PDA

View Full Version : Lip Synch Problems

Graham
14-09-2003, 19:52
Hi there,

Has anyone else been watching BBC News 24 and noticed a problem with the speech being out of synch with the news-readers' mouths?

I've seen this happen several times over the past few months and I'm wondering if it's a problem with my box or the signal they get from the BBC.

SFAIK I've not seen it happen on any other channel.

Cheers,
Graham.

LooeyUK
14-09-2003, 23:50
...and is this a broadband discussion? I dont think so somehow

andygrif
15-09-2003, 10:24
Originally posted by Graham
Hi there,

Has anyone else been watching BBC News 24 and noticed a problem with the speech being out of synch with the news-readers' mouths?

I've seen this happen several times over the past few months and I'm wondering if it's a problem with my box or the signal they get from the BBC.

SFAIK I've not seen it happen on any other channel.

Cheers,
Graham.

This does happen every now and then. The best cure and simplest is to channel up, then back down to the one you were watching.

If this doesn't fix it, try a reboot of the box, and if is happening all the time, call customer services.

Salu
15-09-2003, 13:10

I have the same problem after 3 bottles of Tequilla

ic14
15-09-2003, 17:41
Sometimes it seems to be BBCs prob, cause i get on sky as well (only that channel, for an hour or so)

Maggy
15-09-2003, 19:06
Try flicking forwards or backwards channel wise.It should sort the problem out.

Incog.:)

jemnery
15-09-2003, 19:14
Originally posted by Salu
I have the same problem after 3 bottles of Tequilla

I guess you're with BUPA, if they've got cable TV playing while they're pumping your stomach... :spin:

Graham
15-09-2003, 23:59
Originally posted by andygrif
This does happen every now and then. The best cure and simplest is to channel up, then back down to the one you were watching.

If this doesn't fix it, try a reboot of the box, and if is happening all the time, call customer services. [/B]

Jumping channels doesn't fix it and rebooting is a tedious nuisance.

Also it doesn't happen all the time, only occasionally, so frankly it's not that much of a hassle to be worth bothering to call CS.

I was just wondering if it was only me who had the problem.

Thanks anyway.

SMHarman
16-09-2003, 17:17
Any particular channels?