PDA

View Full Version : My modem Event Log

OrangeBattery
08-05-2005, 21:12
I was looking through threads on here today when I saw how to access my modems event log. There seems to be some errors and things in it so I was wondering if someone could just have a look and tell me if its normal. I do lose connection a lot with things like msn messenger but thought it was a problem with the software.

Thanks

homealone
08-05-2005, 21:38
I have 1281 instances of the same error message since Aug 2000 - without any major problems....;)

carlingman
08-05-2005, 22:58
I was looking through threads on here today when I saw how to access my modems event log. There seems to be some errors and things in it so I was wondering if someone could just have a look and tell me if its normal. I do lose connection a lot with things like msn messenger but thought it was a problem with the software.

Thanks

The T3 time outs usually relate to power level problems or a break in service.

Bear in mind as well you will get T3 errors if you switch the modem off as the cable modem will be looking to lock back onto to the upstream.

Can you post the power levels when you get a dropped connection to confirm this as many here will be able to tell if they are ranging out of the desired levels.

When MSN drops do the sync/ready lights go out or flash as well ???

If they do maybe you should call tech support and arrange an Engineer to sort out what looks like ranging power levels.

:D

OrangeBattery
08-05-2005, 23:45
No problem, as soon as it happens again I will post them