PDA

View Full Version : Ringtones

Nugget
13-04-2005, 16:30
Wotcha!

Mrs Nug has a new mobile and wants to set up individual ringtones. Obviously, she can download some from t'net, but I seem to remember someone telling me a while back that, if you have the right combination of keys, you can set up your own tones.

Does anybody remember how you can do this or, if there is one, any websites that may have any 'compositions'?

TIA :tu:

Derek
13-04-2005, 17:00
What type of mobile is it?

paulyoung666
13-04-2005, 17:16
you used to be able to do a keypress thing to enter tunes , i would doubt you still can tbh , what mobile is it ??? , you can get free (http://myt610.lasyk.net/) and i do mean free apart from the wap charge which is pennies ringtones from that site :)

Nugget
14-04-2005, 08:27
What type of mobile is it?

It's a Motorola V220 :tu:

you used to be able to do a keypress thing to enter tunes , i would doubt you still can tbh , what mobile is it ??? , you can get free (http://myt610.lasyk.net/) and i do mean free apart from the wap charge which is pennies ringtones from that site :)

Thanks for that Paul - I'll send her the link and let her have a look around :)

xcdtowg
30-04-2005, 17:51
Hey, anyone have any experience with all this wap ringtone things? Everytime I try it I seem to break it :(
I just sent as text message thing with a code and number just like it said and I recieved 2 text messages, i assume charging me the money and one browser message. So what do I do? I tried going to the browser message but all i get is a 403 error :( i just want a ringtone that isnt rubbish, but I cant do it! :cry:
Is there anybody that can help me?

Theodoric
30-04-2005, 20:40
It's a Motorola V220 :tu:

Thanks for that Paul - I'll send her the link and let her have a look around :)
Ah, yes, Motorola. There are generous companies and there are companies that will gouge the last penny out of their customers. I'm afraid that Motorola are one of the latter.

We have a Motorola V220 and on close inspection I discovered that it has a USB port. However, there is no mention whatsoever of this in the manual or on the Motorola site. So, I thought I'd download the appropriate drivers and software, which most phone companies seem to supply for free. But not Motorola. If you want to download photos or upload ringtones you have to pay for the privilege; £24 from Motorola for the software, or a bit cheaper if you hunt around.

If you're willing to spend a few hours scouring the Internet you can find free versions of the software, but as I haven't tried them out yet, I don't know if they work.

gooner4life
30-04-2005, 21:50
Does anyone know of any Free Samsung D500 sites for ringtones or games etc?

allieyoung666
30-04-2005, 22:01
I think Samsung does one, called the Samsung mobile fun club and you get a free ringtone when you join?

gooner4life
30-04-2005, 22:09
Yeah I joined that Allie, trouble is they are as bad as the ringtones you get with the phone on there :shrug:

Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Russ
30-04-2005, 22:18
I always recommend www.myt610.com - all ringtones and wallpapers are free, you either download them to your pc then bluetooth/USB them to your phone or set your phone to WAP it's way to the download area and obtain them there - I always thought GPRS charged you by the KB but I never seem to charged for downloading tones from there.

xcdtowg
30-04-2005, 23:06
Ah, yes, Motorola. There are generous companies and there are companies that will gouge the last penny out of their customers. I'm afraid that Motorola are one of the latter.

We have a Motorola V220 and on close inspection I discovered that it has a USB port. However, there is no mention whatsoever of this in the manual or on the Motorola site. So, I thought I'd download the appropriate drivers and software, which most phone companies seem to supply for free. But not Motorola. If you want to download photos or upload ringtones you have to pay for the privilege; £24 from Motorola for the software, or a bit cheaper if you hunt around.

If you're willing to spend a few hours scouring the Internet you can find free versions of the software, but as I haven't tried them out yet, I don't know if they work.

I have the same phone, it sucks...

applepie
26-07-2005, 20:21
[Admin Edit] (Neil)-Feck off spammer.

budwieser
26-07-2005, 22:31
[Admin Edit] (Neil)-Feck off spammer.

Lol! Nice one Centurian!:D

Oi!!!!!!!!!!

copyright Monty Python. :angel:

andyl
26-07-2005, 22:33