PDA

View Full Version : Check inside the packet !!

Mike
04-04-2005, 18:50
Hi all

Brought this from tescos................I normally check inside the package first but this time that was not the case :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Any way a question for you all.......have a look at the picture on the box and guess how thick the steak was !!!!

Mike

Neil
04-04-2005, 18:52
What are we looking at Mike? ;)

Mike
04-04-2005, 18:55
What are we looking at Mike? ;)

Hold on uploading now :) In progress

Russ
04-04-2005, 18:55
PM one of the team if you need help with the 'attachment' feature ;)

Electrolyte01
04-04-2005, 19:01
I'd say about 0.5CM :D

Halcyon
04-04-2005, 20:58
Cant really see it too well, but I take it you didint get what you wanted.

Chimaera
04-04-2005, 21:07
Yeah - I've bought those and they have the cheek to say on the box 'serves 2'. 2 VERY small people then!!

Hom3r
04-04-2005, 21:12
Hint read 'serves two' then count the number of steaks

Earl of Bronze
04-04-2005, 21:15
Well, at least you'll have space for that one last ''Waffer thin chocolate mint'' (said in a French accent ah la John Cleese). ;)

danielf
04-04-2005, 21:18
Must be a lot of sauce then. 300 grams of meat would normally be sufficient for 2 people.

Flubflow
04-04-2005, 21:22
I'll never understand the point of those pretty packaged steaks.
Buy a normal cut of lovely fresh tender steak. Something that you can actually see the quality and size of. Make your own sauce (or buy a sachet of powered sauce if you can't be bothered to make from scratch). Finally, fry or grill to taste. It will cost you the same yet it will be much more enjoyable. :)

danielf
04-04-2005, 21:23
. Make your own sauce (or buy a sachet of powered sauce if you can't be bothered to make from scratch). Finally, fry or grill to taste. It will cost you the same yet it will be much more enjoyable. :)

Powered sauce... :drool: Must give you a kick :)

hoggyspuds
04-04-2005, 21:25
Hi all

Brought this from tescos................I normally check inside the package first but this time that was not the case :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Any way a question for you all.......have a look at the picture on the box and guess how thick the steak was !!!!

Mike

you could suggest this for the lose weight thread currently running! :D

nffc
04-04-2005, 23:18
rofl.

Tezcatlipoca
04-04-2005, 23:47
Hi all

Brought this from tescos...

That's what you get for buying meat from a supermarket ;)

zoombini
05-04-2005, 09:17
And how thick were they then?

Arte you going to complain to your local trading stds that it does not match the picture in any way shape or size?

Or take it back & get a double refund or something?

Or did you just eat it & let them get away with such an awful thing :D

handyman
05-04-2005, 09:51
eeeww why buy that?

Just buy 2 filet steaks. pop them in a hot pan for 5 mins (rare), 8 mins (medium) or 10 mins (well done) . Make sure you seal all sides of the steaks. then add some chopped onion and some chopped mushrooms and then season with cracked black pepper and a little salt. cook this down a bit then remove the steaks and set to one side. add 2 large table spoons of cracked black pepper stir in then pour in half a glass of white wine. Give this a simmer for 2 mins then pour in 1/4 pint fresh double cream and a little mustard. stir this all together and add the steaks. serve with new potatoes, brocolli and carrots.

For a hotter sauce put cracked blck pepper on the steaks before cooking.

Yum yum.

Mike
05-04-2005, 09:55
OK the answer to how thick the steak was is 4 mm !!!

I

STONEISLAND
05-04-2005, 09:59
eeeww why buy that?

Just buy 2 filet steaks. pop them in a hot pan for 5 mins (rare), 8 mins (medium) or 10 mins (well done) . Make sure you seal all sides of the steaks. then add some chopped onion and some chopped mushrooms and then season with cracked black pepper and a little salt. cook this down a bit then remove the steaks and set to one side. add 2 large table spoons of cracked black pepper stir in then pour in half a glass of white wine. Give this a simmer for 2 mins then pour in 1/4 pint fresh double cream and a little mustard. stir this all together and add the steaks. serve with new potatoes, brocolli and carrots.

For a hotter sauce put cracked blck pepper on the steaks before cooking.

Yum yum.

Sounds great but I think it was be a tad more than £2:50 :dozey: More like £6:00 just for the steaks :Yikes:

Will make a note of that does sound nice. :tu:

handyman
05-04-2005, 10:02
Also If the steak does not look to good in the shops then you can also use those pork fillets you can get in the long bags (about £3).
Slice it up into discs that are [----------------] that thick and use them the same but reduce the cooking time a bit.

danielf
05-04-2005, 10:36
OK the answer to how thick the steak was is 4 mm !!!

I

Minute steak. Yum. Reduce cooking time to just sealing the meat (1-2 mins)

SMHarman
05-04-2005, 11:08
Did it not feel light when you picked it up.

Trading standards would like to see that. I'm sure the weight is not as advertised etc.

Stuart
05-04-2005, 11:18
That's what you get for buying meat from a supermarket ;)

In fairness. buying meat from a butcher is not always an option.

Having said that, it's better to buy fresh meat from a supermarket than a frozen meal.

SMHarman
05-04-2005, 11:36

Having said that, it's better to buy fresh meat from a supermarket than a frozen meal.
But most supermarkets have a meat counter.

Stuart
05-04-2005, 11:39

But most supermarkets have a meat counter.

True, they do.. Hence my comment about Fresh Meat..