PDA

View Full Version : Appaling customer service

jb1978
16-04-2005, 13:43
I called NTL as soon as the new broadband speeds were announced to arrange a STB swap so I could have 2mb broadband. I arranged for the swap to be carried out today (April 16), and someone from NTL even called me yesterday afternoon to confirm the appointment was between 8am and 12pm.

Saturday morning ends and nobody from NTL turns up. I then call "customer services" who say my appointment was cancelled as I was now on 1mb despite still paying £25/month! She then says I will need to arrange another appointment and that NTL no longer do saturday appointments. I ask how can this be the case when I had an appointment arranged for today (Saturday). Why should I have to lose a days holiday because of NTL's ineptitude?

This whole experience is encouranging me to ditch NTL and get a cheaper, better package from Sky and ADSL..

P.S. I am in the Manchester area paying over £75/month to these jokers..

paul11974
16-04-2005, 14:36
sorry to hear of your problems and if it is any consolidation it only gets worse when they do eventually install the box you will be onto ntl all day to sort the channels out and get your internet back on :mad:

Graham M
16-04-2005, 15:10
Not Nessesarily, ours were sorted within half an hour. Just because a few people have had bad experiences with box swaps, doesnt mean everyone will, just depends if they do their job properly.

Mick
16-04-2005, 19:06
I called NTL as soon as the new broadband speeds were announced to arrange a STB swap so I could have 2mb broadband. I arranged for the swap to be carried out today (April 16), and someone from NTL even called me yesterday afternoon to confirm the appointment was between 8am and 12pm.

Saturday morning ends and nobody from NTL turns up. I then call "customer services" who say my appointment was cancelled as I was now on 1mb despite still paying £25/month! She then says I will need to arrange another appointment and that NTL no longer do saturday appointments. I ask how can this be the case when I had an appointment arranged for today (Saturday). Why should I have to lose a days holiday because of NTL's ineptitude?

This whole experience is encouranging me to ditch NTL and get a cheaper, better package from Sky and ADSL..

P.S. I am in the Manchester area paying over £75/month to these jokers..

Send me a Private message with some details such a name and contact number and a convenient time to call and will send these details to ntl to look at, on Monday. Thanks. :)

paulyoung666
16-04-2005, 19:37
Send me a Private message with some details such a name and contact number and a convenient time to call and will send these details to ntl to look at, on Monday. Thanks. :)

and may i :welcome: you to boot :tu:

jb1978
18-04-2005, 18:16
All sorted thanks to contacting a senior member of the NTL northwest team. Many thanks for all that offered to help.

Mick
18-04-2005, 19:12
Glad to see you have sorted jb1978. :)

paulyoung666
18-04-2005, 19:29
a right result , long may it continue :tu: