PDA

View Full Version : How reliable are Play.com

ic14
13-09-2003, 20:36
How reliable are Play.com?
Because im thinking of ordering a couple of games from them and i want to know if there quick or not?

Mal
13-09-2003, 20:41
I've had two DVD orders lost in transit from them and my very first order took nearly a week & a half to reach me from when they stated they had dispatched it. I gave them a second chance recently and that was okay.

my mate hasn't had any problems with them.

tabatha
13-09-2003, 20:55
Have used them many times for DVD..Always found them reliable..fast..and as cheap as any on-line supplier

XiceWolf
13-09-2003, 21:02
there based on an jersey i think arent they ? If your near the south i guess it wont take that long to get there.

dr wadd
13-09-2003, 21:42
Never had a single problem with them, delivery takes a few days but they make no secret of that. The only time they have ever screwed up one of my orders it was to my benefit as I ended up with a free DVD :)

ic14
16-09-2003, 20:04
Well my items have being dispatched! Should be here tomorrow!

Tezcatlipoca
16-09-2003, 20:10
I've used them a couple of times (game & DVD), & my orders both arrived in a couple of days.

Xice - Yep, they're based in Jersey.

Mr_Burns
16-09-2003, 21:02
Originally posted by ic14
Well my items have being dispatched! Should be here tomorrow!

I've ordered a lot of stuff from them, and normally things arrive 2-3 days after the dispatch date.

MikeyB
16-09-2003, 22:32
I've ordered loads of stuff from them, games & DVD's never any problems at all, I would highly recommend them :)

Mantrid
17-09-2003, 09:47
I've used them for a couple of years and have probably spent at least £1000 with them. I've never had any real problems.

Several months ago they were a bit slow on deliveries but now they seem to have got their act together again.

They also sent me a PS2 game once instead of an Xbox one but sorted it out immediately and refunded my return postage.

Boom
17-09-2003, 10:51
I've used them a lot, I mean like Mantrid's £1000 a lot. They're great provided you don't pre-order a game and expect it day of release (with exception to GRIT recently).

Funnily enough though, I've waiting on Family Guy Season 3 for over a week now since they said they dispatched it so I'm thinking its lost cause orders usually arrive within 3 days of being dispatched from them.

timewarrior2001
17-09-2003, 11:06
I've just started using them and I am happy with their service.
About 3 days for deliveries to North East England.

I have yet to find anyone offering DVD's cheaper!

Mantrid
17-09-2003, 14:46
Originally posted by Boom

Funnily enough though, I've waiting on Family Guy Season 3 for over a week now since they said they dispatched it so I'm thinking its lost cause orders usually arrive within 3 days of being dispatched from them.

I think that may be an Isle of Man post thing rather than anything to do with Play.

In the past I've ordered a DVD on say a Monday, get an email from Play on Tuesday saying its been posted. Then I've ordered another DVD on Thursday and both would arrive on Saturday.

Think the Isle of Man postal service might be collecting and distributing on certain days only.

Of course I could be completely wrong.

ic14
18-09-2003, 13:16
Order arrived today, the pack on one was slighty torn though, but it looks like customs had a look at it :confused:

Def buying from them again.

Dave Stones
18-09-2003, 13:24
Originally posted by ic14
Order arrived today, the pack on one was slighty torn though, but it looks like customs had a look at it :confused:

Def buying from them again.

it wouldnt surprise me knowing UK customs. everything ive ordered from play has come within 3 days of the order being placed, and the order has a CN22 on it all the time... it always gets shipped from belgium for some weird reason...:erm:

Boom
18-09-2003, 14:29
Well, I'm still waiting on my dvd which was dispatched on the 8th. Play's site says to wait 14 days before contacting them. Guess that's going to be the case. :(

Dave Stones
18-09-2003, 15:28
Originally posted by Boom
Well, I'm still waiting on my dvd which was dispatched on the 8th. Play's site says to wait 14 days before contacting them. Guess that's going to be the case. :(

cunning way to get out of the 7 day rule for internet purchases? ;)

or is that me being too cynical..?

TigaSefi
18-09-2003, 16:01
Originally posted by morris
i spent well over £1000 with them, they have failed to deliver about 30 items and the longest i've had to wait for a dvd is nine weeks.

£1000 divided by an average of £16.99 per dvd means about 59 dvd's and u had 30 lost which is half. That is shocking. So are you recommending them or not ?

Boom
20-09-2003, 13:14
My dvd came at last. That definitely was the longest wait I've had for something from them. Saying that CM04 came to my door today from them. :D