PDA

View Full Version : Poor Upload...Again..!!!

Earwig
30-03-2005, 00:19
I posted some months back about a problem with my upload. Ignition had a go at sorting it and it made it alot better until NTL actually fixed the noise on my line....

This fix took about 6 weeks to come but finally it did and all was ok until now....!
Since the upgrade to 3MB my upload has been pretty poor. Especially over the last few days.

I have yet to ring NTL about it as last time this arose I spent hours and hours on hold before being fed a load of crap each time, and always something different before being reassured that it was being fixed and then having to recall again the next day and spend yet another night on hold.
3 Times I was transferred to NTL level 2 and 2 times I was cut off before I got connected to them. Third time lucky and within a couple of days I was sorted with a nice Answer machne message apologising for the long wait in fixing the problem....

I am hoping maybe some ideas can come from people in this forum before I try the long call to NTL.....?
I know little about pinging sites etc... but believe that last time I was pointed to a site which gave signal strength and line noise... I will look for that now.

P.S. I am in Northants area NN10. I see others in Northants are havig probs to....

Tnx in advance. :)

EDIT: Just to point out that my upload does run at 36KB/s some of the time but keeps dropping to under 10KB/s and even 0 before going back up again. But it does spend most of it's time in the low teens, so it is not a cnfg prob in the modem?

EDIT 2: I use a NTL home modem and have tried to get signal strengths using ignitions sticky thread but I get Syntax error? Will keep looking. :o