PDA

View Full Version : An upgrade to nothing..

simonmc7
10-05-2005, 15:28
Hi guys, I would appreciate any help you may be able to offer on the following problem (sorry for the length of the post!).

When I realised NTL were upgrading their speeds I gave them a ring and arranged for an engineer to come round and install a new STB (we had the Pace box which only supports up to 1 meg). The engineer arrived as promised and installed a new Samsung box for us to connect at 2meg. However he was having problems contacting NTL. He was a contractor as I understand it, and wasnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t having any joy getting through to whoever it was he was calling. As far as I know he tried installing a second Samsung box in case the first the faulty. Again, this didnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t work and we could only receive channels 1-5 inclusive. He eventually got bored of waiting and left telling us the channels and internet should be activated in the next 30 mins.

Surprise surprise they werenââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t, so I gave NTL a ring yesterday.

1st Try: Spoke to a woman who didnââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t really know what she was talking about. She tried a †˜box refreshââ‚à ‚¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ which didnââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t work, and then gave me the number to the faults department, claiming the box MUST be faulty.

The number didnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t work.

2nd Try: This guy was more helpful, and explained that the new Samsung box had not been added to my account at the NTL end, and they were still seeing a Pace box connected. He then transferred me to the customer service department, and told me I would need to tell them the number written on the card inserted on the box, and they should sort it.

3rd Try: Another guy who didnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t seem to know the answer, but kept me on hold while (I presume) he asked his colleagues for advice. After some thinking he told me that the internet and subscribed channels should be back by tomorrow morning, and I will be compensated for the downtime. He also said he would phone me back after I finish work to confirm all was well.

I await for the call back this evening, although Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m not holding my breath. The internet or extra channels did not work this morning and I doubt that situation has changed.

Previously when I posted on these forums a very helpful NTL employee sorted my problem. I am hoping the same might happen again!?

P.S. How could such a common upgrade cause so many problems with NTL Tech Support? Surely they should have a standard response to queries of this nature. :mad:

Thanks a lot,

Simon

nfs6600
10-05-2005, 15:32
It all comes down to the installer not doing his job correctly. Which, Im sad to say, is all too often. I'd help ut Im not at work today

simonmc7
10-05-2005, 15:36
Thanks for the offer, maybe if no-one else responds you can help when you're back at work :)

paulyoung666
10-05-2005, 16:07
i will *bump* it a little for you and see what happens :)

Nemesis
10-05-2005, 16:08
I'm watching :)

paulyoung666
10-05-2005, 16:10
I'm watching :)

i didnt need to bump it then :erm: :D :D

pak470
10-05-2005, 16:50
EEK Nemasis,he will close your thread if he don't like what you say.:D :D :D

paulyoung666
10-05-2005, 17:04

:confused: , and you refer to ???? , go on i dare you to bring something back up you didnt like ;)

Nemesis
10-05-2005, 17:05
Still Watching .... and intrigued ??

Mick
10-05-2005, 17:34

I did not delete your membership at your request for you to re-register again and cause trouble. If you have an issue take it up with Nemesis, please do not hijack another persons thread, someone with a genuine issue. Thanks.

<snip>

Feel free to contact me using the sites private message facility and send me some details such as a name and contact number and I will forward these to ntl to sort your issues out for you. Thanks.

pak470
10-05-2005, 21:30
I apologise it was a bit of fun,no pun intended in anyway again sorry to all.

simonmc7
11-05-2005, 11:33
Argh, back on topic...

Upon returning home yesterday my Internet and subscribed channels were still unavailable, and surprise surprise I received no phone call. I will try again tonight, although I am not hopeful this will be resolved anytime soon. Is there anyone out there who can offer some help? Please?!

Simon

Nemesis
11-05-2005, 11:48
Argh, back on topic...

Upon returning home yesterday my Internet and subscribed channels were still unavailable, and surprise surprise I received no phone call. I will try again tonight, although I am not hopeful this will be resolved anytime soon. Is there anyone out there who can offer some help? Please?!

Simon

Please send me a PM with your telephone number and and acct name.

simonmc7
11-05-2005, 12:10
Feel free to contact me using the sites private message facility and send me some details such as a name and contact number and I will forward these to ntl to sort your issues out for you. Thanks.
Done :)

Please send me a PM with your telephone number and and acct name.
Also Done :D

Mick
11-05-2005, 12:14
You have a PM Simon. :)

simonmc7
11-05-2005, 19:33
Ahhh superb!

My TV and internet are now back up and running, and all is good. I was phoned by a guy from ntl who was very very helpful and knew what he was doing.

Many many thanks to Mike and Nemesis for the help in the matter.

Im a happy man once again!

Simon