PDA

View Full Version : Ntl Modem, Slow Speeds - Help !!!

rockland
18-04-2005, 12:48
hi, can anyone help,

i have the silver ntl home, stand alone cable modem. I have this running through a belkin 5 port router.

at least every other day, i have to re-start the cable modem as the speed gradually grinds to a hault.

upon rebooting the modem, i am back to my full 2mb d/l speed, but within 48 hours i am waiting 10 seconds to open google again.

adding this problem to the fact that interactive has not worked on my tv for over a year, my blood pressure is rising by the day !!!!

can anyone help, or does anyone else have a samilar problem ? :angel:

rdhw
18-04-2005, 17:00
interactive has not worked on my tv for over a yearReport it to NTL tech support and get it fixed. If interactive is not working on your TV, then the cable modem will likely have problems too. So concentrate on getting Interactive TV fixed first.

Chris W
18-04-2005, 17:50
if you want to PM me the mac address from the modem i will have a look at what is going on

paulyoung666
18-04-2005, 17:55
hi and :welcome: to the site , take up monkeybreaths offer , if you want to check that he is an ntl staffer then pm a mod :tu: :)

rockland
18-04-2005, 18:23
hi there,

sorry i don't have yahoo messenger, i have displayed my details below.

LAN MAC Address:
00-30-BD-19-5D-7D
WAN MAC Address:
00-30-BD-19-5D-7E

any help would be very much appreciated.

homealone
18-04-2005, 19:26
hi there,

LAN MAC Address:
xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
WAN MAC Address:
xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

hi - the board has a built in Private Message (PM) system - if you click monkeybreath's nick above his avatar, one of the options is 'send monkeybreath a private message'

- the reason I mention it is that you shouldn't really publish personal details like MAC or IP addresses in the public forum. ;)

Chris W
18-04-2005, 19:40
hi there,

LAN MAC Address:
00-30-BD-19-5D-7D
WAN MAC Address:
00-30-BD-19-5D-7E

these are the details from your router- please check the bottom of your cable modem for its mac address (it'll be on the sticker...)

use the private message facility on here to send it to me :)

MB