug me to the extent where i cant handle it because i just laugh it off.

still make me wonder :erm:

MovedGoalPosts
14-05-2005, 04:12
I think you are hitting the mail on the head here. And yes I am aware of your private and social desires given some of your previous posts.

Policitcal Correctness entices us to move towards equality, to the extent that in many sectors we are in danger of positive discrimination. At the same time there is strong criticism of authoritarian bodies for their ingrained "institutionalised" racism. However there appears to be little action, or at least clear recognition from the "policitcally correct" that the ethnic "minorities" that they seek to "protect" are in fact as prejudicted as other sectors.

This is not tarring the individual but accusing the group mentality of behaviour when we are all with our peers.

I don't know how this cycle can be broken, but for the individual like Kronas, It take a strong person to be prepared to stand out from the crowd.

kronas
14-05-2005, 04:43
I think you are hitting the mail on the head here. And yes I am aware of your private and social desires given some of your previous posts.

its not just about that though, my own experiances tell me im more suited towards individuals who are open, honest, truthful, level headed and most of all sensible what i find incredibly odd though that its coming from the asian section of the society, which is not new and the problem is i dont follow tradition and culture, therein lies the problem

Policitcal Correctness entices us to move towards equality, to the extent that in many sectors we are in danger of positive discrimination. At the same time there is strong criticism of authoritarian bodies for their ingrained "institutionalised" racism. However there appears to be little action, or at least clear recognition from the "policitcally correct" that the ethnic "minorities" that they seek to "protect" are in fact as prejudicted as other sectors.

i totally agree with that

This is not tarring the individual but accusing the group mentality of behaviour when we are all with our peers.

the group mentallity stems from both culture and the creed that ensues this:

example: there was a religious guy who i got to know again someone of an ethnic minority when i was having some issues he helped me out, so i talked to him about this person and he basically said
i should take full advantage of the situation and sexually molest this person (not in those words but close enough), what i found so repulsive was the fact that he motioned 'girating' sexual moves as a hint towards what he was talking about prior to his explanation, i then asked him:

what if it was an ethnic person i was attached to would you give me the same advice ?

his reply: i would advise you to talk to the parents and to save yourself the potential mob violence that will ensue towards your direction (basically every relation would be after my head!)

so basically i should respect someone whos an ethnic minority and not if that person is white ?

many others have said the same to me and its absolutely disgusting, words cannot describe my anger, i begin to loathe and seeth people and trust me if they come for advice or IT help they can go elsewhere!

I don't know how this cycle can be broken, but for the individual like Kronas, It take a strong person to be prepared to stand out from the crowd.

ive talked to her about it a few times, although she says it does not affect her you can tell it makes a person a tad uncomfortable.

allieyoung666
14-05-2005, 08:25
Look at the end of the day if you are happy, why should you give a stuff about what anyone thinks, go with your heart not what other people think.

gary_580
14-05-2005, 09:23
Look at the end of the day if you are happy, why should you give a stuff about what anyone thinks, go with your heart not what other people think.

That is so true, too many people these days are so concerned about what other people think and not what they want

paulyoung666
14-05-2005, 09:27
That is so true, too many people these days are so concerned about what other people think and not what they want

its just a pity that life can be made so difficult my mindless idiotic morons who think they know better than others :mad: :mad: :mad:

Graham
14-05-2005, 13:17
Having had three black girlfriends, two of whom have also been "big girls", I've experienced this from both whites and blacks (as well as the "body fascists"!)

However I long ago learned that if the rest of the world doesn't like what you do, then the rest of the world and go take a long walk off a short pier, because it's going to make *no* difference to me what they think.

As long as *yoU* are happy that's what's important, ignore the prejudiced idiots (some of whom are probably only jealous anyway!) and concentrate on having a good relationship :)

Stuart
14-05-2005, 14:10
Kronas, I agree with all the others. If you and she are happy, then *that* is what is important. If anyone else is unhappy about that (and, TBH, its not their business so they have no right to be), then that's their problem. You be happy. Let other people worry about how they feel.

The nearest I had was one of my exes was originally born in Rochdale, but her family moved down here when she was very young.

Her dad (IIRC) never actually referred to me by name. He just referred to me as "that soft southern ****e". BTW, he is white, as am I. Not strictly speaking racist, but certainly discriminatory.

kronas
14-05-2005, 16:29

i dont care as i said i just find it annoying though that ignorance and intolerance is there intrinisically within a broadrange of people in one section of society.

thanks for your replies guys, im just more concerned about how shes going to view the mindless idiots it might be offputting to her really and that could be detremental, but its not going to get in the way of our freindship not in my stance but i cant vouch for the other party.