PDA

View Full Version : Do they REALLY think I'm stupid??

Russ
21-09-2003, 00:18
Spam just recieved....

Klez.E is the most common world-wide spreading worm.It's very dangerous by corrupting your files.
Because of its very smart stealth and anti-anti-virus technic,most common AV software can't detect or clean it.
We developed this free immunity tool to defeat the malicious virus.
You only need to run this tool once,and then Klez will never come into your PC.
NOTE: Because this tool acts as a fake Klez to fool the real worm,some AV monitor maybe cry when you run it.
If so,Ignore the warning,and select 'continue'.
If you have any question,please mail to me

And of course the last 3 words were a clickable 'link' - yeah right, I wonder what that would have done..... :rolleyes:.......

danielf
21-09-2003, 00:25
LOL. Where did you get this? An email from a trusted friend?

Russ
21-09-2003, 00:31
Trusted friend......trusted friend....ye-e-e-e-e-es, I remember what one of those is!

No, it came from a spoofed email address.

danielf
21-09-2003, 00:50
Unfortunately, some people do get caught out

http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2848

Now, I'm definitely not pointing fingers, but some people are 'less educated', which might make this thing work.

Graham
21-09-2003, 12:38
Given the rate at which Swen.a is spreading, obviously a lot of people *are* still fooled by this sort of thing (or they haven't got the message about switching off the OE preview pane)

zoombini
22-09-2003, 08:47
Originally posted by Graham
Given the rate at which Swen.a is spreading, obviously a lot of people *are* still fooled by this sort of thing (or they haven't got the message about switching off the OE preview pane)

Shirley the ol preview pane problem is negated when you have antivirus software running that checks your emails?

Graham
24-09-2003, 00:00
Not if the virus is so new that the AV software doesn't recognise it.

That's what happened back on the 18th when I got suspicious .exe e-mails but Norton AV didn't flag a warning.