PDA

View Full Version : Earphones

XiceWolf
16-09-2003, 18:34
Shamefully this is not in the right forum but hopefully caspar wont move it if he knows whats good for him :D Hopefully one of you people will know a bit about this.

Ive been asked to research a product for my Advanced course in product design in school and i choose to do earphones as i thought i would be able to get plenty of information about them. Well i have emailed every known supplier and manufacturer about headphones asking for help on materials, technology and production lines and not one of them has came back to me. So iam either hoping you people may have some knowledge about the technology in earphones and are in the plastic manufacturing business or can help me by finding a decent site to help me. Any help would be mucho appreciated. I may have to change product to investigate so any suggestions for that may be welcome aswell, bear in mind it cant have loads of electronics and something household with some mechanics in it would be brilliant such as a bike pump. I need to look into the ergonomics of the product aswell as the aesthetics.

Boom
17-09-2003, 09:42
If you're looking for an item that involves some mechanics, plastics, and ergonomics why not just do a recliner chair like a Lazy-Boy chair or something similar. Just go to any furniture showroom and the salesman will be happy to bore you to death with a description of the chair and may have brochures as well detailing design of the chair.

Or look at front-seating in a car (though some will have electronics to manage adjustment).

Mantrid
17-09-2003, 12:17
Or how about researching the product design approach that went into the controversial Xbox controller?

I'm sure Microsoft would be willing to give you info on that.

homealone
17-09-2003, 13:32
There are a few replies to the other started about this

here (http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2734)

Shaun
17-09-2003, 16:58
Is this the sort of thing your looking for?

http://www.audiocircuit.com/9111-eshp-circuit/Diy/Projects/AndrewRadford-AR/9111DPAR.htm

Its a little more on the electronics side but may help:)

XiceWolf
17-09-2003, 17:52
I may well change to an xbox controller mantrid, good idea :D