PDA

View Full Version : NTL to BT?

MysticKiller
15-04-2005, 22:10
I only suscribe to NTL standard phone line and 300k broadband. I am thinking of switching to BT so i can get UK Online 2MB unlimited bandwith for £20/month. If i switch, and get broadband with UK Online, do i have to pay BT anything? Or just their standard phone line rental charge please? And can you reccomend any other good ADSL providers. Will UK Online ever cap their broadband? Thanks

andymt
17-04-2005, 12:26
As i have said before with a similar post,

I would wait before you change isp-

AsDL and cable are changing. Soon with asdl2 and vsdl, we will have much higher speeds than 8mb for commercial use, at reasonable prices. But some isps might not change speed, some will. With an isp resellar like ukonline, you can never be sure whether they will update to the new technology. Thats y it is a good idea to wait until it has all settled down. A good bet for asdl would be BT because they are the main isp for asdl and everyone else resells off them.

Another good idea would be telewest because they will update their speeds certainly. But dont just choose the cheapest isp, because they are prone to caps and poor quality of service.
So, if u want it cheap and fast, right now, get ukonline. But i for sure would be woried about the future and whether they will update me. A big no no is to rope yourself into a 12 mo contract with anyone except telewest, as otherwise you will not be able to change if your new isp is rubbish.
UKonline prob will cap soon they need the money.
Pretty much all asdl isps cap, apart from aol.

MysticKiller
17-04-2005, 20:56
Ok, thanks. I would get telewest, but i only have NTL in my area :(.....guess ill stick to NTL 300k modern day dial up speed bb lol. Would upgrade to 1MB, but NTL's cap are daft.

zing_deleted
26-04-2005, 00:04
A big no no is to rope yourself into a 12 mo contract with anyone except telewest, as otherwise you will not be able to change if your new isp is rubbish.
UKonline prob will cap soon they need the money.
Pretty much all asdl isps cap, apart from aol.

If your in a contract and the provider does not provide what it is contracted to provide ,you have rights to cancel