PDA

View Full Version : Asus wl500g wireless router setup problems

basshedz2
22-04-2005, 12:13
Hi,

I've just bought an Asus WL500g wireless router to set up a home wireless network on blueyonder. I tried to set it up following the 'quick start' instructions, but cannot connect to the internet. On the 'internet connection status' page it says:

Type: Automatic IP
Reason: Lost IP from Server

I've plugged the surfboard modem into the WAN socket on the router and can login to the router. Someone suggested that i fill in the MAC address from the PC, but according to the blueyonder page:

"Good news! We've upgraded your service and as a result you no longer need to register your PC NIC Mac address. Just plug your equipment into your modem and reboot everything!"

If i am to enter my MAC address, what do i enter: the MAC address of my Ethernet adaptor, the MAC address of my wireless card, or the MAC address of the other PC i want to access the internet from?

Also, should i fill in either the Host Name or HeartBeat Server details? And if so, what would they be?

Please help, this is driving me insane!

basshedz

zing_deleted
22-04-2005, 13:42
:welcome: simple one first,you have rebooted your modem haven't you

basshedz2
22-04-2005, 19:00
Thanks,

Went home rebooted everything and it now works. Am glad i didn't throw it out the window yesterday!

Cheers,

basshedz

Raistlin
22-04-2005, 19:15
:welcome: glad you got it sorted without it needing a flying lesson :)