PDA

View Full Version : Wanadoo Problems

davidburke
13-04-2005, 11:14
Hi,
Just moved house. Guy who lived here before had ntl broadband and didnt have a bt line. All the stuff is still here but the main wires have been cut.
I recieve broadband through my BT line, and even though BT say the connection is fine- I cannot get my modem to sync with the local excahnge.
Is it possible that ntl have put a marker or block on the line so that any other broadband access would be denied? After all, it was wired into the BT socket when we first moved in?

Ben
13-04-2005, 11:48
NTL are not allowed to touch BT stuff so I highly doubt they have done anything to the BT line.

Welcome to the forums btw :)

Graham M
13-04-2005, 11:49
When we had our NTL installed, the engineer cut the BT Line and linked up the phone line to the old BT socket, so it is occasionally done! Oh and is the BT line reconnected to the phone socket?

davidburke
13-04-2005, 11:50
cheers!

Its just that there are wires from the ntl stuff direct into my BT socket, so god knows what is going on. I'll have to get an engineer out probably.

Neil
13-04-2005, 11:51
What modem are you trying to sync-an ADSL modem?

Sorry, but you need to give us a bot mopre info/background to help you.

:welcome: to the site tho. :)

dgr1577
i had a similar issue when i moved into my flat, BT said the line was fine but I couldnt get a dialing tone on it. Turns out that BT saying that 'the line was fine' meant that the connection from the exchange to the junction box in the block was fine. Turns out the wire from the junction box to my flat had been 'cut'. Strangely, I was talking to my neighbour and she said that when NTL was put in the block they convinced everyone to move from BT to them(with special offers etc) and everyone did. Shortly after my neighbour tried to go back to BT and found the same problem as me, and after investigation discovered that the line had been cut also. After further investigations it was discovered that everyones lines had been cut. BT wouldnt repair the lines unless a certain percentage of the people in the block requested it(not worth the hassle for 1 or 2 people only). Therefore, everyone remained with NTL.

Now I wouldnt dare suggest for a minute that NTL had anything to do with this suspected sabotage, but it does make you think.........

Graham M
Well thatll be why then. ADSL doesnt work over the NTL phone network as its all set up differently. Are you presently paying for BB and Line rental from BT?

davidburke
13-04-2005, 11:58
I have a speedtouch asdl modem- through wanadoo. All hardware worked fine before the move. Wanadoo are useless, so I contacted BT and they confirmed that the line was broadband enabled. We have two sockets, one bt, and an extension socket that was for the ntl that is inactive. The ntl cable fed directly into the bt socket, but now the wires are cut. Normal phone dialling is fine but cannot get the modem to sync.

just to make clear, bt is the line provider- i have no subscription whatsoever with ntl. All their hardware is still stuck to the walls, but all the wires have been cut.

Neil
13-04-2005, 12:03
I have a speedtouch asdl modem- through wanadoo. All hardware worked fine before the move. Wanadoo are useless, so I contacted BT and they confirmed that the line was broadband enabled. We have two sockets, one bt, and an extension socket that was for the ntl that is inactive. The ntl cable fed directly into the bt socket, but now the wires are cut. Normal phone dialling is fine but cannot get the modem to sync.

just to make clear, bt is the line provider- i have no subscription whatsoever with ntl. All their hardware is still stuck to the walls, but all the wires have been cut.

Ok, so you will need to ring Wanadoo & tell them that the BB you get from them is not working.

Seeing as this isn't an ntl issue, I'm going to move this thread out of the ntl forum & into the 'Other ISPs Discussion' forum.

Bifta
13-04-2005, 12:14
Ok, so you will need to ring Wanadoo & tell them that the BB you get from them is not working.

:shocked: He's better off wandering into his local McDonalds and asking them to fix it, the technical savvy and customer service skills of Wanadoo employee's is shockingly bad.

davidburke
13-04-2005, 12:27
Thats why I'm on here bifta!!They're idiots.
Basically, as far as Wanadoo are concerned, my line is connected. Obviously this means that when they test the exchange it works. I think the problem lies between the exchange and my house- and thats why I think the ntl connection might have something to do with it. Im having a 24 hour line test done and hopefully this will highlight the problem.

chauhan7
21-03-2006, 18:39
LOOK and listen to me right JUST LEAVE WANADOO im still with them ok let me tell you my story which is just like your....

i started on wanadoo thinking it was great i had wireless and talk workd for weeks on end then it gradually stoped and stopped till it became anoying we foned wanadoo for hours having line test for 1-72 hours long they said it was fine i changed my system properties for wanadoo and still no difference then they sent me a livebox recovery disc that disc did not even work so then they sent me a ASDL connection which i have now it workd for 1 week non stop then it jittered abit and now it goes on for 20seconds max then disconnects all day which very irritating especially all the totment it took my internet to load this site without d/c so we are just going to leave wanadoo careless about wats rong and we are going to a better provider.

and dont go with NTL they have issues aswell we are ttrying BT next to see how that goes..............

Graham M
21-03-2006, 18:47
LOOK and listen to me right JUST LEAVE WANADOO im still with them ok let me tell you my story which is just like your....

i started on wanadoo thinking it was great i had wireless and talk workd for weeks on end then it gradually stoped and stopped till it became anoying we foned wanadoo for hours having line test for 1-72 hours long they said it was fine i changed my system properties for wanadoo and still no difference then they sent me a livebox recovery disc that disc did not even work so then they sent me a ASDL connection which i have now it workd for 1 week non stop then it jittered abit and now it goes on for 20seconds max then disconnects all day which very irritating especially all the totment it took my internet to load this site without d/c so we are just going to leave wanadoo careless about wats rong and we are going to a better provider.

and dont go with NTL they have issues aswell we are ttrying BT next to see how that goes..............
Woo! Been getting lots of these random posts to year old threads by users with no posts recently, very odd. Uh welcome Chauhan7!

handyman
21-03-2006, 18:52
:shocked: He's better off wandering into his local McDonalds and asking them to fix it, the technical savvy and customer service skills of Wanadoo employee's is shockingly bad.

For once I agree with Bifta:erm:

When I was at wanadoo there was less than 10 people with and real tech support skills to speak off. And wanadoo restrict the amount of support they are allowed to give as well.

This is from a tech/customer support team in the 100's.

Its a shocking way to run a business.

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Woo! Been getting lots of these random posts to year old threads by users with no posts recently, very odd. Uh welcome Chauhan7!

lol did not even notice the post date :P

WanadooProblems
09-04-2006, 22:14
Well, I am so peeved off with Wanadoo and their lack of customer and technical support that I set uip a website - much to their shock!

[Admin Edit] (Neil)-Hi, while I have seen your site & support you in doing it, please don't come here & spam your url.

Drop me a PM/Email & I'm sure we can talk about your site, but not if you're going to sign up & spam us. :)

And looks like there are a lot more people frustrated with Wanadoo than they would have you believe!

handyman
09-04-2006, 22:24
Well, I am so peeved off with Wanadoo and their lack of customer and technical support that I set uip a website - much to their shock!

And looks like there are a lot more people frustrated with Wanadoo than they would have you believe!

I worked for wannadoo as technical team leader/duty manager and set up a website supporting their user base, after I left I removed it but on google and most other search engines it was coming up above wannadoo and their modem manufacturers in searchs.

Problem with wannadoo is all their tech support is outsourced to garlands.
Wannadoo don't want tech support giving out proper advice so limit it and Garlands take on anyone with a pulse. a recipe for success --- NOT.

WanadooProblems
09-04-2006, 22:35
Well,

I think they may have to start reconsidering!

Thanks for that!

Guess your new job is far more rewarding!

[Admin Edit] (Neil)-URL Removed (again)