PDA

View Full Version : Connection lost problem on Tiger woods

criddy
10-04-2005, 12:21
Hi

Im connecting my ntl modem through a router so that i can use 2 computers and my ps2 network at the same time.

It has all connected fine and i registered my ps2 fine. I have been playing ssx3 on the ps2 network and it has been working good and i have never had trouble. I have just brought tiger woods 2005, I can connect to the lobby but when it connects to a game it only lasts a few shots before it says connection lost. one guy said it was something to do with the router settings having auto disconnect turned on but i cant see this option on my setting screen.

I just dont understand why one game works ok but this one doesn't.

Any help would be appreciated.

ikthius
12-04-2005, 23:30
twg is such an awesome game too bad it doesnt work online for ya

thst doen't help him.

ik

Raistlin
12-04-2005, 23:44
Hi criddy :welcome: to CF.

You may find that problem has something to do with the game's servers being unable to connect properly to your machine if you are behind the router.

The server may be trying to establish a connection on a port which your router is blocking, if this is the case you may need to forward the ports through the router in order for the game to stay connected.

Can you just supply a couple of details please:

What system are you playing Tiger Woods on? Are you playing on the PS2 or your PC?

What model of router are you using?

Ok, it appears that you do need to forward additional ports for TW to be able to connect properly.

I'm not sure what version of the game you are using but there is some good info in the Support section of EA's website and a Google search has thrown up a couple of answers as well.

If you want to post back with what version/platform you are using and also what make and model of router you are using we can try and help you get the ports open.

criddy
13-04-2005, 00:08
Hi

Thanks for your help!

Im trying to play the game on my PS2 network.
My router is Linksys cable 4 port router.

If you could explain what ports and how to do this in simpleton terms that would be great. Im ok on comps just not with all the jargon and router settings etc.

Thanks

Raistlin
13-04-2005, 00:31
Do you know the model number of the router?

And is the game just called "Tiger Woods" or is it something else?

Sorry buddy but I have got to go to bed now.

There's some info here about which ports to open for TW 2004 (assuming that's what you have) - just scroll down the list until you find it:

http://www.portforward.com/cports.htm

And for information on how to foward the required ports look here for your router's model number:

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

If you can't make head/tail of it give us a shout back tomorrow, if I'm not about I'm sure someone will be who can talk you through it.

Oh, and for an explanation of what the hell I'm talking about the FAQ is quite good :D

http://www.portforward.com/help.htm