PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with instant NTL problem

howie
05-04-2005, 21:49
Basically 2 NTL engineers visited my flat last wednesday to install my TV service, telephone, broadband. I chose the 2mb cable BB + base pack TV. First problem was with the TV. NTL say give it 2 hours to receive all my subscribed channels. Gave it 3 days and nothing so I called them and read them the number from the bottom of the set top box and the no. off the NTL viewing card, fair enough that all works fine. The co-axial goes from the box on the wall to a splitter where one lead goes to my TV and one to my cable modem in my room.

Ok my RDY and SYNC lights are all on on my modem and the engineer tells me it is ready to go. Also the D/S light is flashing at me too. Anyway basically I obviously have the newest NTL equipment (NTL 200 modem + new CD) maybe this is the problem lol? I go through setup on the CD and disable all my firewalls etc. it checks my hardware... fine, then i select cable modem, then select USB connection... all fine then its asks for: first name, surname, confirm surname, PIN code, telephone number. Its taken me few attempts to get this PIN as NTL said their systems were down. I have it now and enter the relevant information and contact number but all it keeps saying is "error whilst trying to authenticate your account information" therefore i am left STILL with no broadband. I cant get round this problem, i don't know whether its the signal, connections or what? but my TV on the same line works fine so it must be account info! can anyone help me as I just get transferred in circles round NTL CS! no help!

thankyou!

Marge
05-04-2005, 21:51
Don't try to install with the CD !!!!

Connect all your cables, turn everything on and type these numbers in the address bar of your browser "80.5.178.26"

Should hopefully get you on the registration page and fingers crossed it should get you registered from there :tu:

bmxbandit
05-04-2005, 21:54
Don't try to install with the CD !!!!
if you are using USB, you need the drivers from the cd.

if at all possible, use an ethernet connection though!

nostra
05-04-2005, 22:02
to do the website registration you will require a serial number which is... ntl-ct8-cj486 :)

paulyoung666
05-04-2005, 22:04
all the above advice is useful howie , and may i also :welcome: you to the site :tu: