PDA

View Full Version : Help what do I do

zing_deleted
25-04-2005, 09:51
Currently im on ntl for my calls(24/7 unlimited) and 3 meg BB
LLU has happened on my exchange
I was dead set on trying for the 8 meg off ukonline until i got a flier off Bulldog this morning
My bt line is due to be switched on tomorrow (26/4/05)
This is where I need help,Bulldog offers full telecommunications packages but only offers 4 meg internet,I have been assured by them i will get the full 4 meg which means I would also get over that with ukonline
Now here is the intersting part Bulldog offers Unlimited calls and unlimited BB at 4 meg for £39.99 inclusive of line rental etc
Ukonline offers 8 meg for £29.99 But I will still have to pay BT line rental and look for a call package

What do I do ,need advice today as I will have to cancel BT switch on before Tomorrow

Derek
25-04-2005, 09:59
Do you really need the extra 4MB?

If not I'd go for the Bulldog one.

zing_deleted
25-04-2005, 10:05
logic says your right but my greedy side wants :)

Aragorn
25-04-2005, 10:05
I agree with Dezzo.

You're unlikely to get an unlimited BT call / rental package for £10/m.

However, I'm more than happy with an NTL 2Mb connection ;)

zing_deleted
25-04-2005, 10:24
I have just been back onto Bulldog they only commit you to a 1 month contract but you have to supply your own modem(not a problem).This guy tells me I should let Bt switch me back on tomorrow so they generate me a number if I have bulldog do it ,it would cost £59 ,then of course im tied to a 3 month contract with Bt which the guy from bulldog says they can get me out of.
It certainly does look like a very good offer indeed for the money :D

MovedGoalPosts
25-04-2005, 10:57
I suspect Bulldog are using LLU on the exchange you are connecting to, whereas UK online don't have that option yet, hence the pricing.

There have been a few horror stories with Bulldog in the past, their customer service was worse than ntl :disturbed: I don't know how much they have improved, but it's worth checking reviews.

zing_deleted
25-04-2005, 11:20
Ukonline are on LLU too,went online in my town 2 weeks ago ive had to wait this time for bt to send a engineer out to test my line as its not been bt for years

Ukonline are not a telecommunications company they don't offer a phone line just internet £29.99 for 8 meg is still cheap lets face it

Neil
25-04-2005, 11:46
Bulldog every time. :)

I suspect Bulldog are using LLU on the exchange you are connecting to, whereas UK online don't have that option yet, hence the pricing.

There have been a few horror stories with Bulldog in the past, their customer service was worse than ntl :disturbed: I don't know how much they have improved, but it's worth checking reviews.

Bulldog use their own kit in the BT exchanges.

zing_deleted
25-04-2005, 11:58
The internet is both provided through access to LLU the differences between the 2 are that bulldog take over as carrier where as ukonline do not,the points in my figuring are really down to total costs,
ie :
bulldog 4 meg 24/7 call package and line rental £39
ntl 3 meg £37.99 plus 24/7 calls £25 total £62.99
ukonline 8 meg £29.99 bt line rental £10/50 or 24/7 £25.50

I am edging towards bulldog but I may just think wth and just overspend :D

zing_deleted
28-04-2005, 19:26
Ive gone against the best advice and my better instincts and ordered UKonline 8 meg,They say ill get the full 8 meg I will post speed test in 7 - 10 days when modem arrives :)

Gareth
01-05-2005, 00:35
/me is jealous. I wish my exchange got unbundled, but realistically it ain't gonna happen for a very very long time :cry:

Maybe I should consider moving... Swindon ain't that great a place anyway

zing_deleted
01-05-2005, 10:19
neither is Nuneaton I am surprised my exchange is set already :) date for switch on is 5th modem is being sent on the 3rd so by next w/e :D

bmxbandit
01-05-2005, 10:31
this may not be what you want to hear...but i was on a 10 mbit symmetric connection for a while, and the times it was maxxed out were few and far between! most servers seemed not to supply abouve 250KB/s, some even less than that.

it's great for p2p though ;)

zing_deleted
01-05-2005, 10:52
Oh I have a service that will max it :) To be honest I am just being greedy going for the 8meg over bulldogs 4 ,Its really the cap issue im bothered about