PDA

View Full Version : How exactly can I get service?

AdamD
01-04-2005, 17:12
I took another half day off of work to call NTL about our internet "crashing" through the old Pace box.

Took about 5 minutes to get through and we explained the situation that it crashes 2/3 times a day, even when doing simple things like surfing or checking email.
We were told we CANT get a standalone cable modem and we'd have to wait until May 3rd for the Samsung box to get replaced.

This is really getting old
I've tried pm'ing NTL staff here but haven't had replies
We've tried calling 4 times now and had no luck
So what can we do? anyone?

paulyoung666
01-04-2005, 17:13
i wonder why you cant have a sacm :confused:

AdamD
01-04-2005, 17:16
According to the woman we spoke with, she said it wasn't compatible with the samsung box when we get it
I don't know either way so I couldn't really argue with her, but it sounded like a load of rubbish to me.

Raistlin
01-04-2005, 17:30
I've tried pm'ing NTL staff here but haven't had replies

I know this is a frustrating situation for you, but you must remember that the NTL staffers here will help a) if they can b) if they think it appropriate to do so c) if they want to.

It's not really fair for any of us to bombard them with PM's every time we have an issue that we want them to look into for us, they use this forum (as we all do) for their own recreational purposes.

The best thing to do if you would like an NTL staffer who is a regular here to help you with this sort of thing is simply to post your problem to the board in the appropriate area. If any of them read it and are willing/able to help then they will.

According to the woman we spoke with, she said it wasn't compatible with the samsung box when we get it
I don't know either way so I couldn't really argue with her, but it sounded like a load of rubbish to me.

I've got a SACM and a Samsung box.

The box does the TV, the SACM does the internet. The two aren't physically connected to each other and therefore shouldn't suffer from any compatibility issues.....

You would, however, have to have 2 feeds coming into the house. One feed (or cable if you like) goes to the STB and the other goes to the SACM.

AdamD
01-04-2005, 17:31
I

You would, however, have to have 2 feeds coming into the house. One feed (or cable if you like) goes to the STB and the other goes to the SACM.

That's what we originally had, before I cancelled my account and my step father took it over
But instead of getting a SACM, they put it through the crappy Pace box

Raistlin
01-04-2005, 17:35
Just ring 'em back and tell 'em you want a SACM for your internet and the STB to be purely for your TV.

If they start giving you crap about the two being incompatible tell whoever you're talking to that they should poke off and get their supervisor :D

AdamD
01-04-2005, 17:54
On the phone now, been put through 3 departments now
Customer service put me through to package changes, then I got put through to faults, then I got put through to technical support, now i've been told to call customer service again.

Weeee
Being put through to another department now

Raistlin
01-04-2005, 18:07
Sounds like you're having fun though :erm:

AdamD
01-04-2005, 18:18
Aye, mucho fun
Good news though, got an appointment on the 7th! yay!
Why on earth isn't this procedure easier? and why does it take 5+ department switches to get it done?