PDA

View Full Version : Start spreading the news !!!

Marge
28-04-2005, 15:21
I'm leaving tomorrow

for New York!!!!!

Got the suckie sweets, dollars and a good book packed, leave at 9am from Manchester via Paris to JFK and then back on Wednesday afternoon !!!!

Please don't have any revolutions while I'm away, behave yourselves and if I don't come back, then keep up the "lads you lust over" thread on the boil please girls ;)

Bloomingdale, Saks, Tiffanys and Macys here I come :erm:

paulyoung666
28-04-2005, 15:26
lucky you , just remember to 'lose' any packaging from any expensive bits of electronic equipment you buy ;) , enjoy , make sure you get some photo's :tu:

punky
28-04-2005, 15:40
I hope you have a really wonderful time, have a nice r&r (rest & retail therapy).

Just don't fall in love with the place we want you back. :)

allieyoung666
28-04-2005, 15:48
Have a nice time marge, dont forget to go to bloomingdales and Tiffany for me!!!

Marge
28-04-2005, 15:49
Oh, forgot to say I've got Monkeybreath and Jimbo packed in there as well so no help on the forums for a few days :erm:

Chris W
28-04-2005, 15:52
Oh, forgot to say I've got Monkeybreath and Jimbo packed in there as well so no help on the forums for a few days :erm:

:hyper: Auntie Marge is taking us on holiday :hyper:

:D

Stuart
28-04-2005, 15:52
Marge, have a goooooddd time...

dilli-theclaw
28-04-2005, 15:53
I'm already missing you :bigcry:- have a nice time. :tu::)

gooner4life
28-04-2005, 15:55
Have a great time, try not to spend too much and if you feel like bringing me back a playstation portable I'd be ever so greatful :P

Marge
28-04-2005, 16:00
Have a great time, try not to spend too much and if you feel like bringing me back a playstation portable I'd be ever so greatful :P

I've got orders for 2 already :erm: perfume, tobacco and a chunky fireman :rolleyes:

What with 3 blokes in the suitcase I can see I'm gonna have to do some creative chatting at the checkin desk when I'm at least 400 pounds over the weight allowance :rofl:

Stuart
28-04-2005, 16:07
Or when the plane can't take off due to the weight of your luggage.. :D

SMHarman
28-04-2005, 16:12
I've got orders for 2 already :erm: perfume, tobacco and a chunky fireman :rolleyes:

What with 3 blokes in the suitcase I can see I'm gonna have to do some creative chatting at the checkin desk when I'm at least 400 pounds over the weight allowance :rofl:
You can come back with two 32kg (yes kg so 70lb) suitcases each, so if you manage to bring back 420lb of luggage then congratulations.

Ramrod
28-04-2005, 16:18
I'm leaving tomorrow

for New York!!!!!
Bloomingdale, Saks, Tiffanys and Macys here I come :erm:Have a lovely time! :tu: :)

Marge
28-04-2005, 16:20
Monkeybreath has set me a challenge of jumping in a cab and shouting "follow that car" and yes i'm daft enough to do it :D :D :D

Anyone else got anything daft I can do????

homealone
28-04-2005, 16:35
Monkeybreath has set me a challenge of jumping in a cab and shouting "follow that car" and yes i'm daft enough to do it :D :D :D

arrange a time to be in front of the web cam in Times Square so we can wave at you :)

- have a great time, whatever happens :tu:

kronas
28-04-2005, 16:36
your leaving noooooooooo :cry: seriously though hope you have a smashing time, i want to hear all about it when you get back :D

Ramrod
28-04-2005, 16:37

Anyone else got anything daft I can do????Breakfast at Tiffanys? :p:

SMHarman
28-04-2005, 17:01

Get in another one and when stuck in traffic tell the driver he should have taken 'Park' / 'FDR' / 'West Side Highway' (select one) and wait for the response.

If you have time go to Ellis Island and visit the museum there, it is quite moving.

You could visit Coyote Ugly (www.barcrawler.com/coyoteugly.html 153 First Avenue (9th/10th St.) - Manhattan)

You could visit Jerry Seinfelds restaurant (Tom's Restaurant, a diner at 112th and Broadway in Manhattan, referred to as "Monk's Cafe" in the show) http://www.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/45/160px-Restaurant.jpg

Maggy
28-04-2005, 19:32
Just have some fun and don't sleep for the entire week.You may miss something. ;)

Marge
28-04-2005, 20:06
Just leaving for the hotel now, if I get chance I'll post from over there, if not then see you all next week :wavey:

gary_580
28-04-2005, 20:40
Do you want an address for a good italian restaurant?

oooppsss too late i guess

iadom
28-04-2005, 20:44
If you bump into that Glazier bloke, give him a good kicking, have a great time.:cool:

greencreeper
28-04-2005, 23:31
How did you manage to convince them to let you in the country? :p: :D

bb31
28-04-2005, 23:58
How did you manage to convince them to let you in the country? :p: :D
Shes not got there yet!!! gotta get thru that security at JFK first and believe me they are a scary bunch - last time we was there they gave her a hard time lol and they thought we was running in the new york marathon ha ha.

Since then tho, they have got the eye recognition screening and fingerprints....... so watch this space she may be back sooner than we thought ;)

Marge
04-05-2005, 15:29
Hello All :wavey:

Phew got back home about 1/2 hour ago after mad dash through CDG airport as the flight from JFK was running late :rolleyes:

Had a fantastic time, walked the entire length of Central Park, took a helicopter ride over Manhatten and did loads of shopping in Macys, Bloomingdales, Saks etc etc. The only downside is that my body is totally confused and thinks it's 10 am and I've now been awake for about 36 hours :spin:

Time for a good old fashioned cup of tea and then a snooze, so has anything exciting happened while I've been away ???

Ramrod
04-05-2005, 15:37
Good to see you back! :dmonk: :)

homealone
04-05-2005, 15:48
welcome back - we missed you :)

kronas
04-05-2005, 15:52
hello darling :p: glad to see your back, do you have any pictures of the holiday ?

Stuart
04-05-2005, 16:59
Time for a good old fashioned cup of tea and then a snooze, so has anything exciting happened while I've been away ???

Welcome back!!

Nothing really to report.. Normal fights and bitchiness amongst the members...

punky
04-05-2005, 17:05
Hello All :wavey:

Phew got back home about 1/2 hour ago after mad dash through CDG airport as the flight from JFK was running late :rolleyes:

Had a fantastic time, walked the entire length of Central Park, took a helicopter ride over Manhatten and did loads of shopping in Macys, Bloomingdales, Saks etc etc. The only downside is that my body is totally confused and thinks it's 10 am and I've now been awake for about 36 hours :spin:

Welcome back!! :) You sweet talked the INS/BCIS/HLS/Whatever-the-hell-they-call-themselves-this-week-guy into letting you through then. Blimey they'll let anyone in these days ;)

You probably already know, but the only big news, Chim had appendicitis. She had to go into hospital and have an apppendixectomy (or whatever they are called). Apparently Paul says she's doing fine, it went well, and should be up and ironing in no time. http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=28100

Good to see ya back on :)

Bill C
04-05-2005, 17:05
Nice to see you back :)

carlingman
05-05-2005, 00:16
Marge :confused: Marge who :confused:

Only joking welcome back :D

Marge
05-05-2005, 01:00
Have finally got round to getting my pics onto the laptop

First one needs no explanation ;)

Second one is the view from the bottom of the Brookes Bros building which is just across from Ground Zero

Third one is Ground Zero

Fourth one is the view across the road when we stepped out of the hotel (Madison Square Gardens in the foreground, Empire State Building in the background)