PDA

View Full Version : sony xr6559 wiring

gavnad
12-05-2005, 21:02
hi guys,
hope someone can help,just bought a second hand rad/cass and just wanted some confirmation of the wiring,i have the ISO adapter which is ok but there is a spare blue cable with "AMP REM MAX" on it which doesn't appear to go anywhere,the unit doesn't appear to work although it has power?

any help appreciated

tom

Millay
12-05-2005, 21:12
I would imagine that, this is for remotly switching a sony amp, I reckon from the sounds of it, you either have your wiring the wrong way round, or you have been sold a pony...

Try the forums on honest john, there normally pretty helpfull..

paulyoung666
12-05-2005, 21:13
you have got a switched live and a permanent live wired up havent you :)

gavnad
12-05-2005, 21:20
ermmm,not great with wiring but all the wires are within the iso connector so i guess yes i have,did find a forum with a wiring diagram and it seems as millsay says the amp rem wire is the remote amp wire so non-essential,as you say seems like i might have bought a piece of scrap,its off ebay so im gonna mail the seller me thinks,get my dosh back and buy new,its far easier

paulyoung666
12-05-2005, 21:27
ermmm,not great with wiring but all the wires are within the iso connector so i guess yes i have,did find a forum with a wiring diagram and it seems as millsay says the amp rem wire is the remote amp wire so non-essential,as you say seems like i might have bought a piece of scrap,its off ebay so im gonna mail the seller me thinks,get my dosh back and buy new,its far easier

seems likely , 1 thing to try , make sure you are actually getting power where you think you are getting power , get hold of a multimeter and see , how much did you pay for it btw :)

gavnad
12-05-2005, 21:37
think i paid 15 quid or so so no great shakes,i'll be getting me dosh back though!!

thanks for the help, appreciated

zoombini
12-05-2005, 23:20
the amp rem is not needed.

Although I do not have that model, I have service manuals for others that use the same cable if you want one to compare wiring on.

It does sound like a lemon though if your getting nowt.

nwc1000
12-05-2005, 23:25
What car do you have if i remember correctly on my vauxhalls i had too swap the yellow and red leads round as they are not the sme as the ISO lead BUT this was 6 - 7 years ago so take my bad memory as gospel, best thing to do get a multimeter on the job and then you wil have all the answers you need. Nick

Cabamaru
22-09-2006, 10:47
Hi all,

does anybody have any idea which removal keys are suitable for this stereo.
I have found a few types for sony stereos and can't determine which one is the right one.

Thanks a lot

Graham M
22-09-2006, 10:54
To be honest, most removal keys will work with most Stereos I've found, they are fairly Generic. Have you tried going into your local Car Audio shop?

Cabamaru
22-09-2006, 11:06
No not yet.
I have tried the removal keys from the new stereo which is also a sony (CDX-GT300) but they won't do.