PDA

View Full Version : Quick question that some Ntl staff might help me with

sav112
23-04-2005, 16:51
Quick question that some Ntl staff might help me with

The servie since I upgraded is as good as I could wish for but hereâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s the problem a silly problem:dunce: but a problem the power ac adaptor is working on and off the cable at the back is gone.

Can you buy them off NTL? Or do I go to the shops and try to find an ac 10V adaptor?

paulyoung666
23-04-2005, 16:52
as ntl supply the kit i would reckon that ntl will supply a replacement if you ask them :tu:

quadplay
23-04-2005, 16:55
If the AC adapter is acting up, call Broadband Technical Support. They can send an engineer with a replacement (but can't just post them out unfortunately).

sav112
24-04-2005, 14:25
So they would get a new one to me that great its been going off and an and itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s the weakest link in the chain the wire at the back of the ac adaptor.

I phone on Monday.

Thanks

Chris W
24-04-2005, 14:38
you can phone today..........

0845 650 0121 for technical support :) - open until midnight

sav112
24-04-2005, 15:21
I phoned and it took me twelve minutes to get to the point of †œ I will have to escalate your problem to an engineerââ‚ ‚¬Ã‚

I went on and it should have taken two minutes, but the call centre staff member who sounded Indian and therefore I would not rule out actually in India did not have a clue, very polite all the same but not a clue.

She kept saying so itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s your USB connection, your connection to your computer, your modem is faultyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã‚Â¦. It went on and on until I said sorry are you listening to me ( as polite as I could) Itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s the A.C a for apple C for cat 10V adaptor that is faulty I can replicate the problem 100% with movement of the wire on it. And just when I thought she might have finally got it she said †œis the USB cable connected to the modemÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã‚Â:mad:

Well they will call me back, all I want is a new Ac adaptor. I bet they send out a new modem that I donââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t need and tell me to pack the old stuff up, Iâ₠™ve had that before.

Derek
24-04-2005, 15:24
Well they will call me back

I love an optimist :D

Chris W
24-04-2005, 15:27
sav112 if you PM me cable modem's mac address i will check that everything has been done properly