PDA

View Full Version : General Stargate SG-1

Atomic22
15-09-2003, 19:40
i read on a website that sg1 returns with a new series in september on sky1 and apparently daniel jackson is found alone on a deserted planet and has lost his memory and is no longer a "higher being".....
i hope they are not trying to turn this superb series into a farce by bringing "dead" actors back to life...
they already brought apophis back a few times in past series.
its still the best sci fi series around though....
mind you i did like dark skies but no one else seemed to.

homealone
15-09-2003, 19:56
Originally posted by Atomic22
i read on a website that sg1 returns with a new series in september on sky1 and apparently daniel jackson is found alone on a deserted planet and has lost his memory and is no longer a "higher being".....
i hope they are not trying to turn this superb series into a farce by bringing "dead" actors back to life...

29th September, Sky 1, 20:00hrs according to Digiguide - & the storyline is as you say...

Never saw Dark Skies, but Dead Like Me starting Friday, Sky 1, looks interesting?

p.s. Christopher Judge is in tonights Andromeda

Defiant
15-09-2003, 20:04
Yep its good they find an alien spaceship on the first episode thats full of sleeping aliens :)

Atomic22
15-09-2003, 20:23
oh ive also just read that series 8 of sg1has been given the go ahead yet they reckon the last 2 episodes of series 7 constitutes the film they were going to make ........hmmmm

Lord Nikon
15-09-2003, 20:30
season 3 of enterprise goes to air in the US on sept 29th

Defiant
15-09-2003, 20:47
First episode has already been screened

Chris
15-09-2003, 21:03

Nope, Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson) has always said he wants to continue to be in SG-1 provided there were decent storylines for his character. He bowed out the last series, apart from a couple of guest slots, as he didn't feel he was getting this from the show's producers.

However, the show was dropped by its network at the end of the last series and it is now on Sci-Fi in the US. They have agreed to get some decent character development going for Dr Jackson, hence Michael Shanks is back on board.

PS - watched every episode of Dark Skies and loved it ... but not half as much as reading websites by some deranged nuts who thought the fact it got canned after on series was due to some alien conspiracy...

Jerrek
16-09-2003, 05:42

Whaa? You haven't seen season 7 yet? Yes, in season 7 Daniel Jackson is found and he returns to the series. The series goes back to normal then, like the previous seasons. :) In fact, after seeing the first 11 epsides of season 7, I am thinking this is a great season. I'm anxiously waiting for the 12th episode.

Season 7 episodes:

1, 2: Daniel is found
3, 5: GREAT episodes
6, 8: a bit weird... doesn't feel very Stargatish.

Now episode 11 is the mid series episode... Part 1 of 2. That annoys me, because they wait a few weeks before they air the second part, and I'm rather anxious for it right now.

Here are the titles:

7-1 Fallen (1)
7-2 Homecoming (2)
7-3 Fragile Balance
7-4 Orpheus
7-5 Revisions
7-6 Lifeboat
7-7 Enemy Mine
7-8 Space Race
7-9 Avenger 2.0
7-10 Birthright
7-11 Evolution (1)

season 3 of enterprise goes to air in the US on sept 29th

Um no, I hate to break it to you, but the season 3 premiere aired last week on Wednesday. This week Wednesday night we will see season 3, episode 2. I can't wait.

On a different note, Andromeda season 4 starts end of this month. W00t, so many series to watch.

aliferste
16-09-2003, 06:57
Ive just watched the whole lot......downlaoded them all and had a Stargate day............very good series although NOT heavy at all...all very lighthearted!!! Its more about character development for them all more than anything.

Dark Skies was great :)

Xaccers
16-09-2003, 07:37
Now why couldn't Sci-Fi taken over Firefly? :(

Dark Skies was good, especially the last episode with 7of9 wearing silky nightie pretending to be Nancy Reagan *drool*

homealone
16-09-2003, 08:54
On a different note, Andromeda season 4 starts end of this month. W00t, so many series to watch.

Series 3 finale last night, here. Nice to see Michael Shanks as a baddie:)

Lord Nikon
16-09-2003, 12:06
Originally posted by Jerrek

[b]season 3 of enterprise goes to air in the US on sept 29th

Um no, I hate to break it to you, but the season 3 premiere aired last week on Wednesday. This week Wednesday night we will see season 3, episode 2. I can't wait.

a topless t'pol

let that be the shape of things to come :D

And I won't post a spoiler before wednesday then :D

Defiant pointed out to me that the season had started, so I am caught up now lol

Atomic22
16-09-2003, 18:58
Originally posted by towny

PS - watched every episode of Dark Skies and loved it ... but not half as much as reading websites by some deranged nuts who thought the fact it got canned after on series was due to some alien conspiracy...

the geezer that played the top banana who knew everything about the aliens and the missions etc died just as they were about to start filming so they scrapped it. i can tremember his name but hes been in hundreds of films and series

Defiant
16-09-2003, 19:04
the geezer that played the top banana who knew everything about the aliens and the missions etc died just as they were about to start filming so they scrapped it. i can tremember his name but hes been in hundreds of films and series

Been a long time since I seen it but do you mean this guy

Download Failed (1)

Chris
16-09-2003, 19:08
Originally posted by Defiant

Download Failed (1)

That looks like him ... perhaps we should add his 'mysterious' death to the conspiracy theories thread? :D

Atomic22
16-09-2003, 19:24

http://www.tauspace.freeserve.co.uk/darkskies/frank_bach.jpg

yup thats the guy , top actor he was as well.

oh ive also just read that Lexa Doig :naughty:
who plays andromeda appears in the new sg1 series

Defiant
16-09-2003, 19:34
Anyone know if theirs another serie's of The Lexx. The cast of Red Dwarf guest starred in the last

ntluser
23-09-2003, 12:43
Anyone know if theirs another serie's of The Lexx. The cast of Red Dwarf guest starred in the last

It appears that The Lexx was cancelled. See this link:-

http://www.geocities.com/tvradioguru/TV_HELL2.html

Chris
23-09-2003, 12:46
Anyone see the pre-season documentary on Sky One last night? Fairly whetted my appetite I can tell you...

Despite everyone going on and on about how Corin Nemec is still part of the 'family' now Michael Shanks is back, I couldn't help notice how he got virtually no screen time at all compared with the others. But he was never a 'holding character', oh no... :rolleyes: :D

ntluser
23-09-2003, 13:08
Anyone see the pre-season documentary on Sky One last night? Fairly whetted my appetite I can tell you...

Despite everyone going on and on about how Corin Nemec is still part of the 'family' now Michael Shanks is back, I couldn't help notice how he got virtually no screen time at all compared with the others. But he was never a 'holding character', oh no... :rolleyes: :D

I'm looking forward to the new series starting next Monday. Be interesting to see what they come up with and how things pan out for each character.

The "Lowdown" show was interesting. Nice to see Christopher Judge away from his Teal'c persona. Also interesting and enjoyable to see him and Michael Shanks together in a recent episode of Andromeda.

homealone
23-09-2003, 13:20

Hi towny

yes I saw it, I can't wait till next Monday, it looks like it could be even better than ever.
I already knew Christopher Judge was a joky character, but the revelation for me was Teryl Rothery being so scatty & bubbly, quite unlike her character - and Amanda Tappings comment about the "valley of death" while she clipped a microphone to her bra was a hoot.

Chris
23-09-2003, 18:41
...and now I think we should all go and re-sit our Geekometer test. :D

Atomic22
23-09-2003, 19:09
...and now I think we should all go and re-sit our Geekometer test. :D
some of us are that sad we are registered on the official sg1 site and we get regular emails and screensavers and backdrops and........i need to get out more:spin:

Defiant
23-09-2003, 19:14
Some are already upto date with whats happened too ;)

homealone
23-09-2003, 19:16
Originally posted by ntluser
I'm looking forward to the new series starting next Monday. Be interesting to see what they come up with and how things pan out for each character.

The "Lowdown" show was interesting. Nice to see Christopher Judge away from his Teal'c persona. Also interesting and enjoyable to see him and Michael Shanks together in a recent episode of Andromeda.

It was interesting to see them in Andromeda, especially Michael Shanks as the bad guy for a change, sadly apart from the repeats on channel 4, we'll have to wait a while for any new episodes. - I think thats why I'm so looking forward to Stargate, 'cos there aren't any current series of my favourite programmes on at the moment. I havn't made my mind up about "Dead Like Me", yet.

& @towny :D

Atomic22
23-09-2003, 19:39
yup most of us know about every episode of series 7 , some of us have downloaded episodes already and are reading up on what will happen is series 8 now they have given the go ahead for it

Defiant
23-09-2003, 19:41
strange how their going on about series 8 when they haven't screened/finished all of season 7

Atomic22
23-09-2003, 19:51
Sci-Fi cuts Season Eight short?
SEPTEMBER 13, 2003

Season Eight may come in two episodes short, according to an announcement at this weekend's Gatecon Stargate convention in Vancouver. The Sci-Fi Channel has ordered an unusual 20 episodes for Stargate SG-1's eighth and potentially final year, reports say -- two shy of the usual 22-episode run.

Reasons for the short order are not yet known. But the effect will be that production on the season will likely end late in the summer, rather than the traditional early fall. Because of this, Gatecon 2004 is scheduled for July 15 to 18, 2004.

We'll let you know more as we find out! Season Eight is expected to begin production next February, with a premiere in June.

Atomic22
01-10-2003, 20:32
well then people what did everyone think to the opening episode of series 7?

homealone
01-10-2003, 21:50

it was over far too soon & I can't wait for the second episode:smokin:

Chris
01-10-2003, 22:07
The Daniel-Jackson's-lost-his-memory storyline was shaping up nicely ... lots of moody character development etc etc, and then they just threw it all aside to go blow the special effects budget on a homage to the Death Star Battle. It was all very nicely done, but I wish they'd concentrated on the interesting character stuff for a bit longer.

homealone
01-10-2003, 22:21
The Daniel-Jackson's-lost-his-memory storyline was shaping up nicely ... lots of moody character development etc etc, and then they just threw it all aside to go blow the special effects budget on a homage to the Death Star Battle. It was all very nicely done, but I wish they'd concentrated on the interesting character stuff for a bit longer.

agree "homage" was a better description than rip-off, towny, the thought had crossed my mind;)

- allegedly "character development" is what this series is all about - I said I can't wait:) - have you heard anything about the Atlantis spin-off?

Mal
01-10-2003, 22:28
have you heard anything about the Atlantis spin-off?

Stargate Atlantis (http://ozstargate.tripod.com/atlantis/)

homealone
01-10-2003, 22:44

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Chris
02-10-2003, 11:15
Heven help us, they're going to do Seaquest ...

Mal
02-10-2003, 11:19
Heven help us, they're going to do Seaquest ...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maggy
02-10-2003, 12:49
Well I won't bother with that.Once the original finishes I think that should be that.Else we will end up with terrible plot repeats as we got with all versions of Star Trek.

Incog. :)

dr wadd
02-10-2003, 14:26

That's been in the works for several months now

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/index.shtml

But at least that is in keeping with the current series. I've yet to see it myself, but from what I`ve read Stargate Infinity is the one to avoid.

Chris
02-10-2003, 15:15
agree "homage" was a better description than rip-off, towny, the thought had crossed my mind;)
The sequence where the Goauld (sp?) weapon's power core blows up is almost identical to the Death Star's power core explosion from Return of the Jedi ... I only wish I could post stills of the two side by side! My Film Studies graduate missus has a word for this - 'intertextuality'. It's where the director consciously pays a complement to a previous film by making reference to it in his own (another example - I was watching Dr Dolittle on ITV1 last night. Eddie Murphy walks past a dog in the pound, which mutters 'I am Keyser Sose' at him...)

dr wadd
02-10-2003, 15:24
I also don`t ever recall seeing an energy weapon in SG1 having recall before, but the cannon on Anubis' mothership in the shot where the 302 was tracked flying past looked suspiciously like a Death Star turbo-laser.

I`m also not sure whether there was an Star Trek reference in there as well with Daniel constantly calling O`Neill "Jim". I was wondering whether this is a reference to Star Trek 4 when Spock is back from the dead and Kirk is trying to persuade Spock to call him Jim.

dr wadd
02-10-2003, 15:25
The sequence where the Goauld (sp?) weapon's power core blows up is almost identical to the Death Star's power core explosion from Return of the Jedi

I found all the Star Wars references rather amusing, and was giggling out loud when that particular one came up.

Chris
02-10-2003, 15:27
I also don`t ever recall seeing an energy weapon in SG1 having recall before, but the cannon on Anubis' mothership in the shot where the 302 was tracked flying past looked suspiciously like a Death Star turbo-laser.

I`m also not sure whether there was an Star Trek reference in there as well with Daniel constantly calling O`Neill "Jim". I was wondering whether this is a reference to Star Trek 4 when Spock is back from the dead and Kirk is trying to persuade Spock to call him Jim.
Don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised ... personally my favourite line from the whole episode was probably this masterful piece of self-reference:

Alien bloke: Is he [Tealc] a Jafar?
O'Neill: No, but he plays one in a TV show.

zoombini
02-10-2003, 16:06
Its also surprising that no-one told Jim to "use the force" when he was blowing up the death star..lol

It was all a bit farsical.. Still, thats what SG1/Star Trek/Star Wars/etc is all about..
Good fun though.

ZrByte
02-10-2003, 17:20
I love all the Wizard of OZ refferences in SG-1, always make me chuckle :D
I never actually noticed the Starwars Refferences though now you mention it there seem to be a lot of similarities.

There is also a refference to aliens I believe when Daniel cant remember his way to the cargoship.

I was going to take those screenshots for you to compare but for some reason windows refuses to take them, it used to work :shrug:

Atomic22
02-10-2003, 20:25
yeh stargate has been quoting wizard of oz since series one....the plots for series 8 look good though

Atomic22
09-10-2003, 17:51
watching the 2nd episode of series 7 ,i am wondering why we haven't seen the face of anubis yet....i am thinking maybe its going to be someone from a past series brought back to life....apophis for example.
anyone else thought this about anubis?

aliferste
09-10-2003, 18:18
watching the 2nd episode of series 7 ,i am wondering why we haven't seen the face of anubis yet....i am thinking maybe its going to be someone from a past series brought back to life....apophis for example.
anyone else thought this about anubis?

Nah, I cant see it being Apohis.......well then again......nah...that would be plain silly
:rolleyes:

Where is the plot guide for series 8 by the way?

dr wadd
09-10-2003, 18:24
I`m obviously not going to post a spoiler here, but I thought we had already learned the reason why we don`t see his face. I`m not sure if I saw that on telly or the web, so not going to post the details.

*Edit* Gateworld mentions why, in the Anubis page, and it only goes up as far as the episodes we've had on Sky 1, so must have been on television.

homealone
09-10-2003, 18:29
I`m obviously not going to post a spoiler here, but I thought we had already learned the reason why we don`t see his face. I`m not sure if I saw that on telly or the web, so not going to post the details.

*Edit* Gateworld mentions why, in the Anubis page, and it only goes up as far as the episodes we've had on Sky 1, so must have been on television.

I'm sure I remember Daniel speculating that Anubis is a Goa'uld who learned how to "ascend", but was sent back & is somehow connected to the Ancients?

Atomic22
09-10-2003, 18:38
most news is available on www.gateworld.net about series 7 and www.stargate-sg1.com/home.html seems to carry a lot of breaking news on series 8...i was just pondering though as to anubis being unmasked as someone else from the past in a future episode maybe in series 8

aliferste
09-10-2003, 21:11
Bit of a change of subject i know.......but is anyone looking forward to the new Battlestar Galactica series?

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

:)

homealone
09-10-2003, 21:38
Bit of a change of subject i know.......but is anyone looking forward to the new Battlestar Galactica series?

thanks - didn't know about that, "re-invent the sci-fi television series" - we will wait and see.:)

Defiant
09-10-2003, 21:39
I'm sure I remember Daniel speculating that Anubis is a Goa'uld who learned how to "ascend", but was sent back & is somehow connected to the Ancients?
Correct. I dont think he learn't to ascent though they took him. Realised they made a mistake but somehow he learn't how to stay. So he's like halfway their (limbo). He has some sort of field around him to protect him from ascending back. We still dont know why they left him alone though

aliferste
09-10-2003, 21:41
Have a look through the site........it is iether going to be very very good........or very very bad !!!!
They seem to be taking it in an altogether different direction!

edit::im talking about battlestar galactica!

Defiant
09-10-2003, 22:02

Doe's this carry on from the 80's series :) were they got back to earth but were preparing for the enemy (whatever they were called) Or is it going to be started from the very beginning :(

ZrByte
10-10-2003, 02:25
From what I gather, Anubis Gou'ld'ed somone who had the knowledge of how to ascend but had not ascended yet (Probably wasnt ready to die), he used this knowledge to ascend himself, when he started to abuse his power the others tried to banish him (Much like that guy in the episode in Series 5 'Ascention'). Only he resisted, maybe something to do with him coming from a different species, as far as we know only the ancients and humans have ever ascended before and since we are basicly the same species who knows what wierd things another species would be able to do if ascended.
They tried to push him back to our Realm like they did with Daniel only when he pushed back He got stuck in another Realm wich exists between ours and the ascended realm.
once he got stuck in this sort of Limbo the other ascended could not effect him, they couldnt erase his memory like they did with daniel so he used the knowledge he gained to find all of these shiny new superweapons he now has (Such as the new shields)

On a side note, has anyone read the script outtakes for the season 7 series finale?? It was originally writen to be the first feature movie and the launching platform for Stargate Atlantis. I gotta say after reading it I hope they dont change much coz it sounds awesome.

aliferste
10-10-2003, 07:09
Doe's this carry on from the 80's series :) were they got back to earth but were preparing for the enemy (whatever they were called) Or is it going to be started from the very beginning :(

its going to be from the very beginning....Starbuck is a women and the Cylons have made themselves proper bodies..

Have a look through the site......im disapointed that they have changed he Cylons.....I still think they were the coolest bady out :)

dr wadd
10-10-2003, 09:29
Well, when Edward James Olmos who is playing Adama in the new version says at a press conference for the show that fans of the original should avoid the remake you`ve got to wonder just how bad it is.

http://www.filmhobbit.com/forum/archive/topic/3831-1.html

ntluser
10-10-2003, 12:15
Well, when Edward James Olmos who is playing Adama in the new version says at a press conference for the show that fans of the original should avoid the remake you`ve got to wonder just how bad it is.

http://www.filmhobbit.com/forum/archive/topic/3831-1.html

I suppose that means it is so far removed from the original series that fans who really enjoyed it may/will be disappointed with the new series.

It may well be they want to move the series on in new directions but I quite liked the Cylons and their technology.

It does make you wonder about the wisdom of re-making classic shows as in most cases the re-makes tend to be disappointing.

ZrByte
10-10-2003, 22:27
So.... Back On Topic :p

Who do you guys think the Atlantians are? according to one of the Writers for SG-1 they may be a race we have allready met, who do you think are the most likley candidates??

I think it Will be Jonas Quinns People, Remember the episode where Nimti Experiments on SG-1, she also has an entire Village she has been experimenting on, whenever one of them goes into this machine (Wich was designed by the Ancients) It causes them extreme pain but when Jonas goes into the machine he doesnt even flinch. Nimti Also comments about how 3000 years of seperate evolution have changed his people much from a standard human.

Defiant
10-10-2003, 22:35
Starbuck is a women

Well he was always a lady's man but feck :eeek: :D

Defiant
10-10-2003, 22:53
So.... Back On Topic :p

Who do you guys think the Atlantians are? according to one of the Writers for SG-1 they may be a race we have allready met, who do you think are the most likley candidates??

I think it Will be Jonas Quinns People, Remember the episode where Nimti Experiments on SG-1, she also has an entire Village she has been experimenting on, whenever one of them goes into this machine (Wich was designed by the Ancients) It causes them extreme pain but when Jonas goes into the machine he doesnt even flinch. Nimti Also comments about how 3000 years of seperate evolution have changed his people much from a standard human.

Hmm I can't remember what they were called (don't think Sg1 knew) but wasn't their an enemy that used some device to make themselve's look like the humans. They took over Stargate command but ended up having to retreat. That was the first and last time we seen them. It left it open for for them to be used again.

http://www.stargate-sg1.com/home/episodes/images/fullsize_s3/Fthld_1.jpg

ZrByte
11-10-2003, 01:43
Atlantis is supposed to be an Ancient Colony, The Ancients where human in appearence, Episode 4 season 6 'Frozen' they find one of the Ancients frozen beneath the Glacier that the second stargate was found under.
Allthough that is a good choice for an obscure alien race wich we have never heard of again I doubt it is them. Im also waiting for the Reetu to make a return, we know they where amassing an army to attack Earth but we never dealt with them so there is still a massive army of invisible aliens waiting to strike Earth (and we saw how much damage 5 of them did, and we had one of them on our side that time)

Another thought is that it could be the Achene, the alien race wich sterralised the population of Earth while pretending to be our friends in the future (In episode 10 season 5 '2001' and Episode 16 season 4 '2010') Now thier name Achene could actually be how thier language has evolved seperate from the ancients (e.g. over a hundred years Ancients becomes Anchient, one hundred years later it becomes Anchene and then eventually it drops the 'n' alltogether and becomes Achene).

deadite66
11-10-2003, 06:38
aren't we also waiting for the Furlings to make an appearance?

Atomic22
11-10-2003, 18:14
what does everyone think of jonas by the way?
i think he isn't a strong enough character and was also a pretty poor substitute for daniel.

aliferste
11-10-2003, 19:27
what does everyone think of jonas by the way?
i think he isn't a strong enough character and was also a pretty poor substitute for daniel.

Jeesh, to be honest when he first came in the series I thought he was pretty lame......but later on...well i bagan to think he was pretty smart....especially towards the end there...i was sad to see him go. In fact i reckon there is still a space for Jonas in the series, its a pity to see him go when he was just developing into a good strong character!

zoombini
11-10-2003, 19:37
Jonas?
YOu mean the guy who just left the series?

lol

aliferste
11-10-2003, 19:51
Yea, Jonas!! The bloke was alright......he came in and gave it a good shot....and suceeded as far as im concerned.....then got booted out because Danial wanted back!! :)

ZrByte
11-10-2003, 21:08
Did Jonas remind anyone else of Joey from Friends when he first started??

aliferste
11-10-2003, 21:29

I just remembered him as the weedy guy from "the stand"

homealone
11-10-2003, 21:37

I think I know what you mean, the innocence?

I thought your earlier idea about his "unique genetic makeup" was interesting.

ntluser
13-10-2003, 09:54
aren't we also waiting for the Furlings to make an appearance?

The Furlings did make a brief appearance. It was the episode where,while investigating a new planet, Colonel Mayborne and O'Neill are transported to an area where there are dead bodies everywhere.These were the last of the Furlings.They had, so O'Neill concluded, all killed each other.

It turned out that a gou'ald had infiltrated their group and had introduced a plant into their diet, which had the same effect as locoweed. All the Furlings became paranoid and suspicious of each other to the point where they killed each other. Mayborne and O'Neill nearly suffered the same fate.

ntluser
13-10-2003, 10:01
Jeesh, to be honest when he first came in the series I thought he was pretty lame......but later on...well i bagan to think he was pretty smart....especially towards the end there...i was sad to see him go. In fact i reckon there is still a space for Jonas in the series, its a pity to see him go when he was just developing into a good strong character!

I totally agree. Jonas has earned his place at Stargate Command and has still left the script writers room to chose which 4 of the 5 went through the stargate on missions each week.

I would have thought that it also give the actors a little more free time e.g. Richard Dean Anderson is an environmentalist and could spend more time doing that, Chris Judge could spend more time writing etc.

Time to start a bring back Jonas campaign.

ntluser
13-10-2003, 10:16
Atlantis is supposed to be an Ancient Colony, The Ancients where human in appearence, Episode 4 season 6 'Frozen' they find one of the Ancients frozen beneath the Glacier that the second stargate was found under.
Allthough that is a good choice for an obscure alien race wich we have never heard of again I doubt it is them. Im also waiting for the Reetu to make a return, we know they where amassing an army to attack Earth but we never dealt with them so there is still a massive army of invisible aliens waiting to strike Earth (and we saw how much damage 5 of them did, and we had one of them on our side that time)

Another thought is that it could be the Achene, the alien race wich sterralised the population of Earth while pretending to be our friends in the future (In episode 10 season 5 '2001' and Episode 16 season 4 '2010') Now thier name Achene could actually be how thier language has evolved seperate from the ancients (e.g. over a hundred years Ancients becomes Anchient, one hundred years later it becomes Anchene and then eventually it drops the 'n' alltogether and becomes Achene).

There was the episode where the Stargate team find a sea and an alien comes out of the water and kidnaps Daniel. He also convinces the others by brainwashing that Daniel is dead because he wants to use Daniel's knowledge of Babylon to find out about his mate. Daniel is held prisoner underwater, while the alien interrogates him.The alien has possibilities as an Atlantan.

I'm also looking forward to the return of the Reetu and even suggested on the Stargate web-site that a Reetu hit team assassinates the US president thus making way for Senator Kinsey (Ronnie Cox) to become president, with all the implications that has for General Hammond.

The alien found in the glacier was interesting. Human in form but having amazing powers. Maybe the difference is to do with the development of the mind and the brain and all the hidden powers we possess. Maybe the ancients are where we will be in the future when we finally understand our potential.

Atomic22
14-10-2003, 19:03
the kid that was playing young o'neill in episode 3 had him down to a T and had me in stitches

ntluser
14-10-2003, 19:08
the kid that was playing young o'neill in episode 3 had him down to a T and had me in stitches

Absolutely. It was a brilliant characterisation.

Maggy
25-10-2003, 08:21
I thought this weeks episode was entirely pointless.It added nothing to the continuing saga and was entirely too predictable.It was more a sort of dragging back in old faces to the series for the sake of keeping them on the pay roll.
It was very dull in my opinion.

ntluser
25-10-2003, 08:47
I thought this weeks episode was entirely pointless.It added nothing to the continuing saga and was entirely too predictable.It was more a sort of dragging back in old faces to the series for the sake of keeping them on the pay roll.
It was very dull in my opinion.

I can understand the need to rescue Ryac & Bratac ( I actually like them as characters) but the episode was lacking in the high impact action scenes that we've seen in the past and the subtle twists, surprises & melodrama that take the episode out of the ordinary.

I did enjoy the episode to a degree but to merely see O'Neill and colleagues lined up on a ridge sniping the Jaffa was a bit boring. Where was the use of claymores and zat guns? Where were the well-laid ambushes? Why did Dr. Jackson & Samantha Carter have to go to the ship floating over the camp when in previous episodes they have used rocket launchers to take out that sort of craft? Where was the exciting use of music to build up the tension.? The whole thing was very low key and lacked drama.

Hopefully, next week it will be more interesting.

aliferste
25-10-2003, 14:34
Does anyone think it was weird that jack o neil wanted to sleep with teenage girls.....even if he was in a young boys body ??

Maggy
25-10-2003, 14:42
Does anyone think it was weird that jack o neil wanted to sleep with teenage girls.....even if he was in a young boys body ??

No!Even mature men aren't dead below the waist.Add a young libido to the pot and I'm not surprised at all.

General Maximus
22-09-2021, 06:36
Very sadly Willie Garson aka Martin Lloyd has passed away. He was only in three episodes but they were some of my favourite of the entire series and I would definitely put them in the top 10.

General Maximus
19-03-2022, 18:25
Amazon has completed its acquisition of MGM so hopefully they'll give the green light to Brad Wright to go ahead with a fourth Stargate series. I am very excited and can't wait to see what they do with a tonne of money behind them. The Expanse was fantastic.

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63566326/

pip08456
19-03-2022, 20:16
Amazon has completed its acquisition of MGM so hopefully they'll give the green light to Brad Wright to go ahead with a fourth Stargate series. I am very excited and can't wait to see what they do with a tonne of money behind them. The Expanse was fantastic.

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63566326/

Well Brad was in discussion with MGM until the Amozon deal came along. Now that it's been finalised there's a good chance.

General Maximus
20-03-2022, 02:09
yeah, given the enormous success of the franchise they would absolutely silly not to.

Paul
20-03-2022, 19:30
If it happens, great, but I'm not holding my breath.

cimt
21-03-2022, 08:57
It would be nice but I don't think Stargate has that big of a following these days.

pip08456
21-03-2022, 09:14
It would be nice but I don't think Stargate has that big of a following these days.

I think you could be wrong.

General Maximus
21-03-2022, 09:53
funny you should say that. I think the entire series was made available on Netflix last year or the year before which will have opened it up to an entire new audience and generation.

I am a huge geek and have tshirts for different series l love like SG1, TNG, Voyager, DS9 and various MCU movies. I hadn't seen Atlantis in a while and worked my way through it in February and absolutely loved it. When I got to the end of season four I decided to treat myself to two Atlantis tshirts (Amazon has a huge range of this kind of stuff if you are interested) so I could keep the nostalgia going as I knew the series was coming to an end and I didn't want it to finish :cry:.

I wore one of the tshirts when I went out shopping and popped into Subway last week. There was a young lad behind the counter who couldn't have been more than 17 or 18 and the first thing he said to me was "hey, I am watching SG1 and I am up to season 3". We stood there and had a chat for a few minutes to the dismay of the people in the queue behind me and he told me how Teal'c was his favourite character and I told him the series just gets better and better, he has got so much to look forward to and Atlantis kicks in with a crossover at the end of season 7. We could have chatted for ages.

The great thing is that people are still enjoying this phenomenal series which started 25 years ago. I can remember when it first aired back in 1997 and how blown away I was. I think it is fantastic that after all this time it is finding a new audience and like me who watched it when it was first on and may be parents now (or even their parents) can now watch it with their children or grandchildren.

I have never been to a convention but I like to watch panels on youtube for the various series I am interested in to see what actors think about things and some of the stuff that happens behind the scenes. There has been a fan website around for a long time called Gateworld (https://www.gateworld.net/) and one of the guys who runs it has a youtube channel called Dial the Gate (https://www.youtube.com/c/DialtheGate).

Pip sent me a link to a youtube video a while ago for a video which was an excerpt from an interview with one of the cast members. It got me intrigued and I wanted to watch more so I looked at the original source and discovered Dial the Gate. The guy who runs the channel has been a huge and long time Stargate fan and decided to start the channel during the pandemic. Over the last couple of years he has done very professional interviews with everyone and everyone involved in Stargate ranging from the actors, guest stars, directors, producers, writers, you name it. I am slowly working my way through them and they are a great watch. I have said many a time that Stargate is magic and has a secret recipe to it. It isn't good because of one person, whether it be actors or directors, and it is a culmination of the acting, writing, directing and literally everyone involved and that comes across with every single interview and the passion with which people talk about the show, even after all these years. When we have had discussions in other threads over the last couple of years about a potential new SG series I have said a couple of times that they need to get the core team back of Brad Wright, Joe Mallozzi, Andy Mikita, Peter Deluise, Robert Cooper etc. There are so many special moments in SG1 and you keep seeing the same names pop up time and time again for the producers, writers and directors and you know it is a special group of people who have this collective vision.

The Dial the Gate interviews are usually about 1 hr 30 mins long and offer a fascinating insight into what happened behind the scenes. You get to know a little bit about the people involved, how they got involved with Stargate and all sorts of behind the scenes stories, some of which are hilarious. What is interesting is the thought process of how things happen logistically or how certain story lines came about and were approached. If you are a fan of the show I can't recommend it enough. It is still going and you can submit questions on youtube to be asked to the relevant guest every week so I highly recommend you check it out.

pip08456
21-03-2022, 18:20
Nice to know I did something right General.

pip08456
10-12-2022, 13:22
Is this the news we've been waiting for?

1zyUSeGHyBA