PDA

View Full Version : upload speed dropping

caroline
11-05-2005, 12:09
Hi All

ok when i download something my speed is fine, but when someone downloads from me it just drops off to zero every time, ive talked to ntl twice now and they say my connection is fine, but how can it be ? alse when i brouse the internet it can be slow, have got some results to this,

downsream SNR 34.3db
upstream 49.50 dbmv
when i click on the upstream status i cant see no numbers that change.

please can someone help, ive been on the phone to ntl but they seem to not believe me and say the signel im getting is fine, but how can it be.

caroline

paulyoung666
11-05-2005, 13:21
i might have got this wrong , if you saturate your upload bandwidth it will kill your download , as long as i have read your post right :erm: :D :D :D
i answered your pm with some crap so ignore it :disturbd:

Neil
11-05-2005, 13:24
<Snip>

Have a read here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/downup.html).

HTH.

caroline
11-05-2005, 13:35
Hi

Yes i know about that but i always would have someone downloading from me and it never dropped to zero as i say im on the 3 mb connection and so i give out a good speed as well, a while ago i had noise ratio on my line and that killed my internet but somone on here sorted that for me [ignition]
i just feel its something to do with my line as last night it was working perfectly ok and people were getting good speeds off me, as well as me downloading .

i really need some help as i think it is the line again please
caroline

Neil
11-05-2005, 15:08
Hi

Yes i know about that but i always would have someone downloading from me and it never dropped to zero as i say im on the 3 mb connection and so i give out a good speed as well, a while ago i had noise ratio on my line and that killed my internet but somone on here sorted that for me [ignition]
i just feel its something to do with my line as last night it was working perfectly ok and people were getting good speeds off me, as well as me downloading .

i really need some help as i think it is the line again please
caroline

You need to ring ntl Tech Support, & make sure you get the name/extension number of the person that you speak to.

dmh650
11-05-2005, 18:18
I have got the same problem with my NTL connection. I stream internet radio and the connection (upload) stops dead every time at 180kb. I tried changing the ntl proxy to a different server and managed to get 210kb but then exactly the same happened.

Phoned ntl tech support, first time I got India (do not call on a weekend, they are useless and blamed it on my anti-virus). Second time I called during the week and got someone in swansea who went through everything with me (1 hour 30 minutes on the phone), in the end he had no idea and escalated the problem.

Unfortunatley the 2nd level techies got the wrong end of the stick and tried to fix my ntlworld.com ftp account. Third time lucky, I phoned ntl: tech support again (Swansea) who were very helpful, rather than escalating it again I spent 10 minutes on the phone explaning the problem. The techie then found the report from my last call and arranged for an engineer to come and take a look at my ntl: equipment and the ntl: equipment in the street. The amazing thing is, that was yesterday, the techie is coming this evening!

I will let you know what happens as this may help you.:)

EDIT: First Post!