PDA

View Full Version : My HSBC Account

MadGamer
29-04-2005, 16:59
I recently set up internet banking online, and needed a security PIN number, so i phoned CS and sorted that out, but the guy on the phone said to me that you cannot use Internet banking untill you recieve your card through the post. So when i got off of the phone to CS i entered my PIN and proceeded. I then saw my ID appear on the screen, and then started to think. Is the Banking ID on the Card going to be different to the one on screen?

Russ
29-04-2005, 17:05
To use HSBC's online banking you need a 9 digit code starting with IB (ie IB456732465). If you can use it without that code then I have no idea what happened for you...

MadGamer
29-04-2005, 17:07
To use HSBC's online banking you need a 9 digit code starting with IB (ie IB456732465). If you can use it without that code then I have no idea what happened for you...

I have the ID and the PIN, what im saying is, what are the chances the IB ID going to be different on the card than the one i used that appeared on my screen?

paulyoung666
29-04-2005, 17:21
if the royal bank of scotland is anything to go by , the pin you use at a cashpoint is different to the pin you use on the internet , i suppose you could set them to be the same and cant see it causing any problems :erm: :D , then of course i could have completely misunderstood you and if so , disregard all of the above :disturbd: :D :D :D

shredder
29-04-2005, 17:22
I had the same thing happen to me, you can access your account without the IB number you just enter your pin, D.O.B and acc number and the IB number appears on screen (I never remember my IB number. I just enter the above info each time i access my account) both the one I got on screen and the card i recieved in the post have identical numbers.

MadGamer
29-04-2005, 18:31
I had the same thing happen to me, you can access your account without the IB number you just enter your pin, D.O.B and acc number and the IB number appears on screen (I never remember my IB number. I just enter the above info each time i access my account) both the one I got on screen and the card i recieved in the post have identical numbers. Ok then thanks

shredder
29-04-2005, 18:32
that's ok, sorry about the poor grammar, it probably took you a few read throughs to get what i was saying!