PDA

View Full Version : Chim's in Hospital

Paul K
03-05-2005, 22:09
Just thought I would let everyone here know that our very own Chimaera is currently in hospital with suspected appendicitis.
We were refered to the local hospital via her GP and after several hours waiting in A&E (we got there at 12pm) we were finally seen and sent to a ward just after 4pm.
Unfortunately I had to leave hospital at 8pm due to visiting hours ending and we still don't know if they will get round to operating on Chim tonight or if she will be made to wait till tomorrow.
Obviously as soon as we know what is happening we will let you all know. Hopefully Chi will be back home by Friday (she's been told to expect at least 48 hours in hospital after the op) but between now and then I'll try to keep you all informed and I'll copy the thread to my laptop and show her any messages left for her.

JohnHorb
03-05-2005, 22:10
Sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well.

punky
03-05-2005, 22:11
I'm sorry to hear that Paul.... Wish Chim all the best from me, and I hope she's up and around, and feeling great soon.

*hands Paul some virtual grapes for Chim*

gooner4life
03-05-2005, 22:12
Get well soon Chim thoughts are with you mate!!

and Paul, Visiting Hours are for people who dont bend the rules you should have said you were staying until you know whats going on ;)

Graham M
Aww well send my best wishes!

paulyoung666
all the best for her from me and allie as well , just make sure all the washing and ironing is done before she comes home ;) :D :D :D

Paul K
03-05-2005, 22:18
all the best for her from me and allie as well , just make sure all the washing and ironing is done before she comes home ;) :D :D :D
Believe it or not she hates me ironing but that's tomorrows task before heading back to hospital again;)
I'll be calling the hospital soon for an update so I'll let you all know if she's going under the knife tonight. I would have stayed tonight but I was banished to feed the dog before we got complaints left around the house :Yikes:

MetaWraith
03-05-2005, 22:21
Here's wishing her all the best.

Hope it's a clean hosp and not a dreaded MSRA infected one.

gooner4life
03-05-2005, 22:21
Im sure she will be fit as a fiddle in no time, just remember that its not done with once shes home, the healing process is where she will need you the most, but im sure you know that already! :tu: I'm sure I speak for us all when I say to send her our love and best wishes.

homealone
03-05-2005, 22:23
aww - thanks for thinking of us & letting us know, Paul, no fun eh :(

- I will be thinking of both of you, but Chim, especially, of course :tu:

Raistlin
03-05-2005, 22:26
Sorry to here that Paul, best wishes to Chim give her a big hug from all of us.

We could do with a Get Well Soon smiley but there isn't one so I guess this will have to do instead :ghugs:

Russ
03-05-2005, 22:28
Hope she's ok and tell her Russ wants picture of the scar if they need to operate :D

Mal
03-05-2005, 22:29
Send my best wishes too. I hope she's back soon.

bb31
03-05-2005, 22:30
all the best, get well soon xxx

Tuftus
03-05-2005, 22:31
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, I have had that and I feel her pain.

AndrewJ
03-05-2005, 22:32
All the best Chim hun, thinking of you :)

Raistlin
03-05-2005, 22:34
It's times like this that it occurs to me that it would be so much nicer if we all lived near each other. We could have a whip round for some flowers then.

Never mind, these'll do:

dilli-theclaw
03-05-2005, 22:35
Buxom Woman and I send our wishes too.

Ramrod
03-05-2005, 22:38
Get well soon Chim! :tu: :)

Where is she......Romford?

gary_580
03-05-2005, 22:42
sorry to hear that Paul, hope she gets sorted quick.

Tell Chim she needs to pass all the chocolate to me and eat grass to get the appendix working again

MetaWraith
03-05-2005, 22:42
It's times like this that it occurs to me that it would be so much nicer if we all lived near each other. We could have a whip round for some flowers then.

Never mind, these'll do:

Hmmm let's see, paul prints out the pic, sticks it onto some stiff card,adds a cross piece as base and voila, flowers in the ward.

Raistlin
03-05-2005, 22:46
Hmmm let's see, paul prints out the pic, sticks it onto some stiff card,adds a cross piece as base and voila, flowers in the ward.

Nice one, that's that sorted then.......

All we need now is some grapes (or a fruit basket).....

And maybe something like this (which probably won't work at all when printed :dunce: ) :

Paul K
03-05-2005, 22:49

Never mind, these'll do:

Nah, Paul will take a copy of the thread to hospital on his laptop so that Chim can read all the well wishes herself and comment on them ;) I'm sure it will help cheer her up tomorrow :)
As to her where-abouts, yep she's in Romford (http://www.bhrhospitals.nhs.uk/hospital/och.jsp) and yes if you remember a certain Trevor McDonald programme on MRSA you may well recognise the hospital :erm:

Stephen
03-05-2005, 22:52
Get well soon Chim.

Ramrod
03-05-2005, 22:56
As to her where-abouts, yep she's in Romford (http://www.bhrhospitals.nhs.uk/hospital/och.jsp) and yes if you remember a certain Trevor McDonald programme on MRSA you may well recognise the hospital :erm:I know it well, I'll never forget it :(

On the plus side, there is a free car park opposite it that you can usually find a spot in.....

gary_580
03-05-2005, 22:59
I know it well, I'll never forget it :(

On the plus side, there is a free car park opposite it that you can usually find a spot in.....

Well theres a bonus :rolleyes:

Paul K
03-05-2005, 23:02
Well, just called the hospital and they are still hoping to take her to theatre tonight :( If they don't then Chi will have to wait till tomorrow by which time she may have been nil-by-mouth for 24 hours and no doubt will have spent the night in considerable pain and discomfort :(
I'll call back again later but somehow I think she will need this thread to cheer her up tomorrow.
Oh and the ward she is on has a "No fresh flowers" policy as they have a lot of patients with respitory ailments etc. Looks like the card and messages will have to suffice.

I know it well, I'll never forget it :(

Well theres a bonus :rolleyes:Since the hospital carpark can hold about 50 cars at a stretch anything is a bonus ;) We ended up being dropped off by daughter number one who then had to walk back to the hospital from where she had managed to park (about a mile away) :(

Ramrod
03-05-2005, 23:03
Well theres a bonus :rolleyes:When you have parked in as many hospitals as I have, as many times as I have then believe me, every little counts :shrug:

yesman
03-05-2005, 23:03
Paul, please pass on my best wishes to Chim for a speedy recovery.

Thanks.

gary_580
03-05-2005, 23:05
When you have parked in as many hospitals as I have, as many times as I have then believe me, every little counts :shrug:

You dont have to go to hospital to play patience :D

my point was more that id prefer not to have to park in the first place.

greencreeper
03-05-2005, 23:06
Hope she gets better soon. I think they do it via keyhole surgery these days - dead simple, even the cleaner could do it.

Paul K
03-05-2005, 23:14
Hope she gets better soon. I think they do it via keyhole surgery these days - dead simple, even the cleaner could do it.
Don't bl**dy well tempt them, I'm still hoping they take her down to theatre tonight but they don't like operating after midnight unless it's life and death (due to fatigue etc on theatre staff possibly leading to complications) so I'm not holding out much chance of that happening. As soon as I know anything else I'll post here and let you all know.
I'm sure she'll do it herself as soon as she gets near a keyboard but for now I'll thank you all for your thoughts and wishes :tu:

greencreeper
03-05-2005, 23:20
Well of course the cleaner won't do it - aren't enough of them to spare :D

I'm sure she'll be fine.

Silent Wings
03-05-2005, 23:40
Give her my best wishes................get well soon Chim

Seti
03-05-2005, 23:42
awwww poor chim, get well soon hon and make Paul bring you in lots of choccie and um fruit so the staff no complain :)

:hugs:

Sian

danielf
03-05-2005, 23:55
Sorry to hear that Paul. I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Stuart
04-05-2005, 00:20
Don't bl**dy well tempt them, I'm still hoping they take her down to theatre tonight but they don't like operating after midnight unless it's life and death (due to fatigue etc on theatre staff possibly leading to complications) so I'm not holding out much chance of that happening. As soon as I know anything else I'll post here and let you all know.
I'm sure she'll do it herself as soon as she gets near a keyboard but for now I'll thank you all for your thoughts and wishes :tu:

You mean they haven't got those combined internet/phone/TV/radio terminals by each bed that seem to charge £10 a day? They did in my mum's hospital. Guess who paid for it?

Anyway, Chi, hope you get well soon. Hope that hospital isn't that bad.

Paul K
04-05-2005, 00:32
Quick update, just contacted the hospital again and Chim was taken down to theatre at around 11pm so hopefully she'll be back in her ward and fast asleep within the next hour or so :) If I don't hear anything else before I go to bed I'll be assuming that all went well with the op :tu:

ikthius
04-05-2005, 00:33
Paul, wish chim luck for me, and I hope she gets well soon.

take a bottle of Lucozade in to her for me!?

GET WELL SOON CHIM!

ik

Stuart
04-05-2005, 00:35
Quick update, just contacted the hospital again and Chim was taken down to theatre at around 11pm so hopefully she'll be back in her ward and fast asleep within the next hour or so :) If I don't hear anything else before I go to bed I'll be assuming that all went well with the op :tu:

Sent my PM before I saw your post.

Hope all does go well.

nffc
04-05-2005, 01:11
Aww... get well soon :)

Halcyon
04-05-2005, 01:14
I wish Chim all the best and a speedy recovery. Thanks for letting us know about her progress. I wish you both good luck and hope all goes well.
Message to Chimaera:

We need you back on this board ASAP so I wish you a quick recovery and all the best. Hang in there and see you on the forums again soon.

kronas
04-05-2005, 01:31
Just thought I would let everyone here know that our very own Chimaera is currently in hospital with suspected appendicitis.
We were refered to the local hospital via her GP and after several hours waiting in A&E (we got there at 12pm) we were finally seen and sent to a ward just after 4pm.
Unfortunately I had to leave hospital at 8pm due to visiting hours ending and we still don't know if they will get round to operating on Chim tonight or if she will be made to wait till tomorrow.
Obviously as soon as we know what is happening we will let you all know. Hopefully Chi will be back home by Friday (she's been told to expect at least 48 hours in hospital after the op) but between now and then I'll try to keep you all informed and I'll copy the thread to my laptop and show her any messages left for her.

:( please wish her a speedy recovery and i hope to hear from her soon chim if your reading this then what i really meant was i dont care :p: :D ;) seriously though im rooting for you :)

Paul
04-05-2005, 01:40
Ouch, memories. :(

I had this in 1978 (when I was 15) - and had to have it removed.

Get Well Soon :)

homealone
04-05-2005, 01:45

me too - she will probably have a better nights sleep than you ;)

handyman
04-05-2005, 01:51
hope the op goes ok, get well soon chim

nffc
04-05-2005, 02:19
Ouch, memories. :(

I had this in 1978 (when I was 15) - and had to have it removed.

Get Well Soon :)
I've never had it... what are teh symptoms?

Paul
04-05-2005, 02:35
I've never had it... what are teh symptoms?PAIN :cry:

daxx
04-05-2005, 03:09
Get well soon Chim

http://bigskycandy.com/Chocolate10medd.jpg

swoop101
04-05-2005, 05:58
Get well soon Chim, at least when you get home you can spend lots of time on here.

Paul K
04-05-2005, 08:27
Just got off the phone to the hospital, (rang several times last night but up till 3am she was still not back on the ward after being taken to theatre) and Chim is fast asleep at the moment (lucky her :p: ) and is sleeping off the anaesthetic. I'm hoping to be allowed in to see her this morning before visiting hours actually begin since no-one was allowed to stay with her last night :( Will let you all know how she is later when she wakes up.

allieyoung666
04-05-2005, 08:48
Ahhhh I hope it went well and there were no complications. Tell her we are all thinking of her. Any luck she sould be home in a couple of days. Tell her to take it easy and to let you do all the housework. No heavy lifting for 6 weeks!!!

Electrolyte01
04-05-2005, 08:57
Hope she gets better soon :(

Bifta
04-05-2005, 09:00
Just got off the phone to the hospital, (rang several times last night but up till 3am she was still not back on the ward after being taken to theatre) and Chim is fast asleep at the moment (lucky her :p: ) and is sleeping off the anaesthetic. I'm hoping to be allowed in to see her this morning before visiting hours actually begin since no-one was allowed to stay with her last night :( Will let you all know how she is later when she wakes up.

Here's Bifta finding the thread after all the excitement is over. Wish her all the best Paul, you do realise that for the next few weeks you're going to be her domestic slave?

Paul K
04-05-2005, 09:27
Ahhhh I hope it went well and there were no complications. Tell her we are all thinking of her. Any luck she sould be home in a couple of days. Tell her to take it easy and to let you do all the housework. No heavy lifting for 6 weeks!!!
How much does an iron weigh these days? :angel: ;)

Here's Bifta finding the thread after all the excitement is over. Wish her all the best Paul, you do realise that for the next few weeks you're going to be her domestic slave?
Better late than never ;) Next few weeks? If I'm lucky I'll get away with that :disturbd:
Must remember to save this thread onto the laptop later this morning :D

Nugget
04-05-2005, 09:45
Yep, wish Chim all the best from me as well matey :tu:

Mrs Nug had to have an op in the day surgery about 5 weeks ago, and I'm still doing the ironing - not sure how that works :disturbd:

Just make sure that she takes it steady, and she'll be up and about in no time (unlike Mrs Nug :D )

All the best!

Neil
04-05-2005, 09:46
Sorry to come to this late Paul, all the best to Chim & you. :tu:

Ramrod
04-05-2005, 09:55
How is she this morning?

andyl
04-05-2005, 10:40
Better late than....... all the best for a quick recovery Chim, you're one of the good gals. But while you're there could you find out just how hard it is to keep a hospital clean. You see I keep seeing these posters..... (and thinking on, will you lose your vote - sure other things on your mind but just occurred to me)

Take care of her and yourself Paul.

One last question. What's "ironing"?

marina
04-05-2005, 10:54
Only just got the message too :cry:

Since you can't have fresh flowers on the ward....... thought this might be more useful......

http://www.screamingmiranda.com/firstaid.jpg

Miss you and love you elaine :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :kiss:

Paul K
04-05-2005, 10:54
How is she this morning?
Well I would let you know but the hospital number is busy for the ward but she was sleeping off the anaesthetic when I rang this morning (and when her mum rang the hospital and when her daughter rang too ;) ) as soon as I hear anything I'll post back here.
Finally got through to the ward and Chim is resting comfortably at the moment, as far as the ward staff are aware the operation went well and hopefully Chim will be awake and feeling a lot better this afternoon. I'll make sure I have an up to date copy of the thread to show her while I'm there ;)
Time to grab a couple of hours on my revision :disturbd:

Millay
04-05-2005, 12:14
Good to hear it paul, wish her well for me, She will likly still be suffering the effects of the anesthetic when you see her, so be prepeared for some off the wall conversations.

Dont forget the bottle of loucozade... .

Oh and perhpas now is the time for you to suggest getting a cleaner in for a few hours a week....

Salu
04-05-2005, 12:18
I wish her well in her recovery Paul

Salu

orangebird
04-05-2005, 12:22
Glad all is ok. :hugs:

Paul K
04-05-2005, 12:26
Good to hear it paul, wish her well for me, She will likly still be suffering the effects of the anesthetic when you see her, so be prepared for some off the wall conversations.

Dont forget the bottle of loucozade... .

Oh and perhpas now is the time for you to suggest getting a cleaner in for a few hours a week....
A cleaner? You haven't met our very strong willed Chim have you? ;) The hoover has already been rolled around the house and ironing has already been started on so that it's all gone by Friday so she has no temptation put in her way :erm: The lucozade is chilling in the fridge alongside the bottle of squash she requested and the magazines and paper are in a bag on the side ready to go ;) If nothing I am organised at time :p:

gary_580
04-05-2005, 13:21
If nothing I am organised at time :p:

or scared ;)

Hopes she's feeling better now. At least the pavements in P'boro are safe for a while :D

Ramrod
04-05-2005, 13:27
Finally got through to the ward and Chim is resting comfortably at the moment, as far as the ward staff are aware the operation went well and hopefully Chim will be awake and feeling a lot better this afternoon. :tu: Time to grab a couple of hours on my revision :disturbd:What are you revising? :dunce:

gary_580
04-05-2005, 13:28
:tu: What are you revising? :dunce:

Housework for dummies :D

Paul K
04-05-2005, 13:29
Finally got through to the ward and Chim is resting comfortably at the moment, as far as the ward staff are aware the operation went well and hopefully Chim will be awake and feeling a lot better this afternoon. :tu: Time to grab a couple of hours on my revision :disturbd:What are you revising? :dunce:
Currently revising for the first two exams in my MCSE block. Nothing earth shattering but lots of notes and folders to read :erm:

swoop101
04-05-2005, 13:33

I'll do it for you Paul :D

Download Failed (1) Download Failed (1) Download Failed (1)

Paul K
04-05-2005, 14:24

I'll do it for you Paul :D

Download Failed (1) Download Failed (1) Download Failed (1)
Don't worry... it's advanced housework for Dummies :p: :p: All I have to do is work out how to open the book properly...... ;)

homealone
04-05-2005, 14:29
Don't worry... it's advanced housework for Dummies :p: :p: All I have to do is work out how to open the book properly...... ;)

it is specially designed so it will only open if you are wearing Marigolds ;)

- give her my best wishes for a speedy recovery when you see her, Paul :tu:

Chris
04-05-2005, 14:36
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Elaine - we want to see lots of you on the forum when you're back home with your feet up relaxing, and a lot less of Paul as he will be too busy keeping house. :p: ;)

bmxbandit
04-05-2005, 14:39
oop, only just seen this... best wishes, get well soon! i'm sure you'll be back up and posting in no time :D

:hugs:

Shaun
04-05-2005, 15:06
Have sent Paul a PM but I thought I'd best get in on the act here too!

Hugs and snuggles Elaine. :kiss:

Bex
04-05-2005, 19:51
best wishes to chimmy.... hope she feels better soon. big :hugs: to her

Paul K
04-05-2005, 20:34
Well I've not long returned from the hospital and now that the dog is placated with food I can sit down for a minute and post while I'm waiting for the oven to heat up.
The surgeon has assessed Chims' recovery and has told her that all being well she should be home some time tomorrow. Obviously we don't have an exact time but I'm hoping that by 2pm tomorrow she'll be home sitting on the sofa with her feet up catching up with this thread properly on the laptop.
At the moment she's still in a bit of pain and discomfort as the anaesthetic has worn off and she can feel everything again but that's only to be expected and we're hopeful that she'll be home as soon as she's finished dinner (some sort of beef caserole tomorrow so she's refusing to budge till after that :p: ).
As soon as she's able I'm sure she'll pop in to thank you all for your messages and thoughts :tu:

homealone
04-05-2005, 20:43
Well I've not long returned from the hospital and now that the dog is placated with food I can sit down for a minute and post while I'm waiting for the oven to heat up.
The surgeon has assessed Chims' recovery and has told her that all being well she should be home some time tomorrow. Obviously we don't have an exact time but I'm hoping that by 2pm tomorrow she'll be home sitting on the sofa with her feet up catching up with this thread properly on the laptop.
At the moment she's still in a bit of pain and discomfort as the anaesthetic has worn off and she can feel everything again but that's only to be expected and we're hopeful that she'll be home as soon as she's finished dinner (some sort of beef caserole tomorrow so she's refusing to budge till after that :p: ).
As soon as she's able I'm sure she'll pop in to thank you all for your messages and thoughts :tu:

- just glad she is ok, Paul, as I'm sure you are, although I bet you won't really relax until she is home :)

:rofl: at the beef casserole - you havn't been forcing her to go veggie, have you :p: :D

Mick
04-05-2005, 20:50
Wow, sorry for my lateness to this thread Paul & Chim.

Best Wishes to you both and a speedy recovery to Chim.

Mick. XXX

P.S I've stuck the thread. So others can find it easily and can keep uptodate with updates from Paul.

Maggy
04-05-2005, 21:17
Give her a load of :hugs: from me( but gently).

:D

MetaWraith
04-05-2005, 21:42
Once Chim is feeling better and is up and around I wouldnt be suprised if you get hints about a trip to paris
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1375187.html

Paul K
04-05-2005, 21:56
Once Chim is feeling better and is up and around I wouldnt be suprised if you get hints about a trip to paris
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1375187.html
We're still eating chocolate from Xmas and Easter lol. Mind you I think she may need some choccy to keep her energy up while she reads all the way through her thread ;)
Oh well, time to get some more ironing done, looks like we chose the wrong weekend to leave the ironing till Monday night :disturbd:

Ramrod
04-05-2005, 22:02
Make sure she is properly hydrated as she will have lost some blood during the op................

Marge
04-05-2005, 22:08
Poor Chimmy, hope you feel better soon chuck, so sorry I missed this thread as I had to go to bed being very jet lagged. Make sure you make the most of Paul tending to your every need ;) don't rush back to work too soon and enjoy the afternoons tucked up in bed scoffing chocolates while watching Murder She Wrote and Dr Phil :tu: :hugs:

allieyoung666
04-05-2005, 22:13
I thought she would be trying to escape, before lunch. Tell her I miss her as I need her girlie support as soon as please!!

MadGamer
04-05-2005, 22:27
Hope you feel better soon Chimaera :). My parents had to have theirs out as well, so your not the only one. Hope you feel better soon.

Wayne
xxx

allieyoung666
04-05-2005, 22:35
I have had mine out and I have got the scar to prove it, every time I show it they say' did a butcher perfom on you'. Take it easy chim, Make sure Paul does everything and I mean everything!!!!!

Stuart
04-05-2005, 22:46
<snip>

Chi's had hospital food before, and she wants more? :Yikes:

Paul K
04-05-2005, 22:47
Make sure she is properly hydrated as she will have lost some blood during the op................
She was on a drip most of the morning and went through quite a few bags of fluids. I'll let her fill you in on the actual ammounts tomorrow ;)

Ramrod
05-05-2005, 00:17
She was on a drip most of the morning and went through quite a few bags of fluids.Good, she should be all right then :)

Raistlin
05-05-2005, 00:26
Glad to hear that Chim's on the mend Paul, go get some rest yourself - it's often the carers that neglect themselves worrying about other people.

carlingman
05-05-2005, 01:15
Late in on this one but all the best Chim for a speedy recovery.

:D

Paul K
05-05-2005, 11:04
Just a quick update, we've just been contacted by the hospital to tell us that Chi is able to come home as soon as we can get over there to pick her up. Just waiting for the transport to arrive (Chims' mum demanded the roll lol) and we'll be off to get her :)
No doubt at some point this afternoon she'll get a minutes peace from the phone and text messages and will post to let you all know how she is ;)

altis
05-05-2005, 11:17
Home in time to vote :p

That is good news. Best wishes for the recovery.

Chimaera
05-05-2005, 13:47
Wow!! Thanks so much to everyone for their good wishes and virtual hugs, flowers and fruit! I'm back to a lovely clean house with endless cups of tea and food laid on as well - I should be ill more often!
The hospital (Oldchurch in Romford) was one of the worst ones in the recent MRSA reports but they have certainly cleaned things up now thank goodness. The food was quite good and I missed the Loyd Grossman beef stew at lunchtime but it's good to be home!
And for the technically minded I had 5 litres of saline (as I was dehydrated to start with), had the op at 11.30 on the Tuesday evening and was back on the ward at 2.30 (I take ages to go under an aneasthetic and even longer to come out of it). I also had a Voltarol drip :D which was very good at getting rid of the pain, but I think that the local anaesthetic they left in the wound before they closed it up also had something to do with it! AndI haven't got any external stitches to remove, just steri strips which I can take off in a couple of days. I'd post a pic of the wound on here just for Russ but I don't think it would look that nice!
Once again thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and good wishes - just goes to show what a lovely forum we have! A big :ghugs: to everyone! And of course an even bigger one for Paul :kiss: :romance:

gary_580
05-05-2005, 13:51
Glad to see your back home and on the way to recovery.

Dont read the joke or funny video threads, dont want you spliting your sides literally

andyl
05-05-2005, 13:52
Glad all's well Chim. Enjoy that recovery period!

Ramrod
05-05-2005, 14:02
:tu: :)

Stuart
05-05-2005, 14:03
Chi, glad to see you are well... Enjoy the time off as much as you can!

Halcyon
05-05-2005, 14:06
Yey !!! Nice to see you are back. :)

dilli-theclaw
05-05-2005, 14:08
Welcome back indeedy :) :ghugs::waving::hugs::hyper:

homealone
05-05-2005, 14:17
ah bless - I bet the dog was pleased to see you ;)

- make sure you take it easy, though :tu:

nffc
05-05-2005, 14:48
Welcome back- be sure to rest for a while, let the wound heal itself.

Chimaera
05-05-2005, 14:54
Yeah Gaz - the dog had to be restrained until I had got in the house! And it's only since I've been typing I've realised how nasty those venflon things are - they waited until I was unconscious before they put the huge man sized one in!! I preferred the little one they started off with, but I looked like spaghetti junction by the time they'd finished! And they won't take them out until you have had your discharge letter signed by the doctor 'just in case'. In case of what I wonder? :rofl:

kronas
05-05-2005, 15:01
glad your back miss as you already know :kiss:

Millay
05-05-2005, 15:25
Good to hear your on the mend, can i just remind you that.. you really need to rest for the next few weeks, no matter how much temptation.. just doing a little bit will only get you in trouble :D

Chimaera
05-05-2005, 15:27
Good to hear your on the mend, can i just remind you that.. you really need to rest for the next few weeks, no matter how much temptation.. just doing a little bit will only get you in trouble :D
Blimey - are you psychic or something? I was just sitting here (Paul's nipped out and I'm home alone) and I was just thinking.......maybe I could sit and iron...but thanks to your intervention, I might not now! :)

paulyoung666
05-05-2005, 15:31
Blimey - are you psychic or something? I was just sitting here (Paul's nipped out and I'm home alone) and I was just thinking.......maybe I could sit and iron...but thanks to your intervention, I might not now! :)

hey :welcome: back , and put that bloody iron down :mad: :D :D :D

Nugget

Blimey! You wouldn't mind having a word with Mrs Nug for me, would you ;)

Seriously ( :Yikes: ), just take it easy for a while - if things don't get done, thenjust lob things at Pauls head until he does them :D

Stu038
Sorry I didn't catch with this earlier but I'm glad to see your home and on the mend now.

The food was quite good and I missed the Loyd Grossman beef stew at lunchtime but it's good to be home!

When I was in the Leicester General few weeks back the buggers starved me for 36 hours and then kicked me out just before lunch.

Chris
05-05-2005, 15:33
Welcome back Elaine, glad to hear all went ok... :)

Paul K
05-05-2005, 17:11

Blimey! You wouldn't mind having a word with Mrs Nug for me, would you ;)

Seriously ( :Yikes: ), just take it easy for a while - if things don't get done, thenjust lob things at Pauls head until he does them :D
Shut it you ;) Things will not be "lobbed" at my head due to someone being told not to lift anything heavy so the worst I'll get for two weeks is the occasional pillow beating :p:

AndrewJ
05-05-2005, 17:23
Well chim welcome back, one thing now you can moan at him to finally let you buy those 500quid Gucci shoes or that nice new convertable beemer :D

punky
05-05-2005, 18:00
Glad to see you back happy and well Chim :)

paulyoung666
05-05-2005, 18:13
maybe its time to change the tread title to ' chim's back at home and lazeing it up while paul does the housework ' :D :D :D :D

allieyoung666
05-05-2005, 19:29
STAND AWAY FROM THE IRON!!!!! No nice to see you home, now just chill and be glad you are home and get cracking that whip girl!!!!!

greencreeper
05-05-2005, 19:37
<snip>I also had a Voltarol drip
I think I had that in tablet form when I was laid low with a bad headache (the sort where you want to end it all) :erm: Twas very effective.

Glad you're on the mend :)

Chimaera
05-05-2005, 19:38
Cheers for that Andrew, I'd rather have a pair of Timberlands and a TVR though! And I did sit at the ironing board for a little while when Paul was out and I'm suffering for it now! So it's Voltarol and orange juce with Footballer's Wives for me this evening (if I stay awake that long!)

AndrewJ
05-05-2005, 20:18
Tut tut Chimmy, TVR though make is a Speed12 eh ;)

Paul K
05-05-2005, 20:25
Tut tut Chimmy, TVR though make is a Speed12 eh ;)
Do we get that in English too?? :p:
Or did you mean to make sure it's a Cerbera Speed12 (http://www.speed12.info/)? ;)

Chimaera
05-05-2005, 20:27
I'd settle for a nice Sagaris - suppose I'll just end up mastering the remote controlled DB9 his Mum bought me for Christmas, instead! :D
In my slippers of course, can't see a nice elegant pair of shoes going too well with my Reebok joggers (Only cos jeans are too painful to zip up at the moment!) :erm:

AndrewJ
05-05-2005, 20:29
Do we get that in English too?? :p:
Or did you mean to make sure it's a Cerbera Speed12 (http://www.speed12.info/)? ;)

English??

Sorry I generally speak that before I have had 4 vodka and cokes... ( yes there is coke in this glass somewhere... honestly..)

homealone
05-05-2005, 20:38
I'd settle for a nice Sagaris - suppose I'll just end up mastering the remote controlled DB9 his Mum bought me for Christmas, instead! :D
In my slippers of course, can't see a nice elegant pair of shoes going too well with my Reebok joggers (Only cos jeans are too painful to zip up at the moment!) :erm:

nothing wrong with a nice slob about in comfy joggers & slippers - it's wearing them down the pub that might attract a few glances :)

I clicked on that link of Paul's to the speed 12 site, twice, just to hear the engine sound, again :drool:

MetaWraith
05-05-2005, 20:55
STAND AWAY FROM THE IRON!!!!! No nice to see you home, now just chill and be glad you are home and get cracking that whip girl!!!!!

Don't forget to take copious quantities of pics while you do that. They'll be so useful later on when he slackens off. Just imagine yourself saying "Do it! Or i'll post THAT PIC that on the forum." ;)

Glad you're back, safe and sound. Thinking of it, the NHS probably turfed you out, just so's you could vote today.

Chimaera
05-05-2005, 21:00
Don't forget to take copious quantities of pics while you do that. They'll be so useful later on when he slackens off. Just imagine yourself saying "Do it! Or i'll post THAT PIC that on the forum." ;)

Glad you're back, safe and sound. Thinking of it, the NHS probably turfed you out, just so's you could vote today.
Well I did vote - but not for someone they would want me to! :LOL: And the camera is at the ready for when he dons the stripey pinny again! :Yikes:

MadGamer
05-05-2005, 21:51
Hello Chim, nice to see you back on the forums, hope you make a speedy recovery.

allieyoung666
05-05-2005, 22:02
Make sure you get a picture for me!!!!

bopdude
06-05-2005, 00:38
'kin work :mad: sorry i missed this thrad alltogether Chim / paul, hope all is well, didn't couldn't sift all these posts in my tired state, seriously though, hope all is well

x x x x

And the kisses are for Chim, :erm: sorry Paul ;)

carlingman
06-05-2005, 00:45
:wavey: Welcome back Chim.

:tu:

marina
06-05-2005, 14:09

I would have thought hanky panky would be off the to do list for a while :naughty: ;)
Which reminds me...... Elaine.....you've got your own Sticky!! How cool is that! ;) :D

Chimaera
06-05-2005, 14:13
Hanky panky has not even crossed my mind - strange I know! Let's hope it's a side effect of all the stuff they gave me while I was in hospital, and that normal service will be resumed soon! :LOL: :naughty:
Yes and a sticky thread too - I'm so touched you wouldn't believe it! :cry:

marina
06-05-2005, 14:20
Hanky panky has not even crossed my mind - strange I know! Let's hope it's a side effect of all the stuff they gave me while I was in hospital, and that normal service will be resumed soon! :LOL: :naughty:
Yes and a sticky thread too - I'm so touched you wouldn't believe it! :cry:

....... and i'm sure when you're feeling up to it....... you'll be back to being touched in other ways i wouldn't believe :naughty:
Or maybe i would ;)

Shaun
06-05-2005, 15:06
....... and i'm sure when you're feeling up to it....... you'll be back to being touched in other ways i wouldn't believe :naughty:
Or maybe i would ;)

M, you get worse as the months progress.......................and we love it ;) :p:

Chimaera
06-05-2005, 15:39
I'm sure I'll love it!!! :naughty: :LOL:

Mr_love_monkey
06-05-2005, 15:42
If cableforum was a book..... and this thread was at the back... would that make it an appendix?

OK, I'm sorry, but Nuggets been quiet, someone has to step up for these things :)

marina
06-05-2005, 16:21
M, you get worse as the months progress.......................and we love it ;) :p:

I blame the drugs myself...... 14 tablets since i got up this morning, having stayed up watching the election till 5am :zzz:

Or........ it could just be down to a quirk of nature ;)

If cableforum was a book..... and this thread was at the back... would that make it an appendix?

OK, I'm sorry, but Nuggets been quiet, someone has to step up for these things :)

If this thread was at the back and it continues in this fashion and gets pulled....... it would end up spineless....... a bit like some of the...... oh never mind ;)

Matth
07-05-2005, 23:27
I wonder what's changed since mine - a good few years ago now, and they did it with six stitches and a covering film - left practically no scar, are they still using that?

Chimaera
08-05-2005, 17:03
I wonder what's changed since mine - a good few years ago now, and they did it with six stitches and a covering film - left practically no scar, are they still using that?
Nope - no external stitches, just internal ones then steristrips over the wound and covered with a dressing - if I think it looks ok, tomorrow I can shower the steristrips off! :Yikes: It looks pretty horrible now, think I'll have an escort in the bathroom for the unveiling, I'm the most squeamish person I know! :rofl: (And a First Aider at work!)

paulyoung666
08-05-2005, 17:07
Nope - no external stitches, just internal ones then steristrips over the wound and covered with a dressing - if I think it looks ok, tomorrow I can shower the steristrips off! :Yikes: It looks pretty horrible now, think I'll have an escort in the bathroom for the unveiling, I'm the most squeamish person I know! :rofl: (And a First Aider at work!)

give the steristrips a good soaking , and whatever you do , DO NOT pull at them if they wont let go easily :)

Chimaera
08-05-2005, 17:14
give the steristrips a good soaking , and whatever you do , DO NOT pull at them if they wont let go easily :)
If they don't fall off then they stay put!!! I'm not touching anything like that - God how was I ever brave enough to give birth to two children? :rofl:

allieyoung666
08-05-2005, 18:34
If they don't fall off then they stay put!!! I'm not touching anything like that - God how was I ever brave enough to give birth to two children? :rofl:

I know what you mean. Its like those canula plasters we put on, I hate pulling them of as it is like giving a person a brazillian even if they did not want one!!!! Get some nice bath oil, and a nice hot bath, soak and gently tease when you are in the bath, that way they come off pain free, just dont let paul do them as they bleedin knack when men do them!!!