PDA

View Full Version : EA rubbing Xbox's nose in it? I think not.

Boom
15-09-2003, 13:19
http://spong.com/index.asp?art=5517

Yippee bl@@dy yey. Can't see any of these 'rubbing' M$ nose in it tbh.

LOTR:TRotK co-op, don't really care. If it was multi-player versus then maybe I would.
The Sims:Bustin' Out, never played any of The Sims games, but if I did it would be on PC.
Need for Speed : Underground, like what, we don't already have several online racers? and with PGR2 coming up (not to mention Rallisport Challenge 2 and GT online).
Medal of Honour:Rising Sun, 8 player multi-player. Churning out another MOH game. MOHAA was good on PC, but can't really see much better coming from EA.

There's only two EA games I'd consider getting an online adaptor for my PS2 and that's Madden and FIFA (or whatver football game that's going to be available online).

Ricky G
15-09-2003, 13:29
I haven't touched my PS2 in a while. Like you, FIFA would be the only game I'd get an adapter for although I'm hoping XSN sports will pull their finger out and release something amazing. Even if they did though I doubt they'd have the proper names of the teams/players etc :(

Boom
15-09-2003, 13:52
Originally posted by Ricky G
I haven't touched my PS2 in a while. Like you, FIFA would be the only game I'd get an adapter for although I'm hoping XSN sports will pull their finger out and release something amazing. Even if they did though I doubt they'd have the proper names of the teams/players etc :(

I wish M$ or Sega (with its ESPN 2K franchise) would pull their finger out and produce a decent online footie game. I know M$ is aware of the problem, but they need to get on the case. :D

timewarrior2001
15-09-2003, 16:14
I really dont see what EA hope to achieve.

One thing that does bother me is this:-

Microsoft and EA have fallen out.
Microsoft and Nvidia have fallen out.

What happens if the same happens to ATI and Microsoft?

What will happen to the future of the machine, the prospects of XBOX2 ever seeing th elight of day?

It is worrying and Microsoft have to stop acting like a big kid.

Boom
15-09-2003, 16:22
It's called business. If after Xbox2, ATI and M$ have a falling out, M$ move back to NVidia (or whatever graphical company enterprise has taken over as topdog by then).

Interestingly, EA haven't confirmed online play for LOTR:TRotK in Europe: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=new&aid=2238 .

Are there any other current or upcoming online games Sony will be regionalising? Did I hear Madden won't be online in Europe?

Its bad that Sega messed up last year with Europe and the US not able to play each other on NHL2K3, but outright not providing online support for a region is just plain dumb.

Originally posted by timewarrior2001
I really dont see what EA hope to achieve.

One thing that does bother me is this:-

Microsoft and EA have fallen out.
Microsoft and Nvidia have fallen out.

What happens if the same happens to ATI and Microsoft?

What will happen to the future of the machine, the prospects of XBOX2 ever seeing th elight of day?

It is worrying and Microsoft have to stop acting like a big kid.

timewarrior2001
15-09-2003, 16:30
Originally posted by Boom
It's called business. If after Xbox2, ATI and M$ have a falling out, M$ move back to NVidia (or whatever graphical company enterprise has taken over as topdog by then).

What happens if neither Nvidia nor ATI will touch Microsoft as a business partner then?

I guess the way around it is that Microsoft havent actually gone into partnership with ATI for Xbox2, they are going to use ATI licensed chips.

I still find it worrying, and I think it is bad business. Microsoft need to persuade people to work with them not fall out with X Y and Z cmpanies, especially over money.

Boom
15-09-2003, 16:58
Companies come and go. Where's 3dfx these days?

Any which way, companies still want to make money and M$ (just like Sony or Nintendo) will find component manufacturers irrespective of past-dealings which, if, by the time M$ start looking at Xbox3 will be like 2008-9 earliest if at all. Not too worried about M$ position with its hardware manufacturers, more worried about their situation with the game publishers and developers.

Originally posted by timewarrior2001
What happens if neither Nvidia nor ATI will touch Microsoft as a business partner then?

I guess the way around it is that Microsoft havent actually gone into partnership with ATI for Xbox2, they are going to use ATI licensed chips.

I still find it worrying, and I think it is bad business. Microsoft need to persuade people to work with them not fall out with X Y and Z cmpanies, especially over money.

ic14
15-09-2003, 17:09
Originally posted by Boom
[url]
Medal of Honour:Rising Sun, 8 player multi-player. Churning out another MOH game. MOHAA was good on PC, but can't really see much better coming from EA.

I cant wait for that game (dont get all this anti EAism that goes on around here!)

Bifta
15-09-2003, 18:50
I can't wait for NFS Underground, the ability to soup up your cars and race them, and Tiger Woods 2004 (which is scheduled for this month) is eagerly anticipated now I've completed career mode in 2003.

TigaSefi
15-09-2003, 21:58
MOH: Rising Sun looks like a class act, it on me list and kronass that an AAA title :D

kronas
16-09-2003, 02:40
Originally posted by TigaSefi
MOH: Rising Sun looks like a class act, it on me list and kronass that an AAA title :D

i cant argue with that a top title :)

Boom
16-09-2003, 13:37
So went down to Game today at lunch to look for the PS2 Madden 04 boxes and its not even online in Europe! So what sports titles from EA will be online via ps2 this year?

And here I thought I was going to have to run down and buy a network adapter for that door-stop. Not buying Madden now at all for any platform.

Bring on Fever and Sega 2K.