PDA

View Full Version : Water softners

SOSAGES
11-05-2005, 11:10
Hello all,

moved into my new house last friday all going ok apart from being skint and having my lady moan about everything :) BUT i have a water softener now i ran out of water last night for no apperent reason and being useless i didnt have a clue what to do the tank in the loft was empty so i had a look in the cupboard and found a red leaver that i remember the guy we got the house from say it was for releasing hard water i turned the handle and the tank then began to fill..

does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?
random question i know but i have no experience with them

Ramrod
11-05-2005, 11:41
Depends on the system you have in the house, I suppose.......
Did the previous owners not leave any info about make/model & user instructions?
(congrats on the house move btw)

homealone
11-05-2005, 11:43
presumably there is an 'in line' cartridge with the Ion Exchange resin in it, this will need either replacing or regenerating, periodically, for it to work properly.:)

SOSAGES
11-05-2005, 12:57
:) ello

well the chap said sometimes i need to pull the red leaver to release hard water - that was it didnt state why or when i will have to give him a call hes a plumber and by the looks of it knows a lot more than me about this sort of thing - i figured it was because id only just plugged my washing machine into the house and that would cause issues with the softner