PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

Halcyon
10-05-2005, 10:41
Well thats the topic........Dreams...... It could go on for ever the amount of strange things that I dream about.

But I just find them really interesting. Like this morning for some strange reason, I woke up having had a most bizarre dream..... Somehow I remembered a girl I used to really really like back in school and we were hanging out together, then the dream switched to me driving round this farm house as someones wedding was taking place, and then it went back to this school scene where I was back in my school days having lunch in the school hall.
What was even stranger is that it then flicked over and I was in a kind of motel / hotel sort of place with the girl I liked.
This then switched to another view where I had parked the car near a canal but due to the ground not being safe, we had to get back in quickly and smash through a wooden gate in order to get away and back onto the main road.

Now is that bizarre or what ! I've never driven round a farm before or been to a hotel with this girl so that is just plain strange...... And what made me think back to this girl who I have not seen in years. :confused: :erm: :)
Come to think of it the hotel place might have been a house, Im not too sure.

Anyway the thing I'm getting at is dreams can seem so real. I sometimes wake up and for a while I think where is this person, or what happened to this, and then you begin to click that it was a dream but it seemed really so clear inyour mind.

If I could tape my mind onto DVD, I think I'd get a new Television soap for sure. I find dreams really interesting.

So, my question to you all...... do you have any interesting dreams, may be reccuring dreams ? Nightmares ?
What do you think of them ?

Nugget
10-05-2005, 10:48
Mrs Nug frequently dreams about zombies (curse that former boyfriend who took her to see Day of the Dead :mad: ). As a result, I can often be found wondering round my house at 3 in the morning, checking to make sure that no zombies have broken in.

Having said that, the sight of me at 3 in the morning with no clothes on frightens me, so the zombies would probably just leg it :D

Halcyon
10-05-2005, 10:52
LOL
I guess she wouldnt like the game "Resident Evil" then.

Maybe it is the fact that we see things over time and when we sleep our brain just does this random shuffle of images to pass time as a kind of screensaver of random thought and images from the past.
Its just when you wake up, I normally think....what the hell was all that about.

Mr_love_monkey
10-05-2005, 10:55
I have a recurring dream/nightmare. (actually I have a lot of nightmares fullstop)

Basically it involves my dad turning up on the door step one day (he's been dead 8 years now) - and basically saying that he's not dead, and that it was all a mistake - but there's something 'different' about him - it's hard to put in words what it is, but there's something that has changed about him.
He says that it's something to do with what's in the loft, which in this dream scares me.
So we go up into the loft, and as I open the door and look in (there also appears to be a hole in the roof and I can see the moon through it) something scares me so much that I wake up...

Having said that, the sight of me at 3 in the morning with no clothes on frightens me, so the zombies would probably just leg it :D

or fall about laughing :D

Nugget
10-05-2005, 10:59
<snip>something scares me so much that I wake up...

It's a mirror, isn't it? :D

Seriously, after my granddad died (about 12 years ago), I had a recurring dream (once :p: ) that I used to see him go through a door and I knew that sopmething was going to happen to him, but couldn't do anything about it. Used to really freak me out.

Xaccers
10-05-2005, 11:07
Up until I saw Alien3 I had recurring dreams about aliens, those are my favourite dreams
I have some extremely surreal ones

Halcyon
10-05-2005, 11:11
Maybe you are in fact an alien and are subconsciously making contact. with other aliens.
:)

Nugget
10-05-2005, 11:13
Maybe you are in fact an alien and are subconsciously making contact. with other aliens.

I don't think that there's any maybe about it :D :p:

Xaccers
10-05-2005, 11:22
I don't think that there's any maybe about it :D :p:

I'm watching you all!

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/customavatars/avatar443_1.gifhttp://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/customavatars/avatar443_1.gifhttp://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/customavatars/avatar443_1.gif

Nugget
10-05-2005, 11:29
I'm watching you all!

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/customavatars/avatar443_1.gifhttp://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/customavatars/avatar443_1.gifhttp://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/customavatars/avatar443_1.gif

:Yikes:

:Sprint:

me283
10-05-2005, 12:30
I had a dream the other night that I was eating a giant marshmallow... woke up next morning and my pillow was missing!

homealone
10-05-2005, 12:42
I have a recurring dream that is based on climbing into impossible locations, it is usually some kind of building, although not the same one, apart from being high up - and yes I always fall off ....

Funny - in 'reality' I am fine climbing things & don't get scared of the height, so long as I am holding on - but I get vertigo watching scenes on the TV where people approach the edge of the roof of a skyscraper, for example - in the dream I feel the fear just as I fall, then wake up ....

MovedGoalPosts
10-05-2005, 12:45
I want to know why I had a dream a couple of days ago where I became obsessed with defrosting a giant freezer.

Do I need therapy :erm:

Mr_love_monkey
10-05-2005, 12:46
I have a recurring dream that is based on climbing into impossible locations, it is usually some kind of building, although not the same one, apart from being high up - and yes I always fall off ....

The freudian interpretation would be something to do with erectile problems no doubt :) :p:

homealone
10-05-2005, 13:02
I want to know why I had a dream a couple of days ago where I became obsessed with defrosting a giant freezer.

Do I need therapy :erm:

no - a 'frost free' freezer :p: :D

The freudian interpretation would be something to do with erectile problems no doubt

have to fall off - can't get 'down' any other way, you mean ;)

Maggy
10-05-2005, 13:03
I have one recurring dream which starts with blood splashed across a wall..I wish I knew why..I now wake myself up when it starts.

Another one used to be about me chasing a pram all over the place and never quite catching up to it..I hated that one.

Not had any prophetic ones for ages thank goodness.Not that I knew they were prophetic at the time.I usually discovered they were months after I had them...But that was mostly in my teenage years and and they have decreased as I grew older..Had the last one about two years ago.Always about something inconsequential too. :rolleyes:

Mr_love_monkey
10-05-2005, 13:04
have to fall off - can't get 'down' any other way, you mean ;)

nah, it's was more the 'climbing into impossible locations' bit :p: :)

Halcyon
10-05-2005, 13:43
I once started shouting out as I thought I was being abducted.
That was my most frightening one.
I dreamt that I was actually being pulled out my bed and I couldnt hold on to the bed. This force was pulling me towards the window.
I wanted to shout but no one was coming to rescue me.
It was awful and I remember the following morning people telling me that I was shouting and had woken the house up.

As for other dreams.... I hate it when its a good dream and you just want it to continue and then the alarm clock goes off and you wake up....just when its getting interesting. Its then a puzzle of trying to figure out what it was meant to be.

Chris
10-05-2005, 13:51
I very rarely remember my dreams (I can only assume I even have them any more!). On the rare occasion I do remember them, they are faintly surreal but never nightmarish.

I have more fun hearing Jr. T telling me about his dreams, seeing as he's only two and a half. Talk about surreal ... they always seem to involve his toys coming to life and having conversations with him, or mummy falling down the stairs and Jr having to help cheer her up afterwards. Sometimes he has nightmares and we have to go up to his room to re-settle him. The first time he was able to actually explain to us what the matter was, in a way that we were able to guess he was telling us about a dream and not something that really happened, was heartbreaking. But his language and comprehension is very good for his age and he seemed to be very much reassured when we explained to him that it wasn't real and it had gone away now. :)

Russ
10-05-2005, 13:52
I don't understand people who says dreams mean nothing.

You've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?

Nugget
10-05-2005, 13:58

You've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?

Well, obviously, you wish upon a star :)

Mr_love_monkey
10-05-2005, 14:20
Ok, I'll hold them down, who wants to hit them?

Nugget
10-05-2005, 14:23
Ok, I'll hold them down, who wants to hit them?

In your dreams, sunshine (which is quite apt, when you think about it :p: )

Halcyon
10-05-2005, 14:32
And to think this isnt even a fish thread !!!
you are out doing yourself there Nuggett.

SMHarman
10-05-2005, 15:49
Ok, I'll hold them down, who wants to hit them?you know it will make you happy, you know it will make you strong.

me283
10-05-2005, 16:26

What a pleasant change to see some Happy Talk...

MikeyB
10-05-2005, 17:15
Last one I remember was from a couple of nights ago.

I was Michael Caine, and I was driving along in a Peugeot, don't know what model, but a recent one!
Then I went into a multi-story car park, and driving round there.

Then the dog woke me up (this is a real dog in reality!)

But I do have some real real very odd ones

Xaccers
10-05-2005, 17:58
Talking of dogs, a friend of mine at school had a dream he was french kissing a girl he fancied....then he woke up and got a shock!

Mr_love_monkey
10-05-2005, 18:00
Talking of dogs, a friend of mine at school had a dream he was french kissing a girl he fancied....then he woke up and got a shock!

What? had his giant marshmellow gone too?

Tuftus
10-05-2005, 19:33
I have been having some really vivid ones of late, but half an hour later I cannot rememeber them, I really must put a pen and paper next to the bed and record them as some of them were crackers apparently!!!

Bex
10-05-2005, 19:54
Not had any prophetic ones for ages thank goodness.Not that I knew they were prophetic at the time.I usually discovered they were months after I had them...But that was mostly in my teenage years and and they have decreased as I grew older..Had the last one about two years ago.Always about something inconsequential too. :rolleyes:

prophetic? in that you dreamed something and then it happens?

my recurring dreams normally run along a common theme... the world is being taken over and i have to try and save the world/ save my loved ones... i'm sure freud would say there is some meaning in there somewhere, i.e. i feel i'm constantly trying to save the world.

the other one is that my other half is in a boat in the middle of a lake, the lake is surrounded by trees.... he's in one of those rowing boats but he has dropped the oars into the water and he is drifting further and further away from me and i can't reach him to bring him back to me.... again very freudian.

the other dream is that he dumps me or i find him snogging/in bed with someone else :(

to chris: it seems that women remember their dreams on a better frequency than men..... if you want to remember your dreams, keep a note pad next to the bed and when you wake up write down what you remember and it means you begin to remember them more

Maggy
10-05-2005, 20:07
prophetic? in that you dreamed something and then it happens?

Yep!Don't ask me to explain I can't.It used to freak me out,especially the ones about accidents.The problem as I said was that I didn't know which were the prophetic ones so it was no use as a means of seeing the future.

I know a scientist would pooh pooh it but I'm positive that this has happened to me. :)

Bex
10-05-2005, 20:09
Yep!Don't ask me to explain I can't.It used to freak me out,especially the ones about accidents.The problem as I said was that I didn't know which were the prophetic ones so it was no use as a means of seeing the future.

I know a scientist would pooh pooh it but I'm positive that this has happened to me. :)

the reason i asked was because "prophetic" dreams happen to me too.... and have done ever since i can remember.... as i'm sure you know, some people will pass it off as a feeling as de ju vie (or however it is spelt) but it isn't like that at all. am i right?

Maggy
10-05-2005, 20:12
the reason i asked was because "prophetic" dreams happen to me too.... and have done ever since i can remember.... as i'm sure you know, some people will pass it off as a feeling as de ju vie (or however it is spelt) but it isn't like that at all. am i right?

No it's not.I have seen incidents as dreams like an accident from the top deck of a double decker bus.Then suddenly 6 months later I saw exactly the same scene in reality with the same child knocked down as I saw in my dream...It's quite horrible when it happens.Of course no one believes you. :(

Bex
10-05-2005, 20:14
No it's not.I have seen incidents as dreams like an accident from the top deck of a double decker bus.Then suddenly 6 months later I saw exactly the same scene in reality with the same child knocked down as I saw in my dream...It's quite horrible when it happens.Of course no one believes you. :(

i do totally believe you... it happens to me..... mainly it is to do with people i know, but there have been times it has happened in random situations like the one you describe above.

my mum's friends have made a joke of it most my life, even asking for me to tell them if i dream the lottory results

Halcyon
11-05-2005, 00:42
Wow thats pretty intense that you have these kind of dreams.... I dont know wether its a good thing or a bad thing really.

I have started writing down the first words I remember when I wake up as they do help you to remember the dream later on.