PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a ringtone, accepted it, but now they're bombarding me with messages.

MadGamer
31-03-2005, 17:54
Ok, when i got my phone, i decided to order a ringtone. So i searched on Google for 'Free Polyphonic Ringtones' and found this site with the tone i wanted. I ordered it, recieved the comfirmination message, and then later recieved it via a WAP message. I accepted the ringtone and now they are bombarding me with messages to links with more tones, which is greatly reducing my credit. How can i resolve this? I have sent a message back a day or so ago now, asking to be removed from the list but im still recieving the messages.

smicer07
31-03-2005, 17:58
Text STOP or STOP ALL to the number they're sending it from. IF they don't stop, you'll need to contact someone to block their number.

shredder
31-03-2005, 18:07
text stop will not work, they did it to me and i got charged £6+ a month on my bill, my phone company were reluctant to help, i cancelled mine after using a contact form on the companies web page, you won't get through to their cmr services, it will be a long hold and premium rate because they don't want you to get through to them!

Richard M
31-03-2005, 18:32
Looks like someone didn't read the small print...
Phone your provider and give them the short code is was sent from (8xxxx) so they can give you the customer service number for this company (usually 0870, not a premium rate one BTW) to get them stopped.
Your mobile provider cannot stop these messages BTW, you must do it yourself.

shredder
31-03-2005, 18:34
i was given a 090 number by vodafone, it was a company called get zed...never again!

dilli-theclaw
31-03-2005, 18:35
Wayne - what is the company site? Only because we may find something of use on there. You never know.

Richard M
31-03-2005, 18:37
i was given a 090 number by vodafone, it was a company called get zed...never again!

New one on me, our database (I worked for Voda Acc Management last year) only had 0870 numbers.
If I was given a 09xx number I'd probably email instead, or ramraid their front door. :angel:

shredder
31-03-2005, 18:45
that's what i did after being on hold i came to the assumption i'd be on hold indefinately and used the get zed online contact form, it's all sorted now though!

ZrByte
31-03-2005, 19:06
Who buys ringtones anyway? I normally get them in midi form and bluetooth them over via my PC. :) simple, elegent and I dont get phone spammed :D

Richard M
31-03-2005, 19:19
Same here, MIDI does the job. :)
I can use mp3 files if I want and I also use my PC to transfer free wallpapers to my phone.

shredder
31-03-2005, 19:30
that was on my old phone, my new phone has mp3, wouldn't know what to do with it though!

Derek
31-03-2005, 19:36
Can you let me know what the short code you originally sent it too was?

My current employers have a pretty good database of contact details for these companies.

mrlipring
31-03-2005, 19:46
A lot of these people selling ringtones are scoundrels. 9/10 times it's just tones they've ripped off the web as well, and there were companies selling some of the b3ta pictures as well. Absolute cheek.

MadGamer
31-03-2005, 21:51
Can you let me know what the short code you originally sent it too was?

My current employers have a pretty good database of contact details for these companies. Ive deleted it now, but if it happens again, i will post the code i sent it to.

Derek
01-04-2005, 09:55
Ive deleted it now, but if it happens again, i will post the code i sent it to.

You've a PM waiting with unsubscription details if they are needed.

MadGamer
01-04-2005, 13:57
Ive deleted it now, but if it happens again, i will post the code i sent it to.

You've a PM waiting with unsubscription details if they are needed.

A copy of the email i sent them:

Hello, my name is Wayne Austin, a few weeks ago, i ordered a ringtone from you, from which i recieved almost instantly and which i was pleased with. Since this occasion i have recieved nothing but weekly WAP messages to my phone offering me ringtones, of which i no longer wish to recieve, as its reducing my phones credit greatly. So my question is or statement in this case is that i wish to be removed from your system and no longer wish to be contacted regarding your services.

Details are as follows:

Phone Model: o2 X2
Network: O2
Phone number:REMOVED (NOTE: I do not wished to be contacted, just my details to be removed from your system.)

PS: I would like any money refunded to my phone as soon as possible.

Thank you for your co operation in this matter.

Wayne Austin

email sent to: support@stealthnet.co.uk

Paul K
01-04-2005, 14:21
Was it ringtonezone?

This offer is only for compatible Polyphonic handsets. You must be over 16 to participate in this offer. Strictly only 1 free ringtone per user. Handset must be WAP push/GPRS enabled. Please have the bill payers permission before ordering. *This is a subscription service & you will be sent our great new tone every 5 days, starting immediately after we send you your link to your free item. You can of course unsubscribe at any time though by simply texting *tone code here* stop or stop to 83300. Tones charged at 2 x £1.50 messages every 5 days. Real tones are sound alikes performed in the likeness of the original artist. Service provided by: StealthNET Ltd, PO Box 202, Great Yarmouth, NR31 7ZS
It's unlikely they will refund you anything for not reading the small print ;) You got your ringtone and they got your number to spam until you tell them otherwise.

MadGamer
01-04-2005, 15:01
Was it ringtonezone?

This offer is only for compatible Polyphonic handsets. You must be over 16 to participate in this offer. Strictly only 1 free ringtone per user. Handset must be WAP push/GPRS enabled. Please have the bill payers permission before ordering. *This is a subscription service & you will be sent our great new tone every 5 days, starting immediately after we send you your link to your free item. You can of course unsubscribe at any time though by simply texting *tone code here* stop or stop to 83300. Tones charged at 2 x £1.50 messages every 5 days. Real tones are sound alikes performed in the likeness of the original artist. Service provided by: StealthNET Ltd, PO Box 202, Great Yarmouth, NR31 7ZS
It's unlikely they will refund you anything for not reading the small print ;) You got your ringtone and they got your number to spam until you tell them otherwise. Yes it was. I texted stop to that number and ill see what happens.