PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Internet and Cable TV Not Working

mdwh2
19-04-2005, 15:21
Is anyone else having problems with broadband Internet (via cable modem) and cable TV? I'm in Cambridge, and neither has been working since Saturday. The cable modem light flickers on maybe once, then just remains off (ie, it doesn't flick on and off repeatedly trying to get a connection). The TV set top box just says "tune". I've tried switching both the devices off and on many times.

As always, trying to contact NTL by phone is impossible (though I've notified them by email), but I did get a recorded message saying there's a loss of TV service in Cambridge. Three of my friends in Cambridge had no Internet over the weekend - but it's working again for them now. Also the NTL status page lists no relevant problems.

Is anyone still having problems? Anyone know what the issue is or when this might be fixed? Thanks for any help.

Neil
19-04-2005, 15:22
1) Have you reported this to ntl?

2) Have you checked the Server Status Page to see if there are any issues affecting your area?

3) :welcome: to the site. :)

[Edit]-I see that you haven't yet spoken to ntl.

You need to do this, what method have you actually tried?

paulyoung666
19-04-2005, 15:24
hi and :welcome: to the site , this may well be something 1 of the team may well be interested in :tu: , hope you enjoy your stay here btw :)

Chris W
19-04-2005, 15:27
to report either you need to call 150 or 151 from your ntl phone then chose option 2 for faults, and their either DTV or broadband....

If you don't use your ntl phone, call 0800 052 2000