PDA

View Full Version : Message For NTL Tech Support

rockland
27-04-2005, 16:07
following a number of problems i've had with my internet connection and being passed from one person to another.... last nite i spoke to a couple of chaps from tech support, who were very confident, polite and informative and they made me feel like i was ntl's most prized customer......

so, whoever you are, thanks very much.... there are so many people who work at ntl who give the company a bad reputation but to those guys from tech support, thanks again you were brilliant......

unfortunately, i have had an ntl enginner visit me today to swap my cable modem..... and he was a complete w*nker.... very aggresive, rude and with a real attitude problem...... and as my ntl bad luck always goes, he didn't confirm my new mac address therefore i was left with a dead modem until i called tech support again today who quickly sorted the problem.

so....... mixed thoughts as always on the company, my t.v and television are changing to sky and bt next month with just the broadband remaining.

once again tech support, thanks for your help, it must sometimes seem as if you are fighting a losing battle but i can assure you, there are a lot of people out there who are reliant on your help and who are very appreciative of your efforts......

Chris W
27-04-2005, 16:09
glad to see some positive feedback :tu:

even if it doesn't reflect the actions of the whole company....

Russ
27-04-2005, 16:15
Did you manage to get their name?

rockland
27-04-2005, 16:33
unfortunatley not, i think one of the chaps at tech support could have been 'rav' or something like that, but i can't quite remember.

i didn't ask the enginners name.... i think he would have punched me ! ;-)

Russ
27-04-2005, 16:38
I'm sure I've spoken to a "Rav" in tech support too - as I remember it he was a top bloke :)

If it's the same person then well done to him - it's always nice to point out when good people get it right :)

rockland
27-04-2005, 16:44
just to let you know, tech support agreed last nite that my cable modem was faulty and said that they would send an enginner to swap it over today.... they said that they would put a note on screen to say that no testing was to be done on the modem as tech support had already determined that it was faulty.

so this guy arrives today and i say 'hi mate' and he doesn't reply.... i then said 'are u here to change my box' ? he says 'no', i then say 'are you here to swap my cable modem', he then replies 'no, i am here to determine a fault, not swap the modem'.

so we didn't really get off to the best of starts...... he did actually, very reluctantly swapped the modem and then told me that it could be something to do with voltage changes in my electricity rather than a faulty modem..... erm, yeah, whatever mate ???

at least i got it changed tho and my speed is now superfast..... lets just hope for no power surges !

cool, i must have got the name correct.....so..... cheers rav (if you read these forums).

very much appreciated.

Russ
27-04-2005, 16:45
so this guy arrives today and i say 'hi mate' and he doesn't reply....

Might be something to do with what is being discussed here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=458648#post458648). :D

rockland
27-04-2005, 18:12
haha yeah, maybe it was MY fault :o .....

thanks for that mate ;-)

shibby
30-04-2005, 03:17
sorry to sorta barge in to this but is it true in some areas engineers only have about 20 min assigned per job?
cause not long ago with my house NTL probelm we had alot of enginers to solve some problems. with being for ntl so long we've only really had about 3 engineers that were nice and have always fixed a problem, a few of the installation teams are also good.
but the engineers were good, they came in fiddled with the box saw the connetor on the wall and said hang on that connection box is donkeys old. the engineer looked at the cable and found out that the cable was ment for analoge not digtal. he soon did that.

rockland
30-04-2005, 10:30
am i missing something ? so what's your point ?

Florence
30-04-2005, 13:29
am i missing something ? so what's your point ?

They don't like being called mate I never call them mate, find it is better to just say hello and offer some coffee works everytime.

rockland
30-04-2005, 14:27
who gives a sh*t if they don't like being called mate.... in my part of the world, the word 'mate' is a friendly term. if they don't like that then who cares... turning up with an attitude will guarantee no coffee at my house.

to be that miserable they probably have issues in their life.:mad:

jrhnewark
01-05-2005, 05:11
Mate? What's wrong with that? :erm:

Anyway, back OT, NTL Tech Support (in Swansea, at least) are the best. Can't beat them. They're the only thing NTL have got right, I'm starting to think! :tu:

AdamD
01-05-2005, 09:04
lol weird
I to had a similiar experience when a guy came out to install a CM, he wreaked of cigarette smoke and drink, plus he wasn't all that friendly either.