PDA

View Full Version : Race for Life - Cancer Research

lizbeth
24-04-2005, 19:15
On the 26th June 2005 I will be taking part in the Cancer Research Race for Life 5k run, taking place at Heaton Park, Manchester. (come and watch)

I have had to watch family and friends be affected by cancer and I want to do my little bit to help those currently suffering and to fund research into future cures.

I have created a webpage on the cancer research website..

Anyone who would like to donate to this worthwhile charity please visit...

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/lizbeth

Thanks.

Neil
24-04-2005, 19:29
We don't normally allow free advertising here Lizbeth, please contact one of the CF Team before making posts like these (especially as you are asking for people to donate)

I know it's a good cause, but we have no way of know how genuine 1st time posters are.

Sorry, I know that may sound harsh, but I'm sure you can see where we're coming from. :)

lizbeth
24-04-2005, 20:18
Hi,

Sorry i didnt reliase.. My husband users the forums (scoobydoo) and he suggested I posted a message here.
The donations go directly to cancer research via a online credit/debit card system on the cancer research website.
I apologise for not asking first.
Thanks.
Liz xx

homealone
24-04-2005, 21:03
Hi,

Sorry i didnt reliase.. My husband users the forums (scoobydoo) and he suggested I posted a message here.
The donations go directly to cancer research via a online credit/debit card system on the cancer research website.
I apologise for not asking first.
Thanks.
Liz xx

The donation link seems 'kosher', please accept a small donation from me - good luck completing your race & I hope you achieve your sponsorship target. :tu:

- the confirmation email I just got looks ok, too.

I'll put a link to your site in my sig, also - you do the training ;)

Halcyon
24-04-2005, 21:09
Yep, this is a great thing you are doing. Good luck with the race.
It is a very good cause you are supporting.

Raistlin
24-04-2005, 21:24
Yep, added my contribution - over to you now Liz.

Keep us up to date on how you're getting on :)

:tu:

Changed my sig as well :D

Hey!!

Perhaps we should have a CF meet at Manchester on the 26th and cheer Liz on?

lizbeth
24-04-2005, 21:40
Im getting into using these forums.. I'll be using it more than my husband now!!.. (if thats possible).

Thanks very much for the donations... (keep them coming ;)

Im in training now, its a good job ive started early. I did 1 mile out of the 3 the other day and looked like a sunburnt tomato afterwards.

Will keep you all posted on the training,and ill get my husband to post some pics of the event when ive completed it.

Thanks again.

Liz xx

Raistlin just spotted the link on your signature. top top man.

I cant believe how kind everyone has been.
Thanks for all your support so far.
Im actually kind looking forward to running it now :)

Liz x

homealone
24-04-2005, 21:50
Im in training now, its a good job ive started early. I did 1 mile out of the 3 the other day and looked like a sunburnt tomato afterwards.

Will keep you all posted on the training,and ill get my husband to post some pics of the event when ive completed it.

Thanks again.

Liz x

lots of <snips> but try to match your breathing to how much energy you use, you shouldn't need to breathe too heavily, if you are going at a pace you can handle.

Try to make the 'out' breath longer & the 'in' breath shorter, while going at a pace you feel comfortable with. The good thing about the 'race for life' is that it isn't a speed trial ;)

Raistlin
25-04-2005, 23:40
Good going so far Liz, you're up to a third of your target.

:tu:

Raistlin
26-04-2005, 18:15
Liz,

How's the training going?

AndrewJ
30-04-2005, 16:55
Awaits to hear her comeback, and I have a small amount to donate myself, would have loved to take part in the race but I aint permitted to run/walk so far :(

Raistlin
30-04-2005, 16:59
Yeah, would be nice to get some updates on how she's doing.

Might even encourage a few more people to donate.....

Nidge
01-05-2005, 08:52
Just donated