PDA

View Full Version : Is ntlworld up to the challenge?

bardofely
19-09-2003, 16:26
I don't know about you but I find the current TV ad for ntlworld Broadband most infuriating when they often run it twice in the same ad break on the Sci-fi Channel and the young woman asks "Are you up to the challenge?" :mad: Well, I know that I am, but I really don't think ntlworld are! What do you all think?

Bard ;)

Chris
19-09-2003, 16:37
With apologies to all those who have had trouble with their BB, or who can't even get BB, I've had it for about 18 months and the two occasions I have had technical issues they have been fixed swiftly and courteously.

I can only speak from personal experience, and in my personal experience yes, they are up to it.

Their adverts are exceedingly irritating though, especially when they play in a loop on the TV guide .:mad:

bardofely
19-09-2003, 17:12
Towny, I'm glad you're getting good service with BB! :) I don't have it & am experiencing an awful lot of trouble with dial-up at getting a connection and staying connected. Well, you could say that the answer is to get BB but my father has this and he has connection problems too a lot of the time and with BB you are supposed to be connected all the time I thought! His experience doesn't inspire me to have much confidence. I sent in a complaint to ntlworld but they haven't done anything yet.

Bard

Shaun
19-09-2003, 23:11
Originally posted by towny
I've had it for about 18 months and the two occasions I have had technical issues they have been fixed swiftly and courteously.

You can go off someone cant you!! :p :)

bardofely
19-09-2003, 23:38
In a word: YES! :D

Bard :)

handyman
19-09-2003, 23:46
Originally posted by bardofely
Towny, I'm glad you're getting good service with BB! :) I don't have it & am experiencing an awful lot of trouble with dial-up at getting a connection and staying connected. Well, you could say that the answer is to get BB but my father has this and he has connection problems too a lot of the time and with BB you are supposed to be connected all the time I thought! His experience doesn't inspire me to have much confidence. I sent in a complaint to ntlworld but they haven't done anything yet.

Bard

hi bard, i have had ntl both as a consumer and as a employee, and now as a ex employee i can only sing its praises, i have 1 meg bb and i am dreading the day i cannot afford to keep it going. Its the dogs bol**x it really is. its like being at work, 24/7 access to the net at a awesome rate and my email is every minute. Even before i was workiing at ntl i got them 10 plus customers by recommending comcast cable (as it was then) to neighbours. now i do see it from both sides but i have had no reason to complain and if it makes me pro ntl then so be it :)

bardofely
19-09-2003, 23:55
Well, Handyman. I'm glad it all works for you! :) Like I said, I used to be pro-ntl too when it started but it's just got worse and worse in my opinion and also my father has BB & he gets problems, so unless there is a conspiracy against people in my family, which in itself would be cause for complaint, I think my ranting thread is justified! :D

Bard :)