PDA

View Full Version : Activating account for a PIN number?

eerrrr
14-04-2005, 20:41
Hi, sorry to bother you.
I've had a bit of a problem upgrading to 2MBit broadband regarding an unactivated account.

You see, we upgraded to 2Mbit broadband recently and got a modem to use instead of going through our old set top box. I tried setting up the connection with the CD the engineer gave us but I don't have a pin number.
I've been phoning Customer Services all day and haven't gotten anywhere, all I know is that my account needs activating to get a new PIN, however everytime I've phoned, I've been redirected between Sales Enquiries and Broadband Support a bunch of times.
There have been 3 times today when they said that they'd activate the account and call back in 10 minutes, however, they never did. It's really frustrating as I've told them that they never call back, and it's now gone 20:00 so the phonelines have closed. :mad:

I really don't want to go through Customer Services again tomorrow, as I'm sick of waiting for them to call back when they never do.

Does anyone know what else I can do to get a new PIN number?

Thanks.

homealone
14-04-2005, 22:52
I can't offer any solution other than to bump this & hope someone can pick it up....

eunos
15-04-2005, 09:25
My dad had the same problem.
Upgraded to 2 meg with a modem instead of STB.
Got passed from pillar to post sales, accounts ,BB technical support etc.
Rang again the following day to BB tech support and a bloke sorted it in about 15 minutes. If you get no luck, put the phone down and ring back till you get someone who can sort it.

Nemesis
15-04-2005, 09:32
If the problem still exists can you send me a PM

eerrrr
15-04-2005, 17:29
Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply.

I took eunos' advice and phoned once more this morning, and I finally got a PIN! My 2MBit broadband is now up and running.

Thanks a lot. :)