PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the money ?

Defiant
17-09-2003, 18:00
Well you may have heard sometime last year I think it was that money generated from speed camera's was not going down south anymore. Since then of course the amount of speed camera has increase. Is it the police force getting this (our cash) or local goverment.

Motorists in the north of England saw numbers of fixed roadside cameras grow by nearly 60%, while the overall increase was 22.3%.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12782887,00.html

ps I think their a bunch of thieving b@stards myself:mad:

Shaun
17-09-2003, 21:47
Originally posted by morris
you should'nt be speeding

Well said.

Less speeding means less points on ya licence! :p

Defiant
17-09-2003, 23:05
And they should be hiding camera behind three's, on corners, on roads which have a good record with no accidents

yea riight.

This 60% increase in camera's just in the northwest is to make them ****s money

Defiant
18-09-2003, 00:39
Originally posted by morris
and if no one goes over the speed limit they will get no money.
NOPE,

For instance dual carriage ways that have no speed limit signs. I know a stretch thats big yet the speed limit is 30. Now some do 40 on this stretch new to the area or passing through and their caught. Going out of the area however their are signs with the speed limit on. Another good way of generating money hey for thieving **** hey !

Jerrek
18-09-2003, 02:10
Well, now I'm happy that I live in Canada, where there ain't no cameras. That is a serious invasion of privacy.

Defiant
18-09-2003, 12:05
Originally posted by Jerrek
Well, now I'm happy that I live in Canada, where there ain't no cameras. That is a serious invasion of privacy.
Agreed but as you can see their's so many muppets over here :shrug:

timewarrior2001
18-09-2003, 12:15
People are not objecting to the speed traps as such, what I personally object to is th epolice cpending such an amount of time on catching speeding motorists.....and Cleveland police have a zero tolerance scheme in effect, I know of people getting 3 points and a £60 fine for 31mph in a 30mph zone. They could have appealed, but magistrates can increase the fine and they didnt fancy their chances......When serious crimes are on the increase and the police say they are undermanned and underfunded.

downquark1
18-09-2003, 12:20
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
People are not objecting to the speed traps as such, what I personally object to is th epolice cpending such an amount of time on catching speeding motorists.....and Cleveland police have a zero tolerance scheme in effect, I know of people getting 3 points and a £60 fine for 31mph in a 30mph zone. They could have appealed, but magistrates can increase the fine and they didnt fancy their chances......When serious crimes are on the increase and the police say they are undermanned and underfunded. Exactly, they get the money from the fines;)

Dave Stones
18-09-2003, 12:27
the pranksters have done it again in a town near me :cool:

see here ;) (http://ichuddersfield.icnetwork.co.uk/travel/news/page.cfm?objectid=13419406&method=full&siteid=50060)

Shaun
18-09-2003, 13:06
Originally posted by downquark1
Exactly, they get the money from the fines;)

I think you'll find in most constabulary's the money is spent on more road safety. I'll say it again don't speed and if you do and get caught then thats your fault.

Don't complain, Burglars don't come on here complaining that the house they turned over had a silent alarm direct to the police and they got caught!:)

Defiant
18-09-2003, 13:09
Originally posted by dellwear
I think you'll find in most constabulary's the money is spent on more road safety. I'll say it again don't speed and if you do and get caught then thats your fault.

Don't complain, Burglars don't come on here complaining that the house they turned over had a silent alarm direct to the police and they got caught!:)

I dont speed either. I got 3 points and £60 fine 3yrs back for going through some lights when they were on amber!!!

Shaun
18-09-2003, 13:10
Originally posted by Dave Stones
the pranksters have done it again in a town near me :cool:

see here ;) (http://ichuddersfield.icnetwork.co.uk/travel/news/page.cfm?objectid=13419406&method=full&siteid=50060)

Where's my sticky back plastic :p

downquark1
18-09-2003, 13:11
Originally posted by Defiant
I dont speed either. I got 3 points and £60 fine 3yrs back for going through some lights when they were on amber!!! Fine, if you don't speed you are less likely to get fines. Which is still a good reason.

Shaun
18-09-2003, 13:24
I think these two articles from the times give a pretty clear picture of the way we should be going.............more speed cambers :eek:

http://images.thetimes.co.uk/TGD/picture/0,,85810,00.gif

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,170-799810,00.html

"The best improvement in the accident rate in North Wales has been on roads covered by speed cameras. A road near Wrexham racecourse had seen one death, six serious injuries and 24 slight injuries in crashes in the three years before a speed camera was installed last December. Since then there has been one slight injury. "

See the first link for the Stats, I think they speak for themselves.

I don't speed because don't think I could live with myself if I killed or even injured someone, I know it doesn't mean that when I drive I shalt have a accident but it does reduce the risks involved!

Defiant
18-09-2003, 13:36
Is this dogooders.co.uk or nthellworld.co.uk feck their everywere. They are too dumb to realise when their being spyed on. This is supposed to be a free country but not the way its going and these people are making it easier for them

Shaun
18-09-2003, 13:40
Is this dogooders.co.uk or nthellworld.co.uk feck their everywere. They are too dumb to realise when their being spyed on. This is supposed to be a free country but not the way its going and these people are making it easier for them

I ain't being spied on, I ain't got a car, and to be fair if people didn't drive like d icks then there wouldn't be a need for these cameras, would there?

Defiant
18-09-2003, 13:44
Originally posted by dellwear
I ain't being spied on, I ain't got a car, and to be fair if people didn't drive like d icks then there wouldn't be a need for these cameras, would there?

YOU AIN'T EVEN GOT A FECKING CAR WTF.

Whats this board coming too. More and more people reply about things they know nothing about. Whats wrong with them. Is their a lack of braincells in certian area's

downquark1
18-09-2003, 13:45

Whats this board coming too. More and more people reply about things they know nothing about. Whats wrong with them. Is their a lack of braincells in certian area's yes, the car fumes killed them off.

Lord Nikon
18-09-2003, 14:21
dellwear...

I suggest you take a single driving lesson.
See how many times you have to swerve, brake, hop into a bus lane etc during an hour.

Each of those instances would be classed as an offence under the proposed laws.
Also see what YOU think of speed cameras and people's driving reactions to them.

Shaun
18-09-2003, 18:37

Whats this board coming too. More and more people reply about things they know nothing about. Whats wrong with them. Is their a lack of braincells in certian area's

"Get down off your high horse and drink your milk!"

Just 'cos I cant afford a car doesn't mean I don't have a licence

*pleads student poverty.

So please get your facts straight before you question my lack of brain cells. :p

Originally posted by Lord Nikon
dellwear...

I suggest you take a single driving lesson.
See how many times you have to swerve, brake, hop into a bus lane etc during an hour.

Each of those instances would be classed as an offence under the proposed laws.
Also see what YOU think of speed cameras and people's driving reactions to them.

What do I need lessons for if I have a licence. :p

Even so I still DON'T speed, there is no need. For you out there that think it is acceptable to speed please see the links i provided above.

I don't speed when I do drive because I couldn't live with myself if I killed someone or hurt myself. Its as simple as that. If you want to speed fine, but could you live with yourself if you killed or maimed someone?:(